What EV/EVO has...

...that Nova doesn't

I realized recently that there are some things EV can do that EVN can't:

-Can have the whole map change through the game and still have randomized missions (Unlike in EVN, with its odd mission selector)

-Beams go thru multiple objects (Unlike in EVN, where it just stops and does damage)

Anyone have any others?

This post has been edited by ScratSkinner : 21 April 2006 - 01:53 PM

EV and EVO can run on my old Centris 650.

EVN... nah.

Decoy flares.

You know, I'm wondering...

Most of the Empire trilogy features something called the "EV AI Upgrade". How does that work? And would it be possible (hypothetically) to "downgrade" Nova so it doesn't care whether a stellar is "nontransient?"

Fewer missions! 😛

Fewer resources!

"Ultimate" combat rating.

EDIT: "Mostly harmless" combat rating.

This post has been edited by kitkut : 21 April 2006 - 11:53 PM

@general-cade-smart, on Apr 21 2006, 01:38 PM, said in What EV/EVO has...:

Decoy flares.

I wish they hadn't taken out decoy flares. Oh the possibilities. coughchafflaunchercough

style.

EVC and EVO: 7 alien races combining the two games together.
EVN: 2 alien races.

This post has been edited by Crow T. Robot : 22 April 2006 - 07:20 AM

How could you forget this?

Forklift.

A variety of expansion and TC plugins.

A better game balance

Originality.

Just started playing the ported version, and I can see why you guys stick to it.

More TCs.

-Beams go thru multiple objects (Unlike in EVN, where it just stops and does damage)

All versions of Classic, and early versions of Override. I know Override 1.0.2 doesn't have that.

I can name about a zillion things but I won't. Thing is, Nova seems to be a nearly completely different game from EV and EVO. It has an ending, it has completely different storylines, etc. I, personally, liked EVC and EVO better, but that's just personal oppinion.

I will name one thing, however: Neverendingness (if that's a word). Nova ends. EV/EVO don't.

@lord-rama, on Apr 22 2006, 01:53 AM, said in What EV/EVO has...:

I wish they hadn't taken out decoy flares. Oh the possibilities. coughchafflaunchercough

You can do a chaff launcher. Short range PD weapon with low speed but long linger.

@antihero, on Apr 22 2006, 05:53 AM, said in What EV/EVO has...:

style.

You said it.

@scratskinner, on Apr 21 2006, 07:24 PM, said in What EV/EVO has...:

And would it be possible (hypothetically) to "downgrade" Nova so it doesn't care whether a stellar is "nontransient?"

Make all stellars transient. This means, for each system with a nontransient spöb, make another system with the same coordinates that doesn't have any spöbs.

@qaanol, on May 4 2006, 06:57 PM, said in What EV/EVO has...:

Make all stellars transient. This means, for each system with a nontransient spöb, make another system with the same coordinates that doesn't have any spöbs.

What I mean is how to make it so the Nova engine can do random missions to/from transient spobs.