Anyone remember....BFS III? Ah the memories.

Guess I'll post here since the Escape Velocity Original webboard is seeing little to no action...

Well it has been over 3 years since BFS III concluded, and I typed my screenname into google to find out what would pop up. What I got, among other things, was a link to the Battle for Sol III webstory from the winter of 2001/2002, featuring such characters as me, Vice Admiral Ipvicus, Grunadulater, BariSaxGuy, Macavenger, Captain Skyblade, Azdara Ace, Jager, Jimbob, Captain Carnotaur, spl_cadet, General Rak, and others.

Yes, the fabled "Hologram projection jumpgate battle," Skyblade's loss of a 340 million dollar ship in one post, and of course the capture of Dresden that supposedly "won" the game but instead just left the webstory in controversy.

After just spending hours browsing almost the entirety of the BFS III Discussion and Story threads, I'm just posting for the first time in a long time, and wondering if anyone from that awesome webstory is still around and remembers the whole ordeal.

I'd also like to note that the fortunes of the "items" mentioned in my sig have improved greatly since the webstory, which was January of 2002.

This post has been edited by Kylethekender545 : 21 March 2005 - 04:48 AM

Ouch! The move of disinterest!

AHHHHHHHHH, cough cough ahem, hello

BFS III was the first one I was in. Too bad it's part of the reason why there's really only been one other webstory since.

If only there wasn't so many problems with it. such as people bending the rules to there benifit, and such... Oh well, prehaps one day

I remember...oh yes, I remember. That was fun, until the rules started warping.

Hey guys!

I didn't play BFS III.

BFS I was kinda fun. BFS II degraded into really nasty flaming. I decided BFS III wouldn't be worth the time, energy and aggravation.

... Then the demands of my business distracted me for a few months. I tried to sign on to ASW sometime last year and the boards were all different looking. Also, I couldn't seem to make anything work....

I just had a few minutes, and thought I'd see if I could get back in. Viola! It's working.

So ... what'd I miss the last year?

- KK

I remember being an officer on Skyblade's side of somewhat importance, but then right before it started, my computer went to crap and started the long exile of Mr. Moose. So I never got to play. Damn. 😞

I remember staying out of it and watching your petty arguments from the safety of the Boozerama Bar.

"...Vice Admiral Ipvicus, Grunadulater, BariSaxGuy, Macavenger, Captain Skyblade, Azdara Ace, Jager, Jimbob, Captain Carnotaur, spl_cadet, General Rak..."

Those were the days.

How the hell do the rules warp when there's someone in charge??? 😞