The Temple of the Pen

@silverwind, on Mar 23 2007, 12:54 PM, said in The Temple of the Pen:

If I manage to complete it I might certainly consider it, but I get stuck in the Ice Caverns. 😛

EDIT:

Actually, that's something I'd like to think about. When I've completed my many current projects I'll try to write one up, if there isn't already one done by then.

Where do you get stuck? Perhaps I can help.

Hmm stuck in the Ice Caverns Probably for the same reason as I was. So if it is, here's a hint: give yourself a break from the ice.

Help me!!

The temple of the pen is sooo tough. I have had my computer running for two days now. I keep finding things I cannot open, the archway in the fire area, the dark wall in the large main courtyard, the gun room with three items in it. All I have found is the differnet colours and the shield and cannot pass the fire area with just that.

Please advise.

BTW great level much harder than the one the game came with. THey gotta fix that saving thing. I like palying them they just take me forever and without the ability to save its a real pain.

-Solve et Coagula
Azoth

You don't have to run your computer that long. There's an user-unfriendly way to play with an older custom level save file. Look in the SketchFighter folder in, I think, Users > Your user > Library > Application Support > SketchFighter. There should be a file called "Game 999". Copy and put it on your desktop. Then you can quit SF and if you want to play your old saved file, you'll have to

1. start a new custom level

2. fly in a save ring

3. replace the "Game 999" file of the SF folder in the "Application Support" with the "Game 999" file on your desktop

4. get killed

After being destroyed you should start with your old TTotP ship. Happy playing. 🙂

Holy smokes that works like a charm!! Thanks....Now how to kill that crazy icicle monster. It keeps flying through the walls or taking off down the hallway leaving me to beat myself senseless against the wall so I can come back and give it another try....

@azoth, on Apr 2 2007, 05:18 PM, said in The Temple of the Pen:

Holy smokes that works like a charm!! Thanks....Now how to kill that crazy icicle monster. It keeps flying through the walls or taking off down the hallway leaving me to beat myself senseless against the wall so I can come back and give it another try....

It's flying through the walls?! 😮

This is interesting news. Azoth, thank you. gray_shirt_ninja, I suggest you find a solution, but I will make a post about this to the beta list.

That's really quite odd. I've played that boss a dozen times and it's never escaped.

INVESTIGATION TIME!

@gray-shirt-ninja, on Apr 3 2007, 10:41 AM, said in The Temple of the Pen:

That's really quite odd. I've played that boss a dozen times and it's never escaped.

INVESTIGATION TIME!

It leaves the combat area through the door and heads down the hall to get a some leftovers from the icebox or something, but it never comes back....Or it sneaks through the left hand walls and taunts me laying mines inside the walls and laughing. OK thats maybe some anthropomorphisizing but I have been fighting it so long it feels like an old friend.
I like to play hide and seek with it. I find that it was a bigger problem when I let it get out of my screen and shot at it from a distance. Try letting it really float far away from you, it happened repeatedly to me. Actually one time I got it to follow me into the hall without entering the room and I tried to fight it there but it got the better of me.

Oh. I see. The culling distance for the walls is different then the culling distance for the boss. I have this problem with ZP's Trickier enemy.

I see that Gray Shirt Ninja posted on the forum today, so I thought I'd necrobump this topic to let him know how truly awesome I think his level is; it's now my all-time favorite.

Yes, it is my favorite custom level so far 🙂 .....

though his area in project multisketch was pretty good too.

CoughGravedigCough

-K

and yes, I do know that I am encouraging them, but still.

I love you all so very much :wub:

h-u-u-u-u-u-u-r-r-r

-K