Where do I download/buy Coldstone?

Sounds about right.

Regardless, in my case, there is no way for me to run OS 9 or Classic (they are technically not quite the same, according to Apple), short of buying either an OS 9 disc (and installing it on a second disc/partition) or buying an older version of OS X.

So........ what are the problems with Windows ports? I'd really like to find out... 🙂 My "search fu" failed to find any mention of actual bugs in this process...

@thumbprint, on Apr 7 2006, 01:01 AM, said in Where do I download/buy Coldstone?:

Sounds about right.

Regardless, in my case, there is no way for me to run OS 9 or Classic (they are technically not quite the same, according to Apple), short of buying either an OS 9 disc (and installing it on a second disc/partition) or buying an older version of OS X.

So........ what are the problems with Windows ports? I'd really like to find out... 🙂 My "search fu" failed to find any mention of actual bugs in this process...

When you bought the computer you should have got a disk with something like install disk 2 or software restore. That has an installer for classic, it will work with tiger no matter what version of X it came with. If you don't have that (by some strange circumstance) you probably have an old system 9 disk around somewhere, you can use that to install it too.

@kryten, on Apr 9 2006, 10:51 AM, said in Where do I download/buy Coldstone?:

When you bought the computer you should have got a disk with something like install disk 2 or software restore. That has an installer for classic, it will work with tiger no matter what version of X it came with. If you don't have that (by some strange circumstance) you probably have an old system 9 disk around somewhere, you can use that to install it too.

I've got none of the above. I didn't buy the computer... it was given to me "as is" by my work. The discs are long gone.

Bottom line is that there is no OS 9 or Classic for my computer, unless I go out and buy an OS disc. Which I'm not going to do, mainly because I honestly have no intention of making an OS 9 game. It's gonna be OS X... and I'll hopefully port it to WinXP... and MAYBE OS 9 at a later time. Hopfully, Coldstone will get fixed up... but if not, I'll (sadly) have to get a different engine 😞

@thumbprint, on Apr 10 2006, 07:23 AM, said in Where do I download/buy Coldstone?:

I've got none of the above. I didn't buy the computer... it was given to me "as is" by my work. The discs are long gone.

Bottom line is that there is no OS 9 or Classic for my computer, unless I go out and buy an OS disc. Which I'm not going to do, mainly because I honestly have no intention of making an OS 9 game. It's gonna be OS X... and I'll hopefully port it to WinXP... and MAYBE OS 9 at a later time. Hopfully, Coldstone will get fixed up... but if not, I'll (sadly) have to get a different engine 😞

Well that sucks, there are lots of awesome stuff that only runs in classic, especially games 😛 .