Interesting boss fight challenge!

Can you make an interesting boss fight?

Hi all, haven't been playing much lately, and the boards seemed a little slow, so I decided to make something happen 😛
well, I am proposing a challenge, make an interesting boss battle!
The rules are as follows;
1. The level must be mostly a boss battle, so you can have a two minute flight to get to the boss, but I would appreciate it if the level was a battle, not so much an adventure.
If you must make a small thing that is not a room, more like a hall.
2. I couldn't think up something to put here, so I will go on to suggestions.

Try to make the boss interesting, or different, no standard bosses please (i.e. bosses that were in the original game.) you may use pieces of them, just not the whole thing.

Make the arena part of the battle, make lava clouds, or radiation field, even static stuff, maybe a stationary gun, or something.

If possible, make something that involves switches, or maybe shooting shield generators on the wall.

You may have one or more entries, if you have lots of ideas, make them all!

Now then, be off with you, and get to work. Cracks whip

-K

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 24 May 2009 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (Kasofa1 @ Mar 12 2009, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi all, haven't been playing much lately, and the boards seemed a little slow, so I decided to make something happen 😛
well, I am proposing a challenge, make an interesting boss battle!
The rules are as follows;
1. The level must be mostly a boss battle, so you can have a two minute flight to get to the boss, but I would appreciate it if the level was a battle, not so much an adventure.
If you must make a small thing that is not a room, more like a hall.
2. I couldn't think up something to put here, so I will go on to suggestions.

Try to make the boss interesting, or different, no standard bosses please (i.e. bosses that were in the original game.) you may use pieces of them, just not the whole thing.

Make the arena part of the battle, make lava clouds, or radiation field, even static stuff, maybe a stationary gun, or something.

If possible, make something that involves switches, or maybe shooting shield generators on the wall.

Now then, be off with you, and get to work!

-K

Great idea, Kasofa! We may have to use a few of these ideas for Project Multi Sketch 2! 🙂
Is this going to be a contest you're hosting, like with a poll at the end, or just for fun? (Contest sounds great to me!)

I'm getting to work...

Klublex

(EDIT:Are you going to participate, I hope?)

This post has been edited by Klublex : 13 March 2009 - 10:55 AM

I am planning on having a poll at the end, but mostly it will be to stir things up and have fun!
So in answer to you question, yes. 😄

-K

QUOTE (Kasofa1 @ Mar 13 2009, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am planning on having a poll at the end, but mostly it will be to stir things up and have fun!
So in answer to you question, yes. 😄

-K

Sounds good.
I've made a pretty cool boss room, but it may be a while before I finish because right now I am working on the " Sketchfighter Academy " tests. (No worries, you'll see what those are soon...)

🙂 Klublex

My entry is attached. 🙂 It's not all that good, but It's just the right difficulty for me and I think I may enter twice. (I working on a second boss fight)

Sincerely, good luck getting some more people!

Klublex

Attached File(s)

I must be losing my touch, I can't beat it on my third try 😄
We need to get things moving again.
We should bug Lars to make 2p editor, or make two player levels editable.
I like the level Klublex, I hope there are more like this!

-K

Wow. That took a couple of tries. It was interesting, but I didn't like the enclosed space. Is this contest open for all?

This post has been edited by Odie : 02 April 2009 - 07:57 AM

Yep, this contest is for everyone who want's to enter! Just make something for run and PM it to me or post it here. At some point I will post a poll, if I have enough (more than three people) send stuff to me/post it here.
Happy Sketchingâ„¢!

-K

I might do that some time. At the moment I'm working on a major scale level (I've been working on it for, what?, a month now?), but I might make a quick one if I'm bored.

I've made my level, but it won't let me upload it. What do I do?

If you right click on it, it was have a menu, and one of the options will say either, 'create archive' or 'compress filename,' select whichever one you see, and it should make a .zip file.
Then you can post it.
I hope that helps!

-K

Ah, sorry, I didn't know it needed to be compressed.

Lets see......

Ah! It let me upload it!

Attached File(s)

The poor frame rates make this one unplayable for me.
(Odie's computer must not be nearly as old as mine.)
🙂
Anyway...it's just nice to see somebody new come along that designs their own levels. I hope you stick around, Odie.

Welcome the forums Odie. (for once I beat Pi to the chase! :laugh: ) As Lamkin said, glad to see more sketchers.

Urg, sorry about the frame-rates. I had a little trouble with that, and I suspect it's because of the amount of lava scenery I used (though I'm not sure). Thanks for the welcome! I'll come up with something that works better (hopefully).

Alright, I made a new one. The only frame rate problem I found was when you explode the X boxes. Hold still when you do that or you will be sorry.

Attached File(s)

Hip hip Hooray! 🙂 We have a new member! (I'm feeling like those radiator springs people in Cars right now :laugh: )
Welcome to the boards, Odie. I'm eager for another epic to be posted, or any level at all, for that matter. I must say I have right now probably at least 15 playable levels I created on my computer that I just have been too lazy to put on. 😊 Maybe I'll have to start a junk trunk topic again soon.

Sorry, I'm still only about half way done with my second entry, as I've had a test in social studies on Monday, language arts test on Tuesday, math test on Wednesday, and science test on Thursday, I haven't had time to even get near the computer until now... sorry. 😞

Happy Sketching!

Klublex

With your consent SilverWind, we might be able to gravedig it... Only if everyone who posted there agrees though.
Has anyone seen PiSketch or Dogbert recently?
Or SidePipe for that matter.
Anyone?

And here's my level!
Attached File SpinnerBoss.zip (3.34K)
Number of downloads: 6
Beware what you may find whilst exploring the Factory...

-K

One thousand one hundred and ninety five attempts later..... I STILL CAN'T KILL THAT THING! Am I missing something?

QUOTE (Odie @ Apr 3 2009, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One thousand one hundred and ninety five attempts later..... I STILL CAN'T KILL THAT THING! Am I missing something?

Well, if you are, then I'm missing it too! 🙂 I once got all the spinners defeated and the boss health bar down to 1/8 left, but couldn't beat it all the way. I recommend making a little easier, Kasofa. Great boss, though.

Hey Odie, I made a level a while back for new members like you, as an introduction to the Sketchfighter Editor. I can see by your Wasteland and Volcano bosses that you've alright figured it out quite well, but I hope you enjoy it anyway. Good Luck!

Level Attached.
Klublex

Attached File(s)