GTW Round 19

Enjoy killing each other.

Greetings gentlemen. It seems that I've been forced to call you all here because some of you are backstabbing and are planning to nuke the rest of us. Unfortunately I can't seem to identify who the real suspects are. Have fun suspecting and accusing each other and just remember it is only human lives you are playing with. Rounds end every 48 hours and the clock doesn't stop for you. All random odds are decided by a roll of a d20 by me.
Player list:
Buffalo the Kid
darth_vader
1Eevee1
egroeg
Eugene Chin
FluffyWithTeeth
Gutless Wonder
Hypochondriac
JacaByte
kickme
Lemonyscapegoat
nfreader
Mackilroy
mrxak
prophile
Rickton
RJC Ultra
Shlizamel
SoItBegins

Also PMs will be finished being sent out within the hour.

This post has been edited by Manta : 22 February 2008 - 07:35 AM

You forgot to mention that the clock is powered by contestants from The Biggest Loser.

And first one to die gets the keys to the pub on fifth.

Wait, really? Well hot diggity sign me up.

@1eevee1, on Feb 18 2008, 08:14 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

And first one to die gets the keys to the pub on fifth.

@rickton, on Feb 18 2008, 08:24 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

Wait, really? Well hot diggity sign me up.

Retracted Rickton, then.

This post has been edited by GutlessWonder : 19 February 2008 - 09:25 AM

How would you like to open up the bar, Rickton?

Edit: Wait, why would a terrorist, or anybody for that matter, want to be the first to open up the bar? It's unlikely that Rickton is a terrorist, so I'll retract my vote for now. This game is supposed to be serious, I believe.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 18 February 2008 - 09:40 PM

Open her up, Rickton , we wanna party like it's 1099 BC. I'll bring the darts when I die.

EDIT - JacaByte...

FREE AS IN BEER. Doi. Vote remains.

This post has been edited by 1Eevee1 : 18 February 2008 - 09:42 PM

And where exactly is this "5th floor"? And what is this bar? It all sounds veeeeery suspicious! I say it's the terrorists' doing! THEY ARE GOING TO POISON OUR DEAD! WE MUST SAVE THEM! WE CAN'T LET THEM DI... oh...

1Eevee1's stubbornness has me on edge... Why does he want Rickton dead without proof that he is a rogue? All we have on Rickton is that he wants to open the pub on the 5th floor. That's not enough to lynch anybody for, in my opinion.

All right! Let's spin the SoItBegins Random Roulette Wheel of Life, Death, and F.A.T.E.!!

Aaand the winner is... GutlessWonder!!

All PMs are out, if you didn't receive one ( unlikely ) , PM me and I'll consult my master list of deviousness. Now go kill each other you crazy kids.

Manta seems to want everyone dead!

EDIT: Oh, wait. He's hosting it...

This post has been edited by kickme : 18 February 2008 - 10:24 PM

If the rounds last 48 hours each. The game can last about 20 days. How about making the rounds 24-36 hours each?

How are ties settled? What about abstention votes, do they get assigned to a random member or just don't count?

This post has been edited by Hypochondriac : 18 February 2008 - 10:36 PM

@kickme, on Feb 19 2008, 03:24 AM, said in GTW Round 19:

Manta seems to want everyone dead!

EDIT: Oh, wait. He's hosting it...

That's never stopped anyone before.

@hypochondriac, on Feb 19 2008, 03:35 AM, said in GTW Round 19:

If the rounds last 48 hours each. The game can last about 20 days. How about making the rounds 24-36 hours each?

How are ties settled? What about abstention votes, do they get assigned to a random member or just don't count?

I think it's better that abstentions simply not count.
If abstentions are randomly voted, then in rounds where there's very little participation, player deaths could easily be decided on luck, rather than on skill.

And this game is supposed to be about skill.

In extreme cases, a player who wasn't even under consideration could get Lynched by automatic random votes.

Ties are more of a gray area, though.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 18 February 2008 - 10:54 PM

@hypochondriac, on Feb 18 2008, 09:35 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

Nothing wrong with a long game. 24 hour rounds are too short, people don't have enough time to debate and vote and retract what with players being spread across who knows how many timezones.

Well dang you guys I didn't mean it. 😞

@hypochondriac, on Feb 18 2008, 09:35 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

Ties are settled by a roll of a d20 by me, the d20 is balanced and truly random. Abstention votes count as if you did not vote. If you did not vote, it is your choice to do so and therefore you will simply be marked as not posting.

The 48 hour rounds are because there are 19 players starting out across the world. Rounds may be shortened at the beginning of the round by me, if enough players have already died, but I would prefer not to do this to allow everyone to have time to decide what to do. I don't want to extend the rounds ever, so I decided to make the rounds long enough to give everyone a good chance to vote/get PMs ( if required by your role ) to me. I want this game to have a more relaxed feel than some games so it can be more enjoyable. Plus there is the 5th floor to entertain the ghosts of those who died early ( I made sure the Guinness was stocked too. )

Also before anyone asks, no screen shots please. PMs are allowed and encouraged because it adds the aspect of personal talking among you debaters.

I tried to make the roles balanced so it wouldn't end up like other games. Furthermore, because everyone hates having their votes changed, there is no ability in this game that can do that. Lastly, just have fun killing each other off.

Before I forget, if you vote for me it counts as a no vote and PLEASE bold your votes so I can easily find them at the end of the round.

s###, everyone went ahead and started voting before I even realized the game had started. Darn you GutlessWonder!

Well, I really wanted SoItBegins to die in the last game, and I don't like his random vote thing (even though I know SoItBegins is really just voting for GutlessWonder on purpose to get back at him for changing his vote a bunch of times last game, as he made numerous threats to do). I also happen to think SoItBegins is a terrorist, so that's an added bonus.

Hosting pro-tip: it's a lot easier to just keep track of votes as they come in than try to count them up at the end.

mrxak has been an unusually good guesser in many games, so I'll follow his lead for now. SoItBegins , sorry man, but somebody's got to go.

Nah. I'm innocent this time around, believe it or not. I'd like to point out that my votes are truly random-- I came to 'GutlessWonder' by flipping two dimes once or twice.

Also, mrxak, why do you think I'm a terrorist? I mean, if you had a reason or something, I could understand it, but just out of the blue...

It might be a mrxak thing...

All online girls are 42 year old men.
All people with names consisting of many words, but no spaces, are terrorists.

I vote SoItBegins because voting for someone because of a grudge from outside of this game can really ruin it. Remember, GutlessWonder was just doing what he was told to do by the ruler of the world of GTW Round 18. And it was just a game.