Flicker maker

Hey guys, how do you make a stationary object make little flickers?

This post has been edited by Odie : 10 June 2009 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (Odie @ Jun 10 2009, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey guys, how do you make a stationary object make little flickers?

Well, it's kind of tricky. The script that makes flickers moves around, so you have to make an invisible cell for it. Use an "EnemyShieldRing" and put four boxes inside so they form a square inside of the circle. (make both of these items solid, of course) Then place a small version (so it fits inside the square but is still fairly larger than the flickers themselves) of you Mama Flicker with the script of Boss 1. This compartment should allow the main flicker-maker to be trapped and pretty much incapable of moving, while the little flickers can escape.

Hope that helps,
Klublex

QUOTE (Klublex @ Jun 11 2009, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, it's kind of tricky. The script that makes flickers moves around, so you have to make an invisible cell for it. Use an "EnemyShieldRing" and put four boxes inside so they form a square inside of the circle. (make both of these items solid, of course) Then place a small version (so it fits inside the square but is still fairly larger than the flickers themselves) of you Mama Flicker with the script of Boss 1. This compartment should allow the main flicker-maker to be trapped and pretty much incapable of moving, while the little flickers can escape.

Hope that helps,
Klublex

Can you take a screenshot of one?

Actually, I may have figured it out. Try this level! (play it)

Attached File(s)

QUOTE (Odie @ Jun 11 2009, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, I may have figured it out. Try this level! (play it)

Interesting, although I suppose you know that the level is impossible. Looks good, though. Here's a screenshot of one, though yours works fine too. Double-click to enlarge.
Attached File Flicker_Maker.jpg (99.26K)
Number of downloads: 5
Klublex

QUOTE (Klublex @ Jun 12 2009, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting, although I suppose you know that the level is impossible. Looks good, though. Here's a screenshot of one, though yours works fine too. Double-click to enlarge.
Attached File Flicker_Maker.jpg (99.26K)
Number of downloads: 5
Klublex

I know that it is impossible. The point is that it works 😉

Whew you're a quick poster. I post a reply, and by the time I'm done, the last post is by Odie again!

Klublex :laugh:

I just happened to be on at the time 🙂

Hey guys, I'm having trouble making two bosses with health bars. I followed all the steps you listed in the boss competition, but no luck. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Odie : 17 June 2009 - 06:51 PM