GTW 40

I'm on vacation with limited Internet access, so apologies for that. That said, this game is pretty much figured out, so I don't think my argumentation is much needed. I am basically in agreement with everything mrxak has written in the past day or so. As I've been saying, retep is guilty and I will vote down his proposal...

I don't have WiFi at my apartment so Internet access will be less frequent for me, but I'll still check your votes and PMs and such every day. retep, come up with a list you nutter.

To quote retep998 from IRC earlier today:

retep998: too lazy
retep998: and holding the game hostage for my own pleasure

So... yeah...

I have Wi-Fi and Ethernet in my apartment, but I also have classes! Joy.

Mack accepts preemptive votes—note my preemptive vote against SIB's to-come proposal earlier. Perhaps if we can get four votes against retep, Mack will just skip it...

In the interests of moving things along, I've submitted a rejection vote on retep998's nonexistent proposal, immediately to be withdrawn should retep998 make an actual proposal, just so I can at least look at it. But if he makes no proposal, and three of you also preemptively reject or conditionally reject on his lack of proposal, it's my hope that Mackilroy will have enough cover at that point to move to the third proposal without anyone crying foul later. We'll lose out on some information from retep998's proposal and the votes on it, but we really gotta move things along here.

Agreed mrxak. If retep just going to hold the game hostage, then I'm just going to send mack a rejection vote. I don't have the time to wait now that school will be starting for me tomorrow and that will eat away at my free time. If retep eventually puts a proposal up, I'll see if it warrants a vote change or not. Let's get that last win for the innocents.

I move that we change the current speaker from retep998 to myself. This is purely in the interests of advancing this game along so I don't have to worry about it while I'm taking college classes. All in favor, say aye. All opposed, say nay.

(Aye.)

Fine.
Because everyone is so convinced, I'll choose darth_vader as one of the traitors.
And as for the other traitor, I'll choose mrxak because he was the one who came up with the failing proposal.
Thus my proposal is...

retep998
Techerakh
JacaByte
Crow. T. Robot
croc

Do what you want with it.

Obviously I'll be rejecting this one.

Time for our daily dose of probability.
Judging by the hard facts, we have a 1/9 chance of getting a success on this final mission.
Judging by the opinions of the majority, we have a 0% chance of success.
Oh well.

@retep998, on 19 August 2012 - 09:06 PM, said in GTW 40:

retep998
Techerakh
JacaByte
Crow. T. Robot
croc

TERRIBLE

I'm quite certain this one will be rejected. The question becomes how much will SoItBegins (and darth_vader) try to screw with us making us think this was really a good proposal by rejecting it. Best thing to do now is just ignore their votes, since they can tell just as easily as we can when there's a majority vote against them. They'll try to vote like innocents, in order to make innocents vote like bad guys. We outnumber them, remember, and if we stay unified, they have no chance of affecting the outcome. Or, they might try to screw with us the other way by approving it. See above about the expression game. Only way to win is not to play. Best to just ignore them completely, and make sure we get this right ourselves, all five of us.

Remember, they can win just as easily by rejecting five proposals in a row. They don't have to vote in favor of a bad mission, they just have to trick all of us into doing so.

There are at least two traitors on retep998's proposal as well.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 19 August 2012 - 11:11 PM

@jacabyte, on 19 August 2012 - 11:11 PM, said in GTW 40:

There are at least two traitors on retep998's proposal as well.

Tell us, then. Who? Who?

If there are two traitors on that proposal, the second one is Jaca. Personally I think retep is the only traitor on this proposal. Voting no, of course

I have seven votes currently. Hope the last man will vote quickly, otherwise you'll probably be waiting until tomorrow for me to post.

@techerakh, on 20 August 2012 - 08:46 AM, said in GTW 40:

If there are two traitors on that proposal, the second one is Jaca. Personally I think retep is the only traitor on this proposal. Voting no, of course

Or the second one is you , which I assume is what he's saying. But yeah, two being on this mission does not make a lot of sense, unless there were three sleeper agents on the third mission and some really ballsy/dumb voting has been going on. It should just be one sleeper agent, which is still enough.

(Looks at the time he posted; 10:11 PM. Hmm, this might be it.)

So apparently at 10 at night Techerakh becomes a traitor. He's a were-traitor!

What.