Lost....

lost in a factory maze, what can you do?...

After hour upon hour of tedious mapmaking, I am finished with my new level, Lost. Here is the description:

Lost in a factory complex, you must--??? Your goal unknown, (unless of course you cheat and look at the top left of the screen :mad: -by the way, don't even dare!) you must explore the factory, looking for things that look out of place. Packed with enemies, and no hints to where you are, this level is bound to be a challenge!

Although this level lacks a bit on the details, I hope you enjoy it! See if you can make it under 8 minutes, my record is 7:58.

Attached File Lost.zip (27.47K)
Number of downloads: 12

Comments always helpful...

Thanks,
Klublex 🙂

P.S. Not much activity on the web board lately... 😞
When's that contest going to end?

This post has been edited by Klublex : 20 September 2008 - 05:40 PM

Yep, the forums have been kind of deserted lately...
On a positive note, however, it would seem that you have outdone or topped yourself, Klublex. I haven't finished this level yet, but I've gotten the gist of it, and it is truly excellent.

(Edit: Unfortunately, my computer is simply too slow to run this level well enough for me to actually complete it, but that still doesn't take anything away from how cool the thing is. I'd recommend it highly.) 🙂

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 20 September 2008 - 07:46 PM

cracks knuckles

If I can run the entire Sketchfighter game in under 22 minutes...

Thanks, Lamkin. I'm glad to hear you liked it. The start is kind of tricky, but there is a route to one of the guns that doesn't involve any mines. I'm sorry to hear that it won't work on your computer, my contest entry probably won't either, then. 😞 Oh, well.

@jacabyte, on Sep 20 2008, 07:20 PM, said in Lost....:

cracks knuckles

If I can run the entire Sketchfighter game in under 22 minutes...

You probably can, but it's mighty hard, JacaByte! Good Luck!

Klublex

This post has been edited by Klublex : 21 September 2008 - 10:30 AM

Darn, got the red gun, blue gun, and green gun in under 2:20, but got nailed by a skull turret. D*mn and blast!

Wow, good job, JacaByte! I just made a new record of 5:30! Beat that! 😉

Meh, sorry for the inactivity, I have been looking around the 'just graphics' and the EV Dev and nova boards recently.
I think I will download this right now and check it out.
sounds great!

-K

@kasofa1, on Sep 21 2008, 02:05 PM, said in Lost....:

I think I will download this right now and check it out.

I believe you will be disappointed. If my computer can't run it well, then your computer definitely can't run it well. 😛 🙂

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 21 September 2008 - 05:34 PM

My computer skips during constant firing of the Sp. Pellet gun. Kind of annoying, since when the framerate catches up with the game time, I get hit by something and die. Poo. Beating this map may have to wait till next weekend...

@jacabyte, on Sep 21 2008, 08:10 PM, said in Lost....:

My computer skips during constant firing of the Sp. Pellet gun. Kind of annoying, since when the framerate catches up with the game time, I get hit by something and die. Poo. Beating this map may have to wait till next weekend...

Poo. It seems that this level is a bit too complicated. Oh, well. It works on my computer. Anyway, I realized yesterday that why not create another level just like this but with different enemies? I deleted all the enemies (except for the skull turrets) and replaced them with completely different ones. I hope you like this new level, it includes Guardian Pushers , Spinnerbombs , Mini-Drones , Clones , Fighters , and Color Blobs. For the record, the first Lost contained Drones, Shooterdrones, Turrets, Single Tanks, Mini-Spinners, CloneTanks, and Color Pushers.

After that long list of names, here it is:

Attached File Lost_2.zip (25.4K)
Number of downloads: 2

🙂
Klublex

"Poo"? 🙂
Klublex,
For me, the (spinning) shooters are what seemed to slow it down the most...
And, I like the first one much, much better. I'd advise you to simply dispose of a few of those shooters and resubmit the level.

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 22 September 2008 - 08:49 PM

If I can find time than I will do that. (I've just started middle school and the homework lad is kind of overwhelming) I'm sorry to hear that you don't like Lost 2 , it is meant to be a lot harder. My best time on completing it is 12:46.

Anyway, thanks for the input. 🙂

Klublex

@klublex, on Sep 24 2008, 04:08 PM, said in Lost....:

I'm sorry to hear that you don't like Lost 2 , it is meant to be a lot harder.

Klublex

My mistake...I had thought that Lost 2 was a replacement for the first one. It is definitely harder, but I had assumed you were attempting to keep the level of difficulty more or less the same (while simply changing a few things around for the sole purpose of allowing the level to run more smoothly), and that's the only reason why I hadn't liked it nearly as much. 🙂

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 24 September 2008 - 10:57 PM

well, I played Lost 1, and I find it amazing, surprisingly enough, I can play through a good bit of it.
Great work!

-K

Awesome! Hopefully they'll be on the add-ons page soon!