LAN help

need help with ARC infilration mission

I'm at the ARC infiltration mission and i've hacked through pretty much all of the lan but i've reached the main server and whenever i connect the sys. administrator logs on and logs me off before i have time to copy the files i need. Can anyone help me with this? Is there a way to connect to the main server w/o the administrator noticing.

Well, if you really have to hack the administrator account then you just have to get lightning fast at it. Otherwise, try the readwrite account instead and the admin porbably wont notice you.

You know, in the box put

user: readwrite
password: and run the breaker

I did not know that..... 😞 Thats an additional Info. thnks alot

i'm up to the mission from arunmor where you hack into the ARC LAN but nothing does anything, i've got top vers of all of the progs but nothing does anything

please help 😞

Did you try using the readwrite account?

You know...

user: readwrite
password: run password breaker here

Otherwise just get faster and faster doing it. Practice makes perfect. The above will probably help a lot more though. :laugh:

Kryten, on Nov 2 2004, 03:28 AM, said:

i'm up to the mission from arunmor where you hack into the ARC LAN but nothing does anything, i've got top vers of all of the progs but nothing does anything

please help 😞

see where it says "LAN"
i can't do anything on the LAN
😞
it's not a normal system

I havent registered cant help that much...

But I know its not a regular system!

you cant not use the
"readwrite" password.. i dont know what os you use... but in windows version you can not use the readwrite password on Lan. It is use only in the Social Security, Academic Database and Global Criminal Database. Sorry for my english... it is very hard to crack the Lan...... 😞

you need a hud connection then the hud lan view.... to veiw the lan.... it is hard to access you'll need a level 5 monitor and level 5 proxy by pass and the voice analyser.....

I've got every LAN thing, Scan, probe, spoof, force, but nothing i do lets me connect to anything on the LAN.

Screw around with it for awhile. I got it and started passing through the LAN, but I never got into anything 'cause I was too inexperienced.

When you log into a computer in the LAN it should give the regular password prompt or other defense systems. This is where you would use readwrite, as the admin wouldnt notice.

Kemorya, on Nov 6 2004, 10:46 AM, said:

Screw around with it for awhile. I got it and started passing through the LAN, but I never got into anything 'cause I was too inexperienced.

When you log into a computer in the LAN it should give the regular password prompt or other defense systems. This is where you would use readwrite, as the admin wouldnt notice.
View Post

But I can't get to any of the computers, there are about 5 locks and I can't connect to anything. 😞

Kryten, on Nov 8 2004, 02:02 AM, said:

But I can't get to any of the computers, there are about 5 locks and I can't connect to anything. 😞
View Post

I think I'm having the same problem, although with the ARC mission to destroy the aurumnor LAN mainframe, tinyhammer I think it's called. Anyway, I log onto the LAN, open LANview, run LANscan and I can see hubs, workstations, locks, etc but there are no connections, anywhere! Everything is isolated, including me on the remote access port.

I figure there are several possible answers here, the most likely being a bug in the game itself. Unfortunately my systemlogs don't show anything, and other LAN networks are fine. This leads me to believe that it is an in-game puzzle, althought I can't seem to find a solution. Perhaps it is a wireless network and I need the frequency, or perhaps I need to connect to a modem. However, the Aurumnor public access, internal service machine and central mainframe all contain no information about either of these and in the LAN I can't even connect to the first hub to move around.

So, just like Kryten, I'm stuck. I'm not asking for a solution to this problem so much as an answer to whether this is an in-game feature or an error. Can anyone help?

- DystopianYuri

Thats why you should hack LANs to train first, and make sure that you can blow your comp up if you get busted. 🙂