Any Bugs, Post Em here.

Originally posted by KJK150:
I know I've asked this before and you're all probably sick and tired of hearing it, but can someone please tell me a sure-fire way to frame people.

The trick is to only have 3 or 4 bounces, including InterNIC. Which can get hairy if you've got to do some actual damage...

'glove

------------------
Compilers - the ultimate god games.
(edit) I wish there was a preview feature on this board. (/edit)

Well thank you for that info but, what will happen to me when ARC says my "betrayal" will not go unpunished?
Im going insane. no one has answered me yet will I have to start over?
Will I be fine? will I have a criminal record or a bounty on me? WHAT?
someone answer me properly: After ARC gave me the Revelation mission and uplink wanted the copy of revelation, what will happen to me when ARC says that my "betrayal" will not go unpunished?

Originally posted by Hacker_999Omega:
what will happen to me when ARC says my "betrayal" will not go unpunished?

Nothing. Yet. It's all part of the storyline, just wait and see what happens...

'glove

------------------

BUGS:

C:>#1=I have four "faith progress" thingies on the uplink internal...
C:>#2=NOT REGISTERED :frown: :frown:
😉

QUESTIONS:

C:>#1=How in the world do you hack LANs and steal stuff from them without being caught?
C:>#2=Do I need to be registered to do this? (its an ARC mission (#2))

ANSWERS:

RH:>Revelation is coming!! 😄

------------------
So I says to young William, there were so many arrows up there you could't barely see the sun, but at least we were fighting in the shade.

Originally posted by Jericon:
**This is a known issue, and according to Chris Jacobson, the programmer who converted Uplink from the PC:

"This is a limitation of the sound and music engine."

With how it is programmed now, it would require a lot of work to make it function as you are describing, and probably won't happen anytime soon.

-J

Would it not be possible to just supply us with a "blank" music.dat file? Like, you know, instead of the funky techno MOD set or whatever it is, just replace the actual audio data with silence, like change all the songs to be 30 second "silence" music files and offer that for download from the add-on files page? I'd do it myself but much as I know about editing audio I don't think I have the technical knowledge to modify a .dat file with a bunch of embedded proprietary MOD-like music files in it.

Originally posted by Spiffydude:
Would it not be possible (...)

There has actually already been one such attempt, and it was uploaded to the addons page. It didn't work very well, though, because the files weren't in the correct format - for a lot of people the all the sound just went quiet.

The .dat files are actually just zip archives (without compression). So editing their contents is just a matter of dropping them on stuffit expander, edit the files, dropping the edited files on dropzip and changing the file extension.

'glove

------------------

Originally posted by KJK150:
I know I've asked this before and you're all probably sick and tired of hearing it, but can someone please tell me a sure-fire way to frame people. I go in, change the logs to the target's IP, wait for two days, three, four, but he's never arrested. I wouldn't make a big deal about this except that these are the only missions on the Mission List, and I want to make it to the next Ranking.

There may be a better way, but this always works for me.
Use a number of bounces to any high-tech internal service system. Break in, and disconnect immediately. Go to INTERNIC (your first bounce). Delete your authorized Admin access, then modify the "routed to" log by changing the first number, which was yours, to the target's number. Good luck.

------------------

For some reason i have the feeling that alot of you are just having problems playing the game that are not related to bugs:
(url="http://"http://guide.modlink.net/index.php")http://guide.modlink.net/index.php(/url)

------------------
CřmPuter_MaN-Hacks-
the_Uplink.._)0fjkIneter(Wa
rning:! Error with Server)
Conection Terminated By

Ok, its the middle of december and i am a grade 4 uplink agent and the last Arunmor mission has not showed up yet, please help beacaUS i am getting very po'd :mad: :mad: :mad:

------------------
CřmPuter_MaN-Hacks-
the_Uplink.._)0fjkIneter(Wa
rning:! Error with Server)
Conection Terminated By

when I'm doing the storyline mission for Arunmor, to stop the outbreak of revelation, most of the flashing red squares on the map, do not line up with any servers, and i can't connect to them, also, when i zoom in on the map, the red squares move all around, and do not stay in the same place relevant to the map. This is making it impossible for me to finish the mission.

Originally posted by juggy82:
when I'm doing the storyline mission for Arunmor, to stop the outbreak of revelation, most of the flashing red squares on the map, do not line up with any servers, and i can't connect to them, also, when i zoom in on the map, the red squares move all around, and do not stay in the same place relevant to the map. This is making it impossible for me to finish the mission.

This happens to everyone, it is a combination of a bug (misplaced red squares on zoomed map) and a gameplay problem (have to have the computer on the map to connect to it, no way to find the computer except by guessing). I don't believe any bugs in this game will ever be fixed now they have our money, but I live in hope.

<SPOILER ALERT>
but it's not like it's much fun - just be spoiled and enjoy it. 😉

To beat this mission, add all of the internal services machines in InterNIC to your map - enjoy the massive slowdown courtesy of the mac port. Some will not be IS machines, but rather Mainframes & LANs, but you can get through without dealing with them. Every time a red square appears on a box on the map, route, connect, hack, upload & run faith (as many times as needed), repeat for each box.

Faith will propagate just like Revelation, so you don't need to do every infected computer. I did 3 from 6 on the last iteration of Revelation, and the next iteration wiped Revelation off the map so I won.

Originally posted by B!nej:
Seems to me that the only mice that work in OS 9 are the generic Apple mice. Can anyone tell if a Logitech or Kensington, or some other mouse brand works as well? It's not down to another issue causing the mouse to stop working, since getting out the old one-button fixes the problem.

Yes that mouse thing bug in OS9 is annoying. I use a Wacom Graphire and the click does not work, too. in OSX all works fine.

------------------
The net is vast and infintit- so where do the newborns go from here?

I know this topic isn't bug related but,

TO CONTINUE THE SPOILER: Towards the end of the game I hack into but, don't enter, all of the Internal Service machines (in intervals) so that I won't have to waste time hacking when the virus hits. I may be pushing it, but I usually hack about 5 in a row and then delete the logs at INTERNIC all at once. Before the outbreak, set up your map so that all of the Internal Service machines and banks are showing. Save a route using the banks only. The map will be crowded but, you'll always be able to locate a virus.

------------------

(This message has been edited by suydam (edited 06-16-2003).)

I think I hava a bug.

I've hacked a bank and my Uplink rating went up to 7. After that I can't click the send button for missions I completed when I want to reply. Missions I haven't completed I can reply to

------------------

Originally posted by CaptainBignose:
Had these problems in the demo and have them now in the shareware version:
OS X (10.2.6)
When I click on the "map" screen, the game freezes irrevocably, and, in fact, forces me to hard reboot.
Game starts out fine, but the application begins running slower and slower until it's so sluggish it's unplayable.
G4 400 MHz, 256 MB RAM, ATI Rage 128 Graphics card.

Same Problem on a G4 450, 832 MB RAM, same graphics card. tried on OS X.2.2 and X.2.6

This is one of only a small handfull of programs that I was forced to hard reboot out of in os X!

This seems like a pretty cool game but after looking at all the bugs posted here I definetly wont shell out any cash on this. Did the programers who ported this do ANY testing? I can't believe that this was released this way. I would be ashamed If I were on that job. To bad there wasn't a lemon law for software.

I've got something that looks like a bug.
My motion sensor is constantly showing red, it's been doing this for the last two months game time, I have not my gateway has not been siezed, there is no one installing any hardware in my gateway, or anything like that.
A little help please?!

Originally posted by Hugh:
I've got something that looks like a bug.
My motion sensor is constantly showing red, it's been doing this for the last two months game time, I have not my gateway has not been siezed, there is no one installing any hardware in my gateway, or anything like that.
A little help please?!

Sometimes you can jam it on red... I think it happens when you mess around with it too much.

------------------
Trust is a weakness.

Mabey, but I haven't really messed around with it. This happened about half a month game time after I first bought it.

------------------
Hugh signing out.

Mmmm, strange...

What if you delete your motion sensor en buy it again?

------------------

I have a real bug here, one that hasn't been reported yet (I just went through eveyr post in this thread), and did a search as well.

My user file is nearing the release of Revelation (or so the news reports), and I am ready for it. Revelation is at version 2.0 (I did missions MaidenFlight and Darwin) and Faith is at 6.0 (I did BackFire and didn't get credit, Tracer, TakeMeToYourLeader, and ARCInfiltration). I've done Wargames and Mole as well (which resulted in a nuke, since Uplink ISS got in its pissy mood where whenever you connect, even if you aren't getting seized, it starts an active trace. That's not my bug, though.)

It's in the middle of may, and whenever I use either fast forward mechanism at a time past 21:05, the game quits out. I can submit my user file if you'd like. I think it has something to do with revelation's release, but who knows. It's really, really pissing me off because all i want is to get Arunmor's last mission (through the Mission Server, I hope) and finish off ARC.

------------------

(edited by mrxak: There are younger members on these forums. Please do not post that URL.)

(This message has been edited by mrxak (edited 06-19-2003).)