Contest!

QUOTE (Lamkin @ Jan 2 2010, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I couldn't get past the part where you have to jump. And even though my momentum seemed not to be slowed at all by the 'gravity' and I was flying pretty much right down the middle of the the ladder, I still couldn't break through. (I'd even centered my ship so that I only needed to push the up arrow key.) Aargh! πŸ˜›
Nice concept, though. πŸ™‚
Glad you're feeling better, Odie. I'd somehow missed getting the flu while the rest of my family had had it. (A slightly obsessive amount of hand washing had done the trick, I think.)

And I still haven't made any progress on my level. After an hour or so, I could tell that the concept I was using wasn't going to turn out very well. And as far as coming up with other ideas, it seems that the well has run dry.
😞

It just takes some practice. A hint: if you really can't do it the normal way, change your turn sensitivity to 50%. It is much easier that way.

Thank you Lamkin. Yeah, hand washing does help quite a bit.

Make something un-original then! I'll settle for a good looking level based on the normal sketchfighter theme. Just no star hunts, please πŸ™‚

EDIT: Oh wait, I just realized that I gave you a hint for the wrong part of the level. For the jump part, all you have to do is go to maximum power while the rope is still off the screen, and make sure you are perpendicular to the rope. Its possible.

This post has been edited by Odie : 02 January 2010 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (Kasofa1 @ Jan 2 2010, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problem, no problem. πŸ™‚

Whew! πŸ˜„
Seriously though, I don't like to throw my name in for something and then quit, so thanks for being okay about it.

QUOTE (Odie @ Jan 2 2010, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It just takes some practice. A hint: if you really can't do it the normal way, change your turn sensitivity to 50%. It is much easier that way.

I'd, um, changed my sensitivity all the way down to 10%. (But yeah, that did seem to help quite a bit.)

Oh wait, I just realized that I gave you a hint for the wrong part of the level. For the jump part, all you have to do is go to maximum power while the rope is still off the screen, and make sure you are perpendicular to the rope. Its possible.

Hmm...I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'd even looked at the map in the editor and I saw how small that one particular force field was, but I still can't get past it. I'll keep trying. And, yes, I believe it's possibleβ€”that's why I'm so frustrated by it! :mad: πŸ˜‰

Make something un-original then! I'll settle for a good looking level based on the normal sketchfighter theme. Just no star hunts, please πŸ™‚

I'll see if I can come up with something over the next week or two. No stars...check.

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 02 January 2010 - 02:58 PM

The jump part wasn't supposed to be impossible. If you want to make the force field a little smaller, be my guest. Just leave the rest of it alone πŸ˜›

Yeah, that's the first time I'd ever changed the sensitivity lower than 100% for any reason other than seeing what the difference was.

Also, there is an accel. sensitivity changer too, make sure that is at 100%.

-K