Flash

What browser (or application) do you guys use for Flash?

Another topic that has nothing to do with SketchFighter?
However, since I'm familiar with you guys and you are are all obviously Mac users who probably know a hell of a lot more about Flash than I do, I figured I'd ask a few questions...
I've done some digging, and it seems that Flash runs much more slowly on the Mac than it does on the PC. Specifically, I have a Flash-based game called Samorost2 which runs noticeably faster when using Netscape 9 than it does in either Safari or Firefox.
So my questions are:
Why is that the case?
Is there any way—short of getting a new computer—to speed up Flash?
What browser (or application) do you guys find works best for Flash content?

Thanks! 🙂
Carry on.

I have no idea. First, I don't believe in either Netscape or Internet explorer, so I will not be recommending one of those. You could try Camino, I know that it is a good, firefox-like browser. My store of technical knowledge is small, and so I can't really point to anything that might help.
You can try Camino, and see how you like it though.
I hope you find something!

-K

QUOTE (Lamkin @ Jun 9 2009, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Another topic that has nothing to do with SketchFighter?
However, since I'm familiar with you guys and you are are all obviously Mac users who probably know a hell of a lot more about Flash than I do, I figured I'd ask a few questions...
I've done some digging, and it seems that Flash runs much more slowly on the Mac than it does on the PC. Specifically, I have a Flash-based game called Samorost2 which runs noticeably faster when using Netscape 9 than it does in either Safari or Firefox.
So my questions are:
Why is that the case?
Is there any way—short of getting a new computer—to speed up Flash?
What browser (or application) do you guys find works best for Flash content?

Thanks! 🙂
Carry on.

If I understand you correctly, you could try using safari running under rosetta mode. That is what I always did. If that isn't fast enough, get a better computer 😉

Thanks, guys. My intention was to find a Flash application that wasn't a browser, and I managed to find (although it wasn't easy) Adobe's standalone Flash Player, which seems to work just as well (i.e., as fast) as Netscape. Perhaps, with my older and slower 700 MHz iMac, this is the best that I can hope for.