GTW Round 19

@buffalo-the-kid, on Feb 22 2008, 02:29 AM, said in GTW Round 19:

I just reread mrxak's IA story, and it just doesn't work...
I know that an IA is very important to the game, so they would definitely make sure that they aren't about to tell a terrorist that they are an IA. I also know that mrxak would be too smart to believe someone that told someone they were an IA before they had a chance to investigate them. So, either the IA is new, and I don't think anyone here is new, or mrxak is lying for some reason... Also, why would mrxak make such an obvious lie? He's too experienced to just slip up...

You clearly didn't read it too carefully. I said I didn't believe the person, and requested that any IAs out there investigate me and tell me what my role is before I trust them. Somewhat surprisingly, it turned out that they were legit, and a second IA also took me up on the offer and verified their role as well.

Now, why did the person trust me to begin with last round? I don't know, I guess they took a gamble. It actually probably makes sense. The odds that I was a terrorist out of the 19 total players is relatively low, and I guess the person felt I was innocent.

Whether you believe my story is rather irrelevant anyway. After I told it, do you really think the IAs wouldn't have investigated me? If they did, and I was guilty, don't you think there'd be more votes against me right now?

I doubt mrxak is evil. If he was why would he mention being it contact with an IA? Just kill the guy and noone's the wiser. There's no such thing as good insane so nfreader gets my vote

Warning, warning, warning! This round ends in ~12 hours and there are a disturbing number of you who have yet to vote or PM me (if your role requires PMing me).

@hypochondriac, on Feb 22 2008, 02:46 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

I doubt mrxak is evil. If he was why would he mention being it contact with an IA? Just kill the guy and noone's the wiser. There's no such thing as good insane so nfreader gets my vote

I agree. It's never been proved that insanity, good or not, supports the innocents.

Vote: nfreader

@manta, on Feb 22 2008, 02:58 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

Warning, warning, warning! This round ends in ~12 hours and there are a disturbing number of you who have yet to vote or PM me (if your role requires PMing me).

Take it easy, you're supposed to give a good example for the rest of us.

nfreader 's insanity is dangerous.

This is the most bandwaggony game I have ever played. Can't you guys try to think over your votes more?

Prophile has been very quiet. I want to draw out some of the lurkers.

Unfortunately I've been overly busy of late and having to deal with icy roads in addition to my job is cutting into the time I should be spending on analyzing this topic. To that end, while I'll try to get a vote in tonight, until I can give it the consideration it deserves I shall be abstaining.

@darth_vader, on Feb 22 2008, 05:17 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

This is the most bandwaggony game I have ever played. Can't you guys try to think over your votes more?

Prophile has been very quiet. I want to draw out some of the lurkers.

Prophile's about. In self defence I vote darth_vader.

Ever since Rickton uttered the word 'insane,' that's the only thing anybody voting for nfreader has given as reason.

And the Rogues could easily hide in the crowd by simply echoing this, and voting nfreader.

I'm going to say Mackilroy. He's the latest voice to echo this refrain (And he's actually said nothing else about it).

I considered voting for someone else, but I had no idea who, so I jumped on. If you give me a good reason to vote for anyone else, I'll gladly change my vote.

@mackilroy, on Feb 22 2008, 02:37 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

I considered voting for someone else, but I had no idea who, so I jumped on. If you give me a good reason to vote for anyone else, I'll gladly change my vote.

"I don't want to die?"

Not that it matters. You won't be able to vote again after this round.

@darth_vader, on Feb 22 2008, 06:17 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

Dude, we can, but with so many players still left, it's hard to pick someone out who's really looking like a terrorist.

Isn't the round over now?

In an hour ( 49 min. now) because we are running on Central time.

Stupid time zones. How about an update on the votes then. Who's "winning"

I hereby affirm that this voting record for Round 2 of Game 19 is accurate as of the time of this posting.

FluffyWithTeeth - nfreader
Hypochondriac - nfreader
RJC Ultra - nfreader
Mackilroy - nfreader

mrxak - JacaByte

JacaByte - mrxak

darth_vader - prophile

prophile - darth_vader

nfreader - Rickton

Eugene Chin - Mackilroy

Leading Vote: nfreader (4)
Votes Cast: (10)

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 22 February 2008 - 08:26 PM

prophile:1
darth_vader

Mackilroy:1
Eugene Chin

nfreader:4
FluffywithTeeth
Hypochondriac
Mackilroy
RJC Ultra

Rickton:1
nfreader

Jacabyte:1
mrxak

darth_vader:1
prophile

mrxak:1
JacaByte

abstaining:1
Gutless Wonder

No vote:6
Buffalo the Kid
1Eevee1
egroeg
kickme
Rickton
Shlimazel

Vote break down as of right now. Round ends in ~ 37 min.

Voting in Round 2 is now over, please hold while I prepare the post.

Well, nfreader, it seems that you have made some enemies. Gentlemen, nukes are on their way to nfreader's country, but we have already f- * nfreader's bodyguard bursts through the door and shoots Mackilroy in the back of the head* -ound, killed, and cremated nfreader. It seems that he was overly rich and very paranoid, enough to take out a hit on Mackilroy upon his death.

Please hold for a few seconds while a couple of my guards raid Mackilroy's office. Ah, yes there they are now. Mackilroy was an innocent who had no special role other than his ambassador vote a turn.

mrxak, you might want to know that the terrorists seem to have taken a dislike to you, but at the same time you also have a guardian angel looking out for you. On their way from Mackilroy's office my guards found this deactivated bomb outside your office door. I also received a report that nuclear missiles were on their way to your country when they suddenly fell out of the sky, landing harmlessly in the ocean.

Good luck all of you in round 3, it ends at 8:00 p.m. central on Sunday.
List of alive players
Buffalo the Kid
darth_vader
1Eevee1
egroeg
Eugene Chin
FluffywithTeeth
Gutlesswonder
Hypochondriac
Jacabyte
kickme
mrxak
prophile
Rickton
RJC Ultra
Shlimazel

I noticed the dead are being creamated. So looks like there no Necromancer. The terrorists tried to kill mrxak, guess that proves he's innocent

This post has been edited by Hypochondriac : 22 February 2008 - 09:29 PM