The Temple of the Pen

No. I forgot all about that. You need to find two secrets. One of which requires ship three. As for the room of much stuff well there may and/or may not be a non-way to unopen that room.

Ah... ok, now I really wanna find those secrets. I'm off to do so now...

Best time: 47:15

Deaths:
Techno: 1
Forest: 0
Lava Cave: 2
Ice Cave: 0
Boss Lair: 0

Deaths to Bosses: 1 (the lava boss)

ok missing something here....
I've goten all the way to the volcano and end up getting to the top adn bottom boss. multiple times. i have the red green and yellow gun, with pellets and the beam. that's it. from the sounds of it i've missed massive amounts of stuff. i've back tracked, found the haha hiden area, the are in the first room with the three health. bunch of saying (personal favorite "Alas poor yorkic")

what am i missing? i ca't get pass the volcano level because of all the heat. is there an upgrade to the ship that can be goten before that? weapons? I've restarted proabbly about 30 tiems so far and only get to the volcano level after a few hours of play. I've gone back to see if there are

any suggestions would be helpful.
-Tasel

You have beaten two out of three mini-bosses in the Lava Caves. Top and bottom. Perhaps after you beat those two, you should investigate the middle?

I'd like to point out that the taking on the Volcano is near impossible without getting the shield upgrade first. I'll leave it to GSN to decide whether or not to give a hint on where to find it.

@silverwind, on Mar 23 2007, 04:33 AM, said in The Temple of the Pen:

I'd like to point out that the taking on the Volcano is near impossible without getting the shield upgrade first. I'll leave it to GSN to decide whether or not to give a hint on where to find it.

That would definitly help. I've only managed to defeat both volcano guys only once, and ended up ding on the way back (much to my anoyance.... stupid heat), normally i either almost get to kill one boss or manage to kill one before being killed on the wya to the other. the one time i did kill both i was already at about 3 hours of playtime. Any way to get the mark II upgrade so the that te heat doens't kill you before the volcano level?

I think the Dual Fighter Edition Ship Upgrade is located inside the Volcano, so I don't think it's possible to get it before hand.

Search the previous zones closely, the Shield Upgrade is hidden in a place that doesn't really have any other secrets in it.

Duel Edition is the reward for beating the Factory Core, i think.

@silverwind, on Mar 23 2007, 09:38 AM, said in The Temple of the Pen:

I think the Dual Fighter Edition Ship Upgrade is located inside the Volcano, so I don't think it's possible to get it before hand.

Search the previous zones closely, the Shield Upgrade is hidden in a place that doesn't really have any other secrets in it.

I'm guessing forest since I haven't found any hiden areas in there, although there are a couple areas blocekd off. Is the area avalible using only what i have? or do i need missles to get int it (and if so where are missles?)

Currently i'm at (in-game time) 130 min, and tryig to kill the upper boss in the volcano area (already beat the lower one)

@pisketch, on Mar 23 2007, 10:12 AM, said in The Temple of the Pen:

Duel Edition is the reward for beating the Factory Core, i think.

by factory core i assume you mean the area in between the 4 areas. i've destory'd all the creatures there (minus the two spinners since i physical can't reach the middle of them without supper pellets or a wave gun). i've shot all the walls. run into all the walls, and the only thing i've seen is the hiddenwall at the start with the extra health packs.

Are you refering to a diffrent area? or the area that is behind the heat and chill screen? I can't get through that without instanty dieing.

Missiles are located in the upper section of the Volcano, they're not secret so they shouldn't take that long to find.

The Shield Upgrade 1 does not require Missiles to obtain, although it's well hidden. You'll have to play a strategic game to find it. 😉 I don't want to give a bigger clue than that for the fear of GSN coming down my neck saying: "Why did you give away the location of all the secrets! I'll eat your head for this! "

This post has been edited by Silverwind : 23 March 2007 - 10:20 AM

@tasel, on Mar 23 2007, 10:30 AM, said in The Temple of the Pen:

by factory core i assume you mean the area in between the 4 areas. i've destory'd all the creatures there (minus the two spinners since i physical can't reach the middle of them without supper pellets or a wave gun). i've shot all the walls. run into all the walls, and the only thing i've seen is the hiddenwall at the start with the extra health packs.

Are you refering to a diffrent area? or the area that is behind the heat and chill screen? I can't get through that without instanty dieing.

This is the boss i am referring to.

@silverwind, on Mar 23 2007, 11:08 AM, said in The Temple of the Pen:

Missiles are located in the upper section of the Volcano, they're not secret so they shouldn't take that long to find.

The Shield Upgrade 1 does not require Missiles to obtain, although it's well hidden. You'll have to play a strategic game to find it. 😉 I don't want to give a bigger clue than that for the fear of GSN coming down my neck saying: "Why did you give away the location of all the secrets! I'll eat your head for this! "

still haven't foudn the missles, but the shields are goign to help ALOT. thanks. took me a while to figure it out, but got the shields.... now back to the volcano and try to get the guy ontop.

That's cool, and by the way the missiles are near a red switch in the upper section, on the other side of the corridor from the Mini Boss near the summit.

@silverwind, on Mar 23 2007, 11:45 AM, said in The Temple of the Pen:

That's cool, and by the way the missiles are near a red switch in the upper section, on the other side of the corridor from the Mini Boss near the summit.

wow.... having those sheilds makes a HUGE didffrence. might go back and see how much fast i can get to the volcano. (in-game time 160)

@pisketch, on Mar 23 2007, 11:10 AM, said in The Temple of the Pen:

This is the boss i am referring to.

i as refering to the threads discusion of the Temple of the Pen in reagards to finding the mark II. in Temple of the pen its reward for finishinging the volcano level (or at least the thrid boss)

@tasel, on Mar 23 2007, 01:28 PM, said in The Temple of the Pen:

i as refering to the threads discusion of the Temple of the Pen in reagards to finding the mark II. in Temple of the pen its reward for finishinging the volcano level (or at least the thrid boss)

Ok, boy i feel stupid now...

@tasel, on Mar 23 2007, 10:28 AM, said in The Temple of the Pen:

It's the reward for beating the third mini-boss. It allows you to reach the final Lava Cave boss.

Is anyone interested in writing a walk-through for TotP?

If I manage to complete it I might certainly consider it, but I get stuck in the Ice Caverns. 😛

EDIT:

Actually, that's something I'd like to think about. When I've completed my many current projects I'll try to write one up, if there isn't already one done by then.

This post has been edited by Silverwind : 23 March 2007 - 03:00 PM