GTW Game 11

Hmmm...everyone who's voting against is apparently doing so "to maintain a tie", which is only advantageous to Evil Dictators. By giving them a free kill, it tips the odds in their favor, especially if they can knock off an intelligence agent (if we even have one...and the second special role? who knows...)

Still, Anon, darth_vader, and Eugene Chin...should all deserve some closer scrutiny.

I will not, of course, be changing my vote now, since it's keeping me alive, but we shall see what happens.

/me squeezes his blue balloon elephant tightly, feeling death very close.

This post has been edited by GutlessWonder : 02 November 2007 - 04:03 PM

_"Gentlemen.... ladies?" mrxak eyes 1Eevee1. "I'm glad you all voted. Yes, very very glad. Soon we'll kill one of them, won't we Mr. Giraffe?"

mrxak closes his mouth and makes an affirmative giraffe sound while jiggling the balloon animal with his hand.

"But what's this? A tie? What the..." mrxak trails off. The delegates stare at him, then look at each other. He remains silent for 10 awkward minutes. "Okay! I have it! We'll still end the vote in 6 hours, and if somebody doesn't change their vote by then, nobody will die and we'll _ALL _just die in a horrible nuclear holocaust, I bet you'd all like that!"

mrxak leaves Mr. Giraffe on the podium watching over the council and leaves the room muttering to himself._

A tie will result in no death in the voting round, but the terrorists will get a free kill. That's kinda lame, right? Anybody want to change their vote? I mean, they're probably both guilty of something at least. Eh? Eh? Come on....

There's no saying that either nfreader or GutlessWonder needs to die here anyway. All it would take is two people to defect from each side and three of them vote off a third person.

I have no choice but to abstain from voting this round.

_mrxak returns in a better but busier mood. He looks up at the Big Board and sees that the vote has changed already, and grins before excusing Mr. Giraffe.

"Neat! Here's a rocket ship!" mrxak blows and twists a balloon and throws the remarkably aerodynamic rocket ship at prophile. He catches it, and holds it up, proud. "Don't forget! Voting ends in 5 and a half hours!"_

I vote mrxak. He is clearly clinically insane, and needs to be taken out of my misery. 😉

xander

I must change my vote to nfreader. I know that I said earlier that I didn't think there was much to make him guilty, but then again, there isn't much to make him innocent either. There's only one hour left, so someone needs to break the tie. I'd rather take the chance than give the terrorists a free kill.

_mrxak tosses darth_vader a balloon teddy bear.

"Yay! We've come to a decision!" mrxak yells happily, looking at the Big Board. The final count rests at three votes for GutlessWonder, four votes for nfreader, and one abstention. "nfreader will be killed immediately, get him Mr. Giraffe!"

Mr. Giraffe does nothing. But mrxak shakes him and makes little noises that sounds almost like talking. Instantly, four armed guards come in and take nfreader away.

"Good work, Mr. Giraffe. I'm sure we'll find out soon if he was the leader of a terrorist cell or not," mrxak says to the balloon animal. He then turns to the rest of the delegates. "Of course, only time will tell who the terrorists will try to kill. There's at least one left, after all."_

nfreader has been eliminated.

_Several hours later mrxak returns with the bad news. Although nfreader's nation was nuked into oblivion and he was tortured for information, he revealed nothing that would point to him being the leader of one of the terrorist cells.

"You guys really screwed up, I mean geez," mrxak tells the security council. "Mr. Giraffe tried to tell you, but nobody listened. Oh well, he was innocent. He wasn't even involved in any of my-, uh, any of the uh, shady dealings, you know, with stuff. Right. So anyway, nothing's bad happened yet, right? Everybody still here? Say your name if you're here still. Alphabetically now."

"Anon here!" Anon says.
"darth_vader sill alive!" darth_vader says.
"1Eevee1 breathing!" 1Eevee1 says.
"Eugene Chin!" Eugene Chin calls out.
"GutlessWonder present!" GutlessWonder yells.
"Mackilroy here!" Mackilroy says.
"prophile-" prophile pops.

"prophile pops?" mrxak exclaims, and the rest of the security council looks over to see prophile missing his head, with blood and brain matter splashed all over the place. "What happened? Oh no! Mr. Giraffe, tell me it isn't true! prophile's balloon rocket had a small bomb inside!"

mrxak squeezes Mr. Giraffe for comfort, but then Mr. Giraffe pops as well, slightly less explosively. Anon jumps, startled.

"Oh no! Not Mr. Giraffe too! You monsters!" mrxak runs out of the room.

Recovering quickly from all of the excitement, Mackilroy investigates prophile's blown up corpse, and discovers some bomb fragments surrounded by rubber. Apparently one of mrxak's balloons had been rigged with a tiny remote-detonated explosive. It wasn't much, but just enough to blow off prophile's head as he wore the balloon rocket ship as a hat. Surely any one of the delegates, or any two of them could have planted it into mrxak's balloons, knowing that he was intending to give prophile such a present for changing his vote. Upon announcing this discovery, darth_vader quickly gets rid of his balloon teddy bear and GutlessWonder gets rid of his balloon elephant, but the bomb squad determines that the only such explosive device in the room was in prophile's rocket ship.

Additionally, 1Eevee1 discovers (while looting prophile's pockets) a scrap of paper. He gives it to GutlessWonder to read aloud.

"Dear prophile, I hope you are well. I am too! I just wanted to remind you that you should talk to your connection in the black market arms trade as soon as possible. Maybe he'll know something about nfreader's activities lately. That is of course unless he dies in the vote tonight. If that happens, then you should ask around about Eugene Chin. Yours always, prophile," GutlessWonder read. He looked up at the rest of the delegates. "Who writes a letter to themselves so formally? And he misspelled, like, 10 words."_

prophile is now dead. He was "well connected", which makes him the equivalent of the intelligence agent. He had a contact with a prominent but highly secretive arms dealer, who would be able to tell him if somebody was involved in any "special" arms deals lately. Unfortunately, he died before he could get in touch with his contact, and therefore at the time of his death he had only suspicions, and no proof.

_mrxak returned shortly, having composed himself, and before saying anything he made another balloon animal, this time a balloon bunny.

"Mr. Bunny has a few things he wants me to tell you, and then I will turn the floor over again for debate and renewed voting. There are still two terrorist leaders among us!" mrxak said, and then waited. He looked down frustratingly at Mr. Bunny and then jiggled it a bit while throwing his voice in some high-pitched squeaking noises. The remaining security council delegates looked at each other with wide eyes.

"There, as Mr. Bunny said, prophile's nation was just nuked. But we must look forward, move forward, never whirling, whirling, and we cannot let ourselves become overwhelmed with grief and fear! The Big Board is cleared again, please vote soon or we're all gonna die horribly!" mrxak said. "I have to go give more balloon animals to war orphans. That mess in Prophilistan and Nfreadery really left us lots of war orphans!"

mrxak left the room, and debate and voting began anew._

You have, thanks to the time change, 49 hours to vote this time. Please try to vote early and often! Special roles, all three of you left, please contact me soon.

Oh, great. The intelligence agent was the one who could've pointed out to us who the dictators are. Now we have to do it the hard way. 😞

With what? A random number generator? Dice?

throws a paper aeroplane at mrxak

prophile might also have unlocked for you the answer to who the other special role is too. Bad luck. Now vote!

@mrxak, on Nov 2 2007, 11:15 PM, said in GTW Game 11:

"Dear prophile, I hope you are well. I am too! I just wanted to remind you that you should talk to your connection in the black market arms trade as soon as possible. Maybe he'll know something about nfreader's activities lately. That is of course unless he dies in the vote tonight. If that happens, then you should ask around about Eugene Chin. Yours always, prophile," GutlessWonder read. He looked up at the rest of the delegates. "Who writes a letter to themselves so formally? And he misspelled, like, 10 words."

Retracted Eugene Chin, you were already on my suspicious list. Here I find you named in a secret letter. Would you care to explain yourself?

This post has been edited by GutlessWonder : 04 November 2007 - 07:33 AM

@1eevee1, on Nov 3 2007, 02:39 AM, said in GTW Game 11:

With what? A random number generator? Dice?

throws a paper aeroplane at mrxak

Anything else, I suppose.

I do wonder though, like Gutless, why prophile mentioned Eugene Chin.

It's a list of people prophile was planning to investigate.

mrxak explicitly stated:

@mrxak, on Nov 3 2007, 04:15 AM, said in GTW Game 11:

prophile is now dead. He was "well connected", which makes him the equivalent of the intelligence agent. He had a contact with a prominent but highly secretive arms dealer, who would be able to tell him if somebody was involved in any "special" arms deals lately. Unfortunately, he died before he could get in touch with his contact, and therefore at the time of his death he had only suspicions, and no proof.

I'm not even #1 on the list. prophile thought GutlessWonder was going to die, so listed nfreader as #1. He put me on as an alternative. nfreader died only because darth_vader switched votes at the last minute.

Let me say it again: It's a list of people prohpile wanted to investigate.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 03 November 2007 - 01:30 PM

That's correct. prophile simply wished to investigate either nfreader or Eugene Chin, depending on how the vote turned out. Whatever made him want to do so was based on the same information that all of you have, which is completely speculation.

I agree with Eugene Chin and mrxak here, there's no reason to suspect anyone because of what prophile did. I think Gutless and Mack are looking suspicious for focusing on it so much.

While that's great and all, you people still need to vote.

Seeing as I have nothing better to go on, and I don't want to get lynched by one ( 1! ) vote:

GutlessWonder.

Gutless Wonder , I think my stab-in-the-dark accusation of you last round may actually have been correct. You had no reason to vote for nfreader last round, and no reason to vote for Eugene Chin now.

"Next two people to vote will get a balloon shark," mrxak tells the security council.

I was just curious. My curiosity is satisfied now.

As for voting, why would 1Eevee1 be looting prophile's pockets? He couldn't have been looking to see if prophile had information on him, now could he?