Uplink for Intel Macs?

I was wondering if there is a plan to make Uplink Intel compatible. I love this game and would buy it, if I could run it on my core duo machine...

Hopefully some time soon.

yeah I loved uplink, now I cant play it cus I got a new computer

Yes, I would like this title release for Intel Mac... and I'll put my $ where my mouth is!

Really? All I have to say is just wait a few months.

If you have the 'Boot Camp' technology installed you could run the Windows or Linux versions.

@prophile, on Oct 17 2006, 08:54 PM, said in Uplink for Intel Macs?:

If you have the 'Boot Camp' technology installed you could run the Windows or Linux versions.

Or use CrossOver or Parallels or something like that 🙂

xander

@darwinian, on Oct 17 2006, 09:49 PM, said in Uplink for Intel Macs?:

Or use CrossOver or Parallels or something like that 🙂

xander

I reckon Uplink would run so slowly as to be unplayable on those 🙂

Hi all, first time post in the Uplink forums for me. I only discovered the game recently, quite by accident actually, and was immediately hooked. I'd definitely support an Intel-based version 🙂

PS Prophile, I like your avatar – from TMST Animation/Lemon Demon music 'I've got some falling to do', right?

@sprong, on Nov 30 2006, 09:44 AM, said in Uplink for Intel Macs?:

PS Prophile, I like your avatar – from TMST Animation/Lemon Demon music 'I've got some falling to do', right?

That's the one, the Andrew Kepple animation. The Angel of Death.

I also support a Universal version. I used to play the demo a while back (when I didn't have any money and couldn't buy it) and I checked it out again to see how well it would run. To my chagrin, it ran slow even at the lowest graphical settings (this is with my brand-new MacBook Pro).

So yeah, I WILL buy this game if (when?) it goes Intel

I'd even buy Uplink again. I used to have it on my old Powerbook, and I've been hanging onto it because it handed gaming better then my new Macbook. I need to free up the cash so I'm selling my Powerbook, but I can't play Uplink under Rosetta. It would ruin one of the most addictive games on the mac platform.

@dmullaney, on Dec 19 2006, 05:32 PM, said in Uplink for Intel Macs?:

I'd even buy Uplink again. I used to have it on my old Powerbook, and I've been hanging onto it because it handed gaming better then my new Macbook. I need to free up the cash so I'm selling my Powerbook, but I can't play Uplink under Rosetta. It would ruin one of the most addictive games on the mac platform.

Well, if you felt up to it, you could install Windows on you new MacBook, and run the Windows version of Uplink. You would probably have to pay for it again, though.

xander

Download the datafiles for the Mac version then grab the Linux binary from the IV site. If you dual-boot your Mac into Linux you can play that way.

You didn't hear that tip from me, though. 😉

@prophile, on Dec 20 2006, 06:17 AM, said in Uplink for Intel Macs?:

Download the datafiles for the Mac version then grab the Linux binary from the IV site. If you dual-boot your Mac into Linux you can play that way.

You didn't hear that tip from me, though. 😉

I like that idea much better than the Windows one.