*sigh*

Looking at the usernames posting... I realized what has come.

Most of the post here are not made by the same people.

Eh. I suppose only a handful of people remain that remember the days when the same crap wasn't discussed over and over. When you'd see 10-20 posts my one person on the board at once.

Even the posts you didn't have to read...
"n/t" ...gone forever...

------------------
tear it down - AIM: G2uidehatr - gwii@excite.com - Rip the System!

I won´´t leave,...I guess that don´t help much...I´m not that "old". Do you remember how long I´ve been here? At least it isn´t as messed up as on the EV board, that ship poll has been posted a few times! And the stupid war they got betweem EV and EVO...at least people are more mature here, they don´t post that crap here. Can any one belive that, starting a war between EV&EVO.; Cya. -Shadow

------------------
If it´s quality software you can read "Made with Macintosh" -Shadow

I have played EVO since it came out and still does. I went one year to another country with my parents (Australia) and I couldnt bring my Mac along. Think of it, sitting on your ass in front of a PC for one year...I came back three weeks ago and I quickly discovered this site. So I cant be blamed. Yeah, I noticed the post EV vs. EVO war and take distance from it. Both games are pretty good, EV for the Ship Graphics and EVO for the playability and the storyline which is better than on EV. I prefer EVO but I have done the hole thing like 17 times, downloaded every plug- in I managed and tried them. So it start getting really boring.

------------------
"Terrorists are here to terrorise"!
-Quote from Vladmimir Ilich Ulianov alias Lenin-

Originally posted by --Eirik--:
**I have played EVO since it came out and still does. I went one year to another country with my parents (Australia) and I couldnt bring my Mac along. Think of it, sitting on your ass in front of a PC for one year...I came back three weeks ago and I quickly discovered this site. So I cant be blamed. Yeah, I noticed the post EV vs. EVO war and take distance from it. Both games are pretty good, EV for the Ship Graphics and EVO for the playability and the storyline which is better than on EV. I prefer EVO but I have done the hole thing like 17 times, downloaded every plug- in I managed and tried them. So it start getting really boring.

Try making your own. It's a lot harder than you think, but it is also a lot funner than you think. Try doing dome simple ones. However, if you make cheat plug-ins I shall personaly find where you are and ring your neck.
~Gav

------------------

this, I'm going to bed.

Oh yes...whatever happened to 'n/t' and "spoilers"

------------------
rřß

I've been playing since EV but I just got here so bye now!!

------------------
Very funny, now beam down my clothes. These ladies look rest-less..... uh-oh...

Yeah, I remember the good days Mikee... I remember times before Super Ant was Super Ant... Remember when he was Paulco? I remember you before you were Soviet Mikee... You went through about 50 names 🙂 Ahh, those were the good days...

:frown:

-BD

------------------
BD -- Aeon Productions -- BD

I remember on my first day i got into a row with Mikee J... Ahhh those were the days, when people were actually mature. Are you mikee J Soviet? I always meant to ask you but never did...

------------------
"How can I make it go faster?" -Me-

Originally posted by Azdara:
**I remember on my first day i got into a row with Mikee J... Ahhh those were the days, when people were actually mature. Are you mikee J Soviet? I always meant to ask you but never did...

Any names with "Soviet", "mikee" or "GWII" was me.

------------------

geez, i remeber when the bar was still on one page, and people actually followed the rules there, like giving lothe 20% of the creds. which is defineteley a better name than azdara, change it back

------------------
"what is life but a prelude to death?"-me

I remember when I wasn't registered, and used "I am registered...Ambrosia just won't admit it" as my signature. Wait, that was...3 weeks ago, or maybe 5.

------------------
You don't blow it up, you just, how shall I put it,
"Let the smoke out"-Jack

I want a doughnut. A doughnut as doughnutty as a doughnut made of flour, water, one large egg, sugar, a pinch of yeast, cinnamon to taste, and jam or jelly filling, depending on preference. Its not a doughnut as something in any way metaphorical. Just a doughnut.

Originally posted by Soviet mikee:
**Any names with "Soviet", "mikee" or "GWII" was me.

Wasn't there also a short-lived QWII in there somewhere as well? Or am I just going nuts staring at misn resources?

------------------

**Looking at the usernames posting... I realized what has come.

Most of the post here are not made by the same people.

Eh. I suppose only a handful of people remain that remember the days when the same crap wasn't discussed over and over. When you'd see 10-20 posts my one person on the board at once.

Even the posts you didn't have to read...
"n/t" ...gone forever...

Ah, the wonders of selective memory.

"Most of the posts are not made by the same people" - Yeah, ain't it a bloody shame that new people have discoverd EV/O and bring new ideas and fresh viewpoint to the community? 🙂

"...only a handful of people remain that remember the days when the same crap wasn't discussed over and over..." - hardly surprising since those days never existed, at least for more than a week or so at a time.

"...you'd see 10 or 20 posts by one person on the board at once..." - Yeah, sometimes thing were really slow. And the odds were that of 20 posts on the board by the same person no more than one of them had any real content.

"...posts you didn't have to read..." - If you didn't read them, how did you know what they said? Yeah, I know what you mean even if you didn't say it: "n/t" posts that did not have to be 'opened' to read. Now with UBB you just have to decide if the topic is something you want to read; the 'topic starter' is a good clue. (For instance, if I see a topic started by Azdara, Secret Chimp, or Andrew M, I know that it is totally devoid of any useful or interesting content.)

mikee, you are much to young to be living in the past. The board has moved on, for better or worse. UBB is what we have now. Get over it!

(There are always the alternative boards if you prefer the Discboard style.)

------------------
Joe Burnette

"I find that humans can be divided into only two meaningful categories: Decent Humans and Sonsofbitches; both types appear to be evenly distributed
among all shapes, colors, sizes, and nationalities." -- Keith Laumer

You know, the boards have definitely changed, all of them. I didn't come to this board until I registered EVO, which was only a few months ago, I had some extra cash.
But I've been reading the original Ambrosia webboards on this site, from the very beginning. Before the EV/EVO boards got moved in. Before every game got its own board. Before the number of registered users was even LISTED, and when it was listed, it was under 300. That's been, wow, a year or two. I think I agree though, with your sentiment, Mikee. There seem to be more a**holes on the board now. Maybe it's just me, but I seem to recall that posts were actually intelligent way back then. Man, I remember the first multiplayer EV post, at least on the ASW boards. It was so fresh, and new, and not so dumb. Oh well, I guess there is nothing to be gained by reminiscence (sp?). It's too bad, though.

------------------
"The impossible is easy; it's the unfeasible that poses a problem."

Originally posted by Joe Burnette:
**Ah, the wonders of selective memory.

"Most of the posts are not made by the same people" - Yeah, ain't it a bloody shame that new people have discoverd EV/O and bring new ideas and fresh viewpoint to the community? 🙂

"...only a handful of people remain that remember the days when the same crap wasn't discussed over and over..." - hardly surprising since those days never existed, at least for more than a week or so at a time.

"...you'd see 10 or 20 posts by one person on the board at once..." - Yeah, sometimes thing were really slow. And the odds were that of 20 posts on the board by the same person no more than one of them had any real content.

"...posts you didn't have to read..." - If you didn't read them, how did you know what they said? Yeah, I know what you mean even if you didn't say it: "n/t" posts that did not have to be 'opened' to read. Now with UBB you just have to decide if the topic is something you want to read; the 'topic starter' is a good clue. (For instance, if I see a topic started by Azdara, Secret Chimp, or Andrew M, I know that it is totally devoid of any useful or interesting content.)

mikee, you are much to young to be living in the past. The board has moved on, for better or worse. UBB is what we have now. Get over it!

(There are always the alternative boards if you prefer the Discboard style.)

" 'Too' young to be...."

Hmmm. How old are you again? =p

------------------

**" 'Too' young to be...."

Hmmm. How old are you again? =p

Irrelevant.
Your age was the topic of discussion. 🙂

(You are also old and experienced enough to know better than to quote an entire post in order to respond to a four-word phrase.)

------------------
Joe Burnette

"I find that humans can be divided into only two meaningful categories: Decent Humans and Sonsofbitches; both types appear to be evenly distributed
among all shapes, colors, sizes, and nationalities." -- Keith Laumer

Heh. I departed the old board a few weeks befor eit was taken down, and I came back to fnd it horrible deformed and misfigured (UBB!) but hey it's not that bad and I could liv ewith it.

Yeah, whatever happened to all the other people? Zaphod Beeblebrox, MicahL, King Arthur, Dragon, etc.... they post a lot on the Ultra Evo RPG board, but not here...

------------------
Lunar 2
One is back, new and
improved

Originally posted by Joe Burnette:
**Irrelevant.
Your age was the topic of discussion. 🙂

(You are also old and experienced enough to know better than to quote an entire post in order to respond to a four-word phrase.)

Rather, I am to damn lazy to not just hit the 'reply' link and stary typing. Usually I don't...

------------------

Er... maybe your confusing me with "Adzy". I don't think i post irrelivand shďt. Do I? If i do tell me cause i wouldn't want to.

------------------
"How can I make it go faster?" -Me-

Hmm... No oldies? don't worry, Divals the Conqueror is here! tho i don't post much...

Divals the Conqueror ™,©,® since 1997!

------------------
Ever wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?