GTW 40

It's actually making me feel pretty good, watching you put the screws to JacaByte. Now JacaByte gets the same treatment I did from you, and he's probably just as innocent as me. Since JacaByte tends to hold onto grudges long-term, I imagine this will have delightful consequences in future games.

Anyway, let's hurry this up and get it over with. The sooner the bad guys fail this or we get a better proposal, the sooner we actually accomplish something.

You know what happened the last time I tried to apply logic to the outcomes of these missions and nobody listened to me? We lost.

If you guys keep at this much longer I'll have to put on a suit and this time I won't be eating normal popcorn, I'll be eating BACON POPCORN.

@retep998, on 10 August 2012 - 11:11 PM, said in GTW 40:

If you guys keep at this much longer I'll have to put on a suit and this time I won't be eating normal popcorn, I'll be eating BACON POPCORN.

(1) Does that actually exist, and (2) where can I get some?

@soitbegins, on 11 August 2012 - 06:16 AM, said in GTW 40:

(1) Does that actually exist, and (2) where can I get some?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/cf26/

@mrxak, on 10 August 2012 - 09:51 PM, said in GTW 40:

Now JacaByte gets the same treatment I did from you, and he's probably just as innocent as me.

(emphasis mine)

You know, that had occurred to me.

I put that in there just for you, Techy :wub:.

Who the fuck hasn't voted yet?

Waiting on one more vote. I've PMed him.

darth, presumably

Sorry guys, I've been driving all day and wasn't able to check this topic. I've missed the cutoff though. 😕

Mission #4 Subcommittee by croc
croc
Crow T. Robot
mrxak
retep998
Techerakh

Reject
mrxak -- 11:29
retep998 -- 12:57
JacaByte -- 13:11

SoItBegins -- 12:43
darth_vader -- 23:06

Approve
croc -- 10:18
Crow T. Robot -- 10:21
Techerakh -- 16:24

Result:
Five rejections, three approvals. The motion fails.

The committee proposal consisting of croc, Crow T. Robot, mrxak, retep998, and Techerakh has been rejected. Crow T. Robot is the new speaker, and may choose another five players to form the committee. After five committee rejections, the terrorists win.

I'll state the obvious. Either croc, Crow T. Robot, and Techerakh are the bad guys, or three who voted against this one are. Or a bad guy has some serious cojones and split, hoping to avoid such an obvious grouping (which would leave one good guy on the approve team), when the outcome of the next match turned out badly.

Anyway, certainly very interesting the way this came down, and who ended up on each side.

I want to wait and see what Crow does before making any immediate decisions about this round of voting, though I suspect at least one of the people who rejected the proposal is innocent, and at least one of the people who approved it is a traitor. Note that all three approve votes were from people who were currently on the proposal. If all three were traitors, we shouldn't have been able to get two fail votes on the third mission unless one of the innocents failed the mission as well. (Absolutely impossible. If somebody did this we should ban them from ever playing this game type ever again.)

Which is why somebody has some serious cojones.

Or, they predicted there'd only be four approval votes, which is not enough, and made the rational choice. We'll have to look at vote declarations and figure things out.

So, just to remind everyone, our goal is to select a team comprising everyone who was NOT on the last mission and a single person who was. The last mission had 4 people, of which we know two must be traitors. Therefore the single person we need to choose from that mission has a 50% chance of being innocent. Now, suppose there were actually three traitors on the last mission, and one selected not to vote fail, then we're basically guaranteed to win, however this is quite unlikely. So basically, we need to pick the most innocent out of these four people:
darth_vader
JacaByte
Techerakh
SoItBegins

Feel free to offer proposals for how we should select the most innocent member. I'd prefer something akin to the hunger games.

Personally, I'm a bit intrigued by darth_vader's vote. I really was expecting him to approve of the last mission.

Okay, here is the proposal I would like to submit.

Crow T. Robot
mrxak
JacaByte
croc
retep998

Swapped out Techerakh for JacaByte. Let see what you folks think.

Are you actually submitting, or would you merely like to?

Yes, this is the proposal I am putting forward for voting.

Edit: 1234 post!!! :hector_bird:

This post has been edited by Crow T. Robot : 12 August 2012 - 07:55 AM

I kind of like this proposal, except I think Crow is a traitor. But I also think he's the only traitor on this proposal.

Huh. I'll be putting in my vote later than usual this time around.