Installing gateways and such

How do we install add-on gateways and skins?

I have a skin/several gateways that I would very much like to install.

Also, is Onlink going to get to the mac, or no?

@rightlink, on May 9 2008, 07:47 PM, said in Installing gateways and such:

Also, is Onlink going to get to the mac, or no?

Yes.

So how do you install add ons in the new version? :huh:

I have a registered copy of Uplink. I tried to install the gateways.

This is my attempt: I put these files in what i thought would be appropriate directories:

/Applications/Uplink.app/Contents/Resources/graphics/gateway/NanosTECH2_t.tif
/Applications/Uplink.app/Contents/Resources/graphics/gateway/NanosTECH2.tif

/Applications/Uplink.app/Contents/Resources/data/gateways/NanosTECH2.txt

I created the graphics and data folders in the Resources directory.

But alas, i have yet to see the custom gateways appear in the uplink internal services server's hardware section. If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, please let me know!

EDIT : Well I've heard for a few sources that the code needs to be looked at before we can find out how it is possible to put addons on. So for as far as I know... no addons can be put on the latest version. ; _ ;

This post has been edited by rookie10276 : 26 July 2008 - 04:39 PM

@rookie10276, on Jul 18 2008, 07:32 PM, said in Installing gateways and such:

I have a registered copy of Uplink. I tried to install the gateways.

This is my attempt: I put these files in what i thought would be appropriate directories:

/Applications/Uplink.app/Contents/Resources/graphics/gateway/NanosTECH2_t.tif
/Applications/Uplink.app/Contents/Resources/graphics/gateway/NanosTECH2.tif

/Applications/Uplink.app/Contents/Resources/data/gateways/NanosTECH2.txt

I created the graphics and data folders in the Resources directory.

But alas, i have yet to see the custom gateways appear in the uplink internal services server's hardware section. If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, please let me know!

EDIT : Well I've heard for a few sources that the code needs to be looked at before we can find out how it is possible to put addons on. So for as far as I know... no addons can be put on the latest version. ; _ ;

Kent is working on an update before he leaves that should address the gateways/add-ons loading. Uplink will pick them up in ~/Library/Application Support/Uplink/mods. You should avoid modifying anything in the Resources folder since Uplink is code signed and will break under certain 10.5 account modes and under future major OS revisions.

@rudy, on Aug 5 2008, 01:23 PM, said in Installing gateways and such:

Kent is working on an update before he leaves that should address the gateways/add-ons loading. Uplink will pick them up in ~/Library/Application Support/Uplink/mods. You should avoid modifying anything in the Resources folder since Uplink is code signed and will break under certain 10.5 account modes and under future major OS revisions.

Do you know when he is leaving?

@rookie10276, on Aug 11 2008, 07:06 PM, said in Installing gateways and such:

Do you know when he is leaving?

Based on Rudy's statement, that depends on how long the update takes.

@s-s--valor, on Aug 12 2008, 05:27 PM, said in Installing gateways and such:

Based on Rudy's statement, that depends on how long the update takes.

He's gone, I have taken over all his projects. Bubble Trouble X and Apeiron X shipped yesterday. I have one reported bug to fix against Uplink which i'm currently looking at now.

Rudy, do you know roughly when you'll finish the Update for Uplink? Like, will it be a few weeks, or a few months? A general idea of how soon you finish it would be fine.

@rookie10276, on Sep 21 2008, 11:57 PM, said in Installing gateways and such:

Rudy, do you know roughly when you'll finish the Update for Uplink? Like, will it be a few weeks, or a few months? A general idea of how soon you finish it would be fine.

I am going to bet that, as usual, the answer is "when it is done." Stop nagging, and have a little patience.

xander

@darwinian, on Sep 21 2008, 10:08 PM, said in Installing gateways and such:

I am going to bet that, as usual, the answer is "when it is done." Stop nagging, and have a little patience.

xander

Miah and I sorted out the last remaining bug slated for 1.6.1. I'm building a new fc at this point, so depending on QA's workload sometime next week.

-rudy

@rudy, on Sep 26 2008, 10:18 AM, said in Installing gateways and such:

Miah and I sorted out the last remaining bug slated for 1.6.1. I'm building a new fc at this point, so depending on QA's workload sometime next week.

-rudy

Yes, i am replying to myself. It has been declared gm1, release is slated for thursday barring anything QA finds between now and then.

:ninja:

-rudy