poison frogs

ok I took the advice of leaving the mother to learn more. I went to the Mithalas Cathedral and have beat two of the strange bulbus laser shoting things and am now tring to go further but I can,t seem to do any damage to the poison frogs. I have tried eating some things and blasting away , tried natural form with sheild and alas am stumped .any advice.

Hmmm...I don't understand where you are in the Cathedral. I'm guessing you're at a point where the tunnel is blocked by poisoned frogs. You're correct in that you can't damage or destroy them, but you can move them if you try.

Bind them.

You can't destroy the gas transformed frogmen. They are now invulnerable to you once they have become bloated. You can interact with them in other ways, and this is a key when dealing with these poisonous and toxic creatures, you will need to know this knowledge later in the game.

@magnusapollo, on Jan 27 2009, 01:42 PM, said in poison frogs:

You can't destroy the gas transformed frogmen. They are now invulnerable to you once they have become bloated. You can interact with them in other ways, and this is a key when dealing with these poisonous and toxic creatures, you will need to know this knowledge later in the game.

Li can kill them. Of course you'd have to have Li at that point which is doable but not really the intended flow of the story. πŸ™‚

@ragashingo, on Jan 27 2009, 07:28 PM, said in poison frogs:

Li can kill them. Of course you'd have to have Li at that point which is doable but not really the intended flow of the story. πŸ™‚

wow.. you got Li? how is that even possible? Or is it that you go back to that area after getting Li? cause I thought you need the power of the beast to get up past the current of the veil.

You need either spirit form or beast form in order to venture into the Veil, but both require beating the cathedral.

You shouldn't need to beat the cathedral to get spirit form.

I have Li and am in the cathedal tring to fight the boss but Li is killing all the mermen. how to I get rid of li

Well, in either your home or in Li's cave, you can "use" Li's helmet and he will not follow you. That will involve backtracking, though, and that might not be fun. I don't know of a way to get rid of him otherwise.

If you sing LiҀ™s song, that should toggle his attacking.

You know, it's funny. When I got to the point where the poisoned mutant mithalans were blocking my path, I assumed I didn't have what I needed to progress, so I went and did the kelp forest first. It turns out that the plant grenades make short work of that particular barrier.

Of course, I didn't even realize you could bind them. I had to watch a Youtube video to figure out how to beat Mithala. Only then did I realize that the barrier was actually intended to force you to figure out that you could bind the mutants, and thus prepare you to fight the boss. facepalm

@magnusapollo, on Jan 27 2009, 07:21 PM, said in poison frogs:

wow.. you got Li? how is that even possible? Or is it that you go back to that area after getting Li? cause I thought you need the power of the beast to get up past the current of the veil.

You're right, as far as I can tell there is no way to get Li without beast form. I guess I was treasure hunting with him later in the game.

Oh and in trying to find a non-beast form path to Li I rediscovered something: How awesomely beautiful Aquaria is. I'd been taking a break from it and it paid off. Playing through the Kelp Forest and Open Waters in full widescreen was amazing all over again. πŸ™‚

@ragashingo, on Jan 28 2009, 06:50 PM, said in poison frogs:

You're right, as far as I can tell there is no way to get Li without beast form. I guess I was treasure hunting with him later in the game.

No, I just checked it out and if you get Spirit Form, you can head into Veil 2 from Veil 1 from Open Waters or the Kelp Forrest. And all you need for Spirit Form is Nature and Energy.

@zqipper, on Jan 28 2009, 06:48 PM, said in poison frogs:

No, I just checked it out and if you get Spirit Form, you can head into Veil 2 from Veil 1 from Open Waters or the Kelp Forrest. And all you need for Spirit Form is Nature and Energy.

Is there a way to spirit form without Beast Form? I thought there were at least 2 strong currents between you and Spirit form...

Ahhh...you're right. There's only one, but there it is. My bad.

You're meant to need at least Beast form to get into the Veil, but apparently some people have been able to get the large cetacean that hangs around in Open Waters near Mithalas to push them up the currents.

I wasn't even aware that that thing could push you...