How to plug in Question

In EV the neutron cannon was a gun but a secondary weapon also. Would it be possible, if your ship had both cannons and turrents, for the cannons to show up as a secondary weapon? This would also mean that turrents and cannons would be the same way they were in EV. I mean that a gun does not take up a turrent spot the way it does in EVO. An example of what I want is say a UE Crusier with 5 neutron turrents and as its secondary weapon 5 neutron cannons "if they would let you have 5". I thought a plug in like this would be neat and not unbalence the game.

------------------

Originally posted by Jubee:
**In EV the neutron cannon was a gun but a secondary weapon also. Would it be possible, if your ship had both cannons and turrents, for the cannons to show up as a secondary weapon? This would also mean that turrents and cannons would be the same way they were in EV. I mean that a gun does not take up a turrent spot the way it does in EVO. An example of what I want is say a UE Crusier with 5 neutron turrents and as its secondary weapon 5 neutron cannons "if they would let you have 5". I thought a plug in like this would be neat and not unbalence the game.

The EVO scenario was designed so multiple gun/turret combos weren't possible. It's NOT a bug or a mistake in anyway. I think it works out better...keeps things even. For one thing, guns don't take turret slots. Turrets take gun slots. The plug you're talking about was probably made already. There are tons of plugs which do the same thing, like various outfit mods which allow buying and selling of bays...and after a while, there's no point. i'd say concentrate on someting else...

How does having secondary cannons even things out?

PEACE YO!

------------------
~Kwanza~

"Quoted the Kwanza Man...nevermore"

AIM: Kwanzar26

Kwanzasoft Graphics
(url="http://"http://www.crosswinds.net/~kwanza")www.crosswinds.net/~kwanza(/url)

To Kwanzar

I think it would not change the balence of the game because you could not fire 5 neutron turrents and the Em. cannons while firing a load of rockets at an enemy at the same time. It would only provide a secondary that would always be there to be used but not a more powerful secondary weapon. I.E. Stat wise the 1 rocket launcher is about twice as powerful as a Em. cannon however the cannon will always be available, especially in a long battle. I was just wanting to clarify what I meant. I do agree though that allowing you to max out cannons and turrents the way it was in EV only on the 'Primary' weapons is unfair to the computer.

------------------

What I am suggesting really is not anything more than a mass driver against the Vionians and the old school neutron cannons on the confed crusier.

------------------
Why are there no maroon ships?