Here it is!

It's about damn time. I've been waiting for this game for ages. ;.;

Thanks for all the hard work, guys!

Hmmm... how 'bout a Special Cake and Berry Ice Cream?

I saw a new header promoting a long awaited product, and jumped on the download bandwagon. Now, I'll have to try it out.

Finally!

@pace, on Nov 14 2008, 09:41 AM, said in Here it is!:

I saw a new header promoting a long awaited product, and jumped on the download bandwagon. Now, I'll have to try it out.
Finally!

It's a fun game. Very much how some of the old games from Ambrosia were like. Great game play, lots of easter eggs in the game, way more game play bang for your buck than you could imagine.

@magnusapollo, on Nov 14 2008, 01:21 PM, said in Here it is!:

It's a fun game. Very much how some of the old games from Ambrosia were like. Great game play, lots of easter eggs in the game, way more game play bang for your buck than you could imagine.

Heh, I could name one. 😄

I'm so glad the game is out and the forum is up! Can't wait for the Aquaria Hacking section (possible chron and bar as well)! One thing's still missing... an Add-ons page!

Great job Bit Blot and Ambrosia! 🙂

Quick question for those who have already played some of it:

Spoiler

Can the special door in the Cave of Verse (or whatever its name is) be opened:
- from within the area (i.e. do I have to keep on looking, or do I have to forget about it for a while)
- by people using the demo?

Because I just spent half an hour looking for a way to open it, and no luck 😞

Yes and yes 🙂

Hint:

Spoiler

Lower right corner of the map has the "key".

Heh, that was the first place I checked. I guess I'll have to try using the environment a little more this time 😉

Tips, in order of frustration (don't use these unless you're really stuck)

Spoiler

Do any of the symbols in the lower right look a little... familiar?

(small hint)

Spoiler

Have you looked on your song circle, for instance?

(bigger hint)

Spoiler

What if you sang the symbols written on the wall?

(really big hint)

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 15 November 2008 - 05:29 AM

Aquaria has the type of puzzles where the solution isn't immediately obvious, but when you figure it out, you're like "D'oh, why didn't I think of that sooner?"

Oh, a boss tip for future reference:

Spoiler

Try everything you can do in each form you have against it, even if it's not an offensive move.

This post has been edited by JoshTigerheart : 15 November 2008 - 01:00 PM

Trippy!

Crud, I hit the unregistered cutoff. I expected to hit it at least by Thanksgiving; Christmas is about 40 days away from now!

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 15 November 2008 - 01:58 PM

The game has been running fine on my G4 Dual 867 with 2Gigs RAM.

@jacabyte, on Nov 15 2008, 07:57 PM, said in Here it is!:

Crud, I hit the unregistered cutoff. I expected to hit it at least by Thanksgiving; Christmas is about 40 days away from now!

I know the feeling: I went both up and down the current there to make sure I couldn't do a little more.
When my brother also reaches the "end of demo", it'll probably be pressure on me ("when are you getting Aquaria?").

Trust me, it's reallllly worth it. As a tester (who has played through the whole game), I have to say that this game rocks.

The main performance issue is the framebuffer effects. Those are pretty killer, and if you have vsync on and the framerate dips below a number that will divide evenly into your monitor's refresh rate, things get ugly fast. Unfortunately, this is a game that is much nicer with vsync on, and those effects are really cool sometimes. 😞

As usual, I think I get slightly better performance with the Windows version in Boot Camp.

Well I will probably buy the Mac version for a family member or two* while I wait for 1.1 for Windows.

Did I mention this game is wonderful, best of its genre that I've played since Super Metroid, and most emotionally affecting game I've played ever except possibly bioware RPG's?

*Honestly I think I will buy this goddamn game once a year for as long as is necessary to get a sequel.

This post has been edited by LoneIgadzra : 16 November 2008 - 10:24 PM

Turns out I was easily convinced to buy a licence.
'dem bloody addictive games!

Downloaded it and tried it out for ten minutes. Got to admit, I was pretty disappointed in what I saw. Mildly good gameplay, decent graphics, completely underwhelmed by the whole thing. For how long it was in development, and for all of the things I'd read, both on these boards and elsewhere, I expected more.

shrug

Have you got Energy Form yet? Forms add a bunch to the gameplay. The first ten minutes is mostly a linear "Go to point A to point B".

Anyways, finish the demo first before you make the final opinion.