TBSE!

@pisketch, on Aug 30 2008, 09:58 PM, said in TBSE!:

So, in other news, I lied, I'm giving it a shot. Had an interesting idea. Requesting rules clarification, though. The player is not allowed to ever leave the 5x5 square, correct? Or is it that they're not allowed to do anything outside the square, so they'd be allowed to exit the square if it were, for example, the exit to the level?

Yes, you may leave the 5x5 grid to end the level, but for the most part, the player must be inside the 5x5 area.
you may rearrange the tiles, they may overlap, and you may place more tiles (Look at EDWDS One Page template)
but as I said before, I would like the player to stay on the 5x5.

Hope this helps!
and please, do let anyone you wish know!
Thanks!

-K

EDIT: Lamkin! That's not quite what I meant...
you are allowed to vote for anyone's level (even you own) but please only vote once.

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 30 August 2008 - 11:03 PM

Excellent, thanks for a quick response. I'll teaser some people a bit here.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by PiSketch : 30 August 2008 - 11:28 PM

@kasofa1, on Aug 30 2008, 09:01 PM, said in TBSE!:

Lamkin! That's not quite what I meant...
you are allowed to vote for anyone's level (even you own) but please only vote once.

Kasofa,
You do realize I had been teasing. (Always assume I'm teasing, as I live to do that.) 🙂
Also, is it even possible to vote more than once? I suppose it would be if you went through the trouble of making separate e-mail accounts, or is it not the same as rating a level? I wonder if I should attempt to have my friends and family register on the forum just so they can vote...Wow, my head is really beginning to swell, as I'm now deliberating about whether or not to circulate junk mail propaganda to help tip the scales in my favor. Maybe even "grease a few palms," you know? (Alright, that's enough of that, as I'm starting to annoy myself.)

Lamkin

@pisketch, on Aug 30 2008, 09:26 PM, said in TBSE!:

Excellent, thanks for a quick response. I'll teaser some people a bit here.

Waaa, I thought I might have a little chance here. Oh, well. Is there a "second" place? 😉
I was wondering, will you make a new topic, Kasofa, for the contestants to put their levels on?

Klublex

awesome im definitely going to have to do one. gets to work

Klublex, I probably will have you guys PM them to me so I can post them.
man, I really should finish up on mine.

-K

Kasofa, could we please grovels on floor enter two levels? :rolleyes:

Klublex

@lamkin, on Aug 30 2008, 05:08 AM, said in TBSE!:

Dang, if Edwards, gray, and Jaca (and Kasofa, of course) are all interested in this, perhaps I should come out of retirement. 😉

You need to come out of retirement? I need to come out of retirement. You haven't started yours yet! 😄

Ok, I'm in. Could you please post a new topic with all the rules and time allotments laid out in the first post? Cheers!

I have edited the main post to contain all the rules, and I will make a new topic when I have all the levels.
there is no set time limit at the moment, so I would get cracking on those levels before I decide otherwise. 😛

-K

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 01 September 2008 - 09:00 AM

Hm, I'd better dust off the editor...

Woo, Silverwind's in. Edit: Woo, and Tridash, too! This should be a pretty good contest, with all these people. Anyway, I've finished mine and sent it in to Kasofa. Had some trouble with h4xr, but it's attached to the PM now, so all should be good. My level's pretty simple, so don't anyone go expecting Forest Map 3. 😛

Also, I'd like to propose that this contest be officially named "The Best SketchMap Ever" contest. Largely 'cause I thought it was called that when I read the topic subtitle and named my map accordingly.

-Pi

This post has been edited by PiSketch : 01 September 2008 - 10:31 AM

I have a question, Kasofa. Can we delete some of the invisible walls?
(To replace them with other walls and such)

Half way done with my level,
Klublex

I suppose, if your just replacing them. but if you erase them, you need to either put them back or replace them, no holes for secret cheats!
hope this answers your question.

Kasofa1

Kasofa,
I'm assuming it's okay if I add a brief description for my level in addition to the level itself when I PM you, although I'm not sure it needs to be a ReadMe file...

Lamkin

Another question, Kasofa. You said earlier that you could go out of the arena for the race goal or ending of the level. Is that still a possibility?

Thanks,
Klublex

yes, but you may only do that if you almost instantly end, (i.e. no boss fights.)
Hope this helps

-K

Well, I've been really trying to get a certain level (for the contest) off the ground and playable, etc., but it's given me more problems and bugs than any other level I've worked on to date. I just don't think I'll have it in me to design something else from scratch, and it looks like this one I'm working on might never be ready. So, don't be surprised if nothing comes out of my corner. 😞

Lamkin

That stinks. You could PM it to me and I can do a bug check, (My level is already finished, so I won't steal from other people's levels.)
well, PiSketch is going to clean our clocks anyway, so all of our entries will be in vain. 😄
well, I hope you do manage to finish it!

-K

@kasofa1, on Sep 3 2008, 07:23 AM, said in TBSE!:

That stinks. You could PM it to me and I can do a bug check, (My level is already finished, so I won't steal from other people's levels.)
well, PiSketch is going to clean our clocks anyway, so all of our entries will be in vain. 😄
well, I hope you do manage to finish it!

-K

Kasofa1,
Thanks for offering. I've changed some things around and the level plays quite a bit better now, although it's still not very much fun or challenging. I'll submit what I have, but what I have ain't much. (I don't really care much about winning...It's just good to see so many people participating.)
Also, regarding the voting, I'm assuming you're going to have a poll where even those who haven't designed any levels can vote. (This is a serious question, so no more teasing about the voting process from me.) 🙂

If they have played the level, they will be able to vote, regardless of whether or not they have made one. (If they haven't, I wont be able to stop them) But I hope that they will play all of the levels before voting.
I hope this answers your question!

-K

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 03 September 2008 - 04:43 PM