Global Thermonuclear War

The votes have been tabulated. I am waiting for one of the players to get back to me via PM. The next round will begin as soon as I get a reply.

xander

Tell whoever it is (probably nfreader) to hurry up, from me.

@prophile, on Jul 9 2007, 07:58 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

And that, kids, means we know who the evil dictators are: mrxak and Mackilroy. And since Mispeled seems to be the intelligence agent, we now know where the game is going.

Could you elaborate on your logic for accusing Mack?

Random attacking of someone who hasn't shown any indication of anything, indicating that he's either an evil dictator trying to defend a colleague or a loose cannon, either way we need him gone to win.

Round 2:

The debate rages on for several days, but, finally, the Security Council determines that Mispeled's nation is responsible for the terrorist nukes. Launch codes are given and Mispeled's homeland is reduced to a smoking lake of glass. A few stray nukes land in Deathmatch's capital. Collateral damage is sometimes an unavoidable problem. UN Peacekeepers are dispatched to his capital, to assess the damage, and take care of survivors. Mispeled is discovered in his secret underground bunker, living off of canned beans.

The Peacekeepers storm the bunker, and level their weapons as Mispeled.

"Put your hands behind your head!" one of them yells.

"Wait!" Mispeled screams, reaching into his coat pocket, "I can --"

At that moment, 24 armed Peacekeepers enforce the peace, and fill Mispeled with lead. One of them walks over to the body, to find the weapon that Mispeled was no doubt reaching for, only to find a package containing notes about the terrorist organization Earth First, with diagrams of possible ties to other world leaders.

It would seem that Mispeled was no only innocent, but had nearly figured out the plot. It is too bad that dead men don't tell any tales.

Several days later, Lizard's private 747 is shot out of the sky by a terrorist ground-to-air missile. Hours later, every major city in Lizard's home country is obliterated by 15,000 5-megaton nuclear warheads.

A statement is received from Earth First by way of Al-Jazeera: "Ha ha! Your pathetic attempt to eliminate us has only furthered our goal! The cute bunnies shall inherit the Earth!"

-----

I would like to get round 3 started around 6:00 PM tomorrow, if ya'll can accommodate, and vote by that time.

xander

The representative of Underscoria notes with sadness the cruel (and somewhat poetic) acts of this day. Our country will be in mourning for the unfortunate loss of lives, and I'm sure I speak for roughly half of us when I say that the misdirected execution of Mispeled's nation weighs heavily upon our consciences.

I will be present to reconvene on the morrow.

This post has been edited by rebelswin_85 : 09 July 2007 - 10:01 PM

Hmm. Seems I was wrong. Sorry Mispeled. Well that is how the game goes. Perhaps the intelligence agent in the next game won't be quite so aggressive to start? Or anyone for that matter.

With Lizard also dead that leaves me with no clue who it could be (although with Mispeled not being an evil dictator that lead would have dried up as well). I'll have to think about it some when I'm less tired. Not sure if I'll be around for the 6PM round end, but I'll be sure I get my vote in before I go out.

The evil dictators must be chuckling at this turn of events. Two innocents destroyed, and they're running free.

I say prophile and mrxak are the dictators. Let 'em have it!

I told you he was the intelligence agent! I warned you!

I still think it's Mack and mrxak. I note that Mack's changed his tune against mrxak to avoid looking suspicious, but that I come first because I've figured it out.

However, pursuing my original threat: I vote mrxak.

Well I'm going to say prophile , and not just out of self-defense. He's awfully quick to attack me, right from the start of this game, and during the genocide phase he eliminated somebody who voted the same as me last diplomacy. If I was the evil dictator, why would I get rid of a potential ally like that? I'm being set up for a fall here, but I'm not going down like that so easy, prophile. I can't help but wonder why he'd be saying Mack, but to be honest it's a strategy I've seen before. Mafia-types have been known to point the finger at their own fellow Mafia-types but then push to vote for somebody else so that nobody suspects the other guy they pointed to if and when the guy pointing the finger gets caught. I think if Mackilroy wants to prove that he's not an evil dictator, at least to me, he should vote prophile and distance himself from somebody that's been very aggressive towards me from the start despite me having originally tried to clear him.

Remember folks, I defended the guy that is now and was always attacking me. prophile's not the intelligence agent, we know that for sure, so it can't be out of any actual knowledge. He simply saw the way I was approaching the game so carefully and logically and determined I was a threat, so he tried to get me voted out twice now, even though I was actually deflecting blame from him. Ungratefulness is not a sign of poor diplomacy, it's a sign that he doesn't care who dies as long as it's not him. He thinks he's got me. He's already seen two innocents die. Don't let him get another. As for the other evil dictator it could be Mackilroy, it could be rebelswin, it could even be cia_man. But we know for sure that prophile is an evil dictator. Innocent people don't try so hard to kill a person that's defended them. Innocent people are glad they dodged a bullet and try to lay low. prophile isn't an innocent.

Mackilroy, if you believe prophile to be guilty as well as me, does it hurt to kill him first, especially when the evidence seems to point to him more than me?
nfreader, you saw that what I said last time was logically sound, and despite being sadly wrong, the choice was still the right one to make at the time. Can you see that I am logically right once more?
rebelswin_85, do you really want to be on the side of a guy who will turn around and cut the throat of somebody who defended him?

I could certainly use Lizard right about now. I think he would be on my side again. Too bad prophile killed him.

@mrxak, on Jul 10 2007, 01:37 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Hmm. Seems I was wrong. Sorry Mispeled. Well that is how the game goes. Perhaps the intelligence agent in the next game won't be quite so aggressive to start? Or anyone for that matter.

So "aggressive" to start? I simply made a (mostly) humorous post in order to bait an over-eager evil dictator. It's surprising that you'd think an evil dictator would make a post like mine as a serious attempt to move blame away from himself.

@mrxak, on Jul 10 2007, 01:54 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Well I'm going to say prophile , and not just out of self-defense. He's awfully quick to attack me, right from the start of this game, and during the genocide phase he eliminated somebody who voted the same as me last diplomacy. If I was the evil dictator, why would I get rid of a potential ally like that? I'm being set up for a fall here, but I'm not going down like that so easy, prophile. I can't help but wonder why he'd be saying Mack, but to be honest it's a strategy I've seen before. Mafia-types have been known to point the finger at their own fellow Mafia-types but then push to vote for somebody else so that nobody suspects the other guy they pointed to if and when the guy pointing the finger gets caught. I think if Mackilroy wants to prove that he's not an evil dictator, at least to me, he should vote prophile and distance himself from somebody that's been very aggressive towards me from the start despite me having originally tried to clear him.

A laughable claim. You tried to clear me because you wanted Mispeled down, because you knew as well as we did that he was the intelligence agent.

Remember folks, I defended the guy that is now and was always attacking me. prophile's not the intelligence agent, we know that for sure, so it can't be out of any actual knowledge. He simply saw the way I was approaching the game so carefully and logically and determined I was a threat, so he tried to get me voted out twice now, even though I was actually deflecting blame from him. Ungratefulness is not a sign of poor diplomacy, it's a sign that he doesn't care who dies as long as it's not him. He thinks he's got me. He's already seen two innocents die. Don't let him get another. As for the other evil dictator it could be Mackilroy, it could be rebelswin, it could even be cia_man. But we know for sure that prophile is an evil dictator. Innocent people don't try so hard to kill a person that's defended them. Innocent people are glad they dodged a bullet and try to lay low. prophile isn't an innocent.

Once again, trying to point the crowds my way, because I'm a threat.

Mackilroy, if you believe prophile to be guilty as well as me, does it hurt to kill him first, especially when the evidence seems to point to him more than me?
nfreader, you saw that what I said last time was logically sound, and despite being sadly wrong, the choice was still the right one to make at the time. Can you see that I am logically right once more?
rebelswin_85, do you really want to be on the side of a guy who will turn around and cut the throat of somebody who defended him?

I have no intention of voting for nfreader nor rebelswin_85, as I'm pretty confident that neither of them are evil dictators.

I could certainly use Lizard right about now. I think he would be on my side again. Too bad prophile killed him.

And there we are finishing off with the textbook reverse psychology.

I won't lie to you, the reason I'm speaking out against you is because I want you dead. It's clear as day that you're an evil dictator, and the sooner you are out of the picture the more likely I, and my non-evil comrades (viz nfreader and rebelswin_85), are to survive.

This post has been edited by prophile : 10 July 2007 - 10:12 AM

@mispeled, on Jul 10 2007, 08:01 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

So "aggressive" to start? I simply made a (mostly) humorous post in order to bait an over-eager evil dictator. It's surprising that you'd think an evil dictator would make a post like mine as a serious attempt to move blame away from himself.

The deceased Representative Mispeled is surprisingly vocal... 😉

mrxak: I'm going after prophile , but not because you want me to. He's been dogging me for quite some time when I'm clearly innocent of all wrongdoing.

So nfreader, rebelswin_85! Help freedom to triumph over tyranny!

So, I am one of the three remaining representatives of freedom. I wish to remind the other two representatives that we must choose carefully, as in pure terms of chance we have 50/50 odds of picking one of our own, thus dooming mankind. Consider well.

@mackilroy, on Jul 9 2007, 11:24 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

I say prophile and mrxak are the dictators. Let 'em have it!

The most vocal elements thus far have painted these two as dictators, and maybe somewhat convincingly. I suspect that one of the dictators is laying low at the moment, and I can't believe that the two dictators would be accusing each other so vociferously as to guarantee that at least one of them would die. So at least one is mistaken in his accusation.

The theory has also been fielded that Mack is a terrorist agent. He could be allied with nfreader or mrxak, given the trend so far, and I do not feel that either can be discounted. Granted, he seems to imply that mrxak is also an Evil Dictator, but he did not vote for him, and seems to be communicating with him directly, even in his posts. (see below)

@mackilroy, on Jul 10 2007, 09:01 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

mrxak: I'm going after prophile , but not because you want me to. He's been dogging me for quite some time when I'm clearly innocent of all wrongdoing.

@prophile, on Jul 10 2007, 08:10 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

A laughable claim. You tried to clear me because you wanted Mispeled down, because you knew as well as we did that he was the intelligence agent.
Once again, trying to point the crowds my way, because I'm a threat.

Representative prophile gets ahead of himself somewhat. mrxak attempted to clear you before the idea that Mispeled was an intelligence agent had come up, and much before either he had made the claim or that claim had been substantiated by his death. However, I agree with the analysis that mrxak did not do much to specifically defend prophile except in so far as he attacked Mispeled, and furthermore I would point out that mrxak went out of his way to attack two innocent parties, a perhaps suspiciously unlucky guess. ?

Just a quick out of character note -- if you are dead, you are welcome to make a farewell post, but please do not try to influence votes, or to defend yourself, or anything else. For all intents and purposes, you are no longer playing the game (though you can root for your team).

xander

Both of the evil dictators are after me, because I know who they are. A threat.

nfreader and rebelswin_85, you saw that I was spot on with my prediction that Mispeled was the intelligence agent BEFORE he said so himself, please let's get rid of mrxak and you'll find I was right again.

Frankly, I doubt I'll survive into next round, because either the evil dictators will lynch me or the remaining one will hit me during the night. So for your own sakes, take out mrxak and Mack.

@prophile, on Jul 10 2007, 01:07 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Both of the evil dictators are after me, because I know who they are. A threat.

nfreader and rebelswin_85, you saw that I was spot on with my prediction that Mispeled was the intelligence agent BEFORE he said so himself, please let's get rid of mrxak and you'll find I was right again.

Frankly, I doubt I'll survive into next round, because either the evil dictators will lynch me or the remaining one will hit me during the night. So for your own sakes, take out mrxak and Mack.

Ah yes, the acceptance phase. I'm going to go along with everyone else here and vote for prophile because he's been really vocal about mrxak.

You idiot. I'm trying to save your arse here, nfreader.

So you can stab him in the back later? That's not very nice.