Eugene Chin
Gutless Wonder
JacaByte
jrsh92
kickme
lobf
Mackilroy
Templar98921

Rules are simple. There are two rogue members and one intelligence agent. The intelligence agent is not allowed to PM anyone except me, once a round, asking for an investigation. Evil dictators may PM each other to discuss strategy, and will PM me once per round to let me know their target for annihilation.

_"Hello everyone, and welcome to the 33rd Annual Wargames, here at the Proliferation Prevention Pact," mrxak said, taking the podium. All 8 members of the PPP General Council were arranged at the C-shaped table facing him, the Grand Poobah. His large fluffy hat was especially garish this afternoon. "As usual, two of you have been selected by me and me alone to take the role of the rogues, members of this very council who are supplying terrorists with nuclear weapons. We are using Scenario B for this exercise, with a third of you selected as intelligence agent. Each round will last 2 days, and each round we will vote off one member of the council. Additionally the intelligence agent will investigate one of you, and the rogue members will secretly eliminate one of you as well. Eliminated council members will be put under house arrest in their quarters, so as to prevent interference in the remainder of the game. Should you eliminate one of the rogues or the intelligence agent, I will inform you of this fact. If the rogue members eliminate the intelligence agent, I will not reveal his role.

"Please debate your choices, gentlemen, and record your votes in a timely fashion. We will recess at various times throughout the rounds in order for secret meetings to occur between the two rogue members, and for both the rogue members and the intelligence agent to meet with me as well. Thank you, and good luck. The first round begins... now."_

You have 47.5 hours to vote. Rogue members and the intelligence agent, please PM me your choice prior to the conclusion of a round. If you do not, you will not have an action. Rounds will always begin and end at noon EST.

So if the rogue members eliminate the IA, then the council will not be informed of this fact? Interesting, it encourages the IA to spill the beans if he's in danger of being eliminated.

However, I disapprove of the fact that we have a table facting the Grand Poobah. It sounds too much like Grand PooBear, which as most of you know, is a reference to a childish cartoon character, and should not be allowed in such a serious situation as this.

(even if it's only a simulation...)

I shall hereby vote for the first person who voted but did not make a vote. Henceforth: rescinded (JacaByte)

This post has been edited by GutlessWonder : 31 December 2008 - 11:02 PM

Some new people and lots of older ones...

Been a while since I've played, so I'll watch for a while and then probably make a vote this evening or tomorrow.

@gutlesswonder, on Dec 31 2008, 04:42 PM, said in GTW Game 33:

I shall hereby vote for the first person who voted but did not make a vote. Henceforth: JacaByte

Either he voted or he didn't vote. Stop trying to mislead us by confusing the council.

For the record; I didn't vote. His impetuousness alone is enough to cast a real vote for him, but I shall refrain from doing so until the matter about the PooBag is settled.

According to google-fight, Grand Poobah totally kicks Grand Poobear's ass. It's an old Gilbert and Sullivan reference anyway. Also a SimCity 2000 reference.

For which you have my eternal respect.

All-in-all, I quite like the way you've set out the role-revelations for this match. I agree with Jacabyte, although I'm not sure that it'd give you some immunity from destruction in that round.

As for voting, I'm going to ape Mackilroy, and vote later.

EDIT: Oh, and what's with the lack of white text story? I know you lost the notes, but no revival?

This post has been edited by Templar98921 : 31 December 2008 - 10:46 PM

Bah, it was a mis-type. I meant to write "posted" instead of "voted". I'll retract the vote, both for the error and in the spirit of the new year.

We're about 18 hours in, and there's no votes up. (discounting Gutless's recanted vote)

kickme, jrsh92 and lobf are the only ones who haven't shown up yet.
Since kickme has a history of this, and lobf is new, so I'm going to ask jrsh92 to show himself.

And since I can't tell the bold text from the regular in this new forum style:
Vote: jrsh92 Retracted

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 02 January 2009 - 03:48 AM

Yeah, that's good, please post your votes in red.

This game's story is completely unrelated to any other stories.

Hmm, I'm a bit reluctant to bandwagon against jrsh92 with Eugene Chin because it'll bring hot water down on both of us if my action is interpreted incorrectly, and I don't see anybody else who'd make a good target, so I'll wait a bit and see if somebody slips. We have until tomorrow to finish voting, right mrxak?

Eugene Chin in self-defense. Sorry for being late, and sorry for the vote with little motivation, but it's all that makes sense to me at the moment. I'll retract if anyone shows themselves as a more deserving candidate.

This is my first session, so I'll vote for jrsh92 because he used to have a silly name.

Utterly random vote for GutlessWonder why I try to figure out who's really evil. Gutless, nothing personal, give me a good reason and I'll drop it quick as a flash.

Spoiler

Mackilroy

, for casting a random vote, for which we have a strict "No Random Voting" policy against, remember?

@Lobf: Bold your vote and color it red, please.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 02 January 2009 - 11:53 AM

JacaByte for being uptight about rules most people are likely to have forgotten.

Whoa, I'm posting in the first round.

RetractedMackilroy, I'll see your pointless vote, and raise you a self-defense!

This post has been edited by GutlessWonder : 02 January 2009 - 08:51 AM

@jacabyte, on Jan 1 2009, 07:48 PM, said in GTW Game 33:

Mackilroy , for casting a random vote, for which we have a strict "No Random Voting" policy against, remember?

@Lobf: Bold your vote and color it red, please.

We do?

10.5 hours left to vote. Rogues and IA, please PM me before then.