you know you've been playing too much Uplink when...

nfreader, on Dec 8 2004, 03:31 PM, said:

BAM! and it dosn't count as gravedigging. This is a story topic.
View Post

Really, even though he gravedug after more than 4 months of inactivity?

mrxak, on Dec 12 2004, 02:11 AM, said:

A (/flame) tag does not give you immunity from the rules. Warning increased.
View Post

Be reasonable, mrxak. There've been much worse flames, I was just telling a newbie not to gravedig.

What is this flame? What does the tag do?

The tag does nothing, he was using it to mark that his flaming was over.
Flaming is...um...basically insulting someone without good reason. Um...
http://www.urbandict...?term=flame&r=f

Oh okay.

In that case, if Vast had just got mad at him about gravdigging, then that would have been fine.
But of course he had to go off on his whole flame thing...

Agent_Vast, on Dec 12 2004, 02:10 PM, said:

Be reasonable, mrxak. There've been much worse flames, I was just telling a newbie not to gravedig.
View Post

It is for me to decide if something is grave-digging and whether or not that is acceptable. Please do not take it upon yourself to inform newbies of such "rules" if you cannot be polite about it.

Personally, I see no problem with grave-digging anyway. I'd rather there be one massive topic on bank hacking that people keep grave-digging than 20 new ones each month. Or one long topic about "you've been playing too much when..." than new ones whenever somebody comes along with something to add.

And if you do really think that grave-digging is a problem, then do me a favor and just let it alone. If something is useless enough to warrant any action on my part, I'll just delete the new posts. Don't add to my work in such a case. Click the little "report post to mod" button.

And if you have nothing nice to say, keep it to yourself next time, okay?

132. You get caught just to find out how insanly huge your score is, only to find out it doesn't fit on the screen.
133. You've hacked the Uplink Bank.

Teyvareb, on Jan 8 2004, 04:58 PM, said:

100 (!) ...you buy a brand new 15" G4 Powerbook, not because it's cool, or fast, or better than any of your friend's laptops, but so you don't have to pause Uplink when you need to go to the bathroom.

------------------
View Post

The proud and soon-to-be owner of a 15" widescreen G4 laughs out loud, then realizes how true it is 🙂

As a proud owner of a 15" G4 PowerBook, I wish to congratulate you on your new computer, and tell you about http://www.kernelthr...m/software/ams/ (so you can impress all the new friends you'll instantly make as soon as you start using it in public).

Werd.

134. You being examined for jury duty, and suddenly "crack" under the strain, and begin "confessing to hacking countless severs, which happen to not exist...

135. You get yourself arreseted (via Global Criminal Database) hoping you get caught just to blow up a virtual cyber-police squad, only to find out that it doesn't work.*
136. You've put every Uplink agent into jail.*
137. You can do every mission in under a minute

• Done

138. You tell 'Burger' Bill Heineman (President of Contraband Entertainment when Contraband was doing the ports of Uplink and EVN) that if he doesn't hurry up and post the next chapter of his latest Sailor Ranko fanfic, you'll atempt to make Uplink into a Real-Life hacking tool and use it on him...

139. You have fun completing missions with... one hand

140. ...blindfolded

141. ...whilst doing yoga

142. ...while eating several pizzas

143. Uplink's soundtrack is the only thing on your iPod

144. You actually go to the game's randomly generated IPs in the Real World

145. You hack said IPs

(EDIT) Please excuse the gravedigging... I'm really not a bad person at heart... really...

This post has been edited by Terminator : 22 April 2005 - 10:47 AM