Tank?

OK so I'm stuck... how does someone get past the tank in volcano...

Currently I have the lava ship, the red and yellow guns and the lazer beams. not to mention rockets. What more is there that I should have before i go to the tank dude.... what tactics should I use... thanks

It's hard, with all those mines and things. You realize that its only vulnerable spot is that little square in its back, right? So you have to keep circling behind it to shoot at that spot. The beam is good, but don't get too close, or it will pop mines out under you. Rockets probably help a lot; I didn't use them.

Try not to let the mines build up so much you have no room to manoeuvre, but as long as there aren't too many, you can ignore them and keep circling the tank. The mines fade away after a while anyway.

And luck helps. Sometimes the tank drops lots of mines, sometimes not so many; sometimes it shoots straight at you, and sometimes it gets sort of stuck against a wall and leaves its Achilles' tail exposed for a few long seconds. Keep trying, and eventually you'll get it.

I recommend getting close in behind it right off the bat and firing a whole bunch of missiles right into the square. This'll take off all or at least a large part of it's health, and then you can finish it off slower with the beam.

It's easy, once you know it's week spot. It's behind him, a little diamond. Destroy the mines and keep in back of him. I finished with 100%/200% health.

Indeed. In my case, it took lot of practices for me to defeat the Volcano Tank Boss. It is better to do the RaceTrack then defeat the Volcano Tank Boss.

@kauthor, on Dec 20 2006, 08:37 AM, said in Tank?:

Indeed. In my case, it took lot of practices for me to defeat the Volcano Tank Boss. It is better to do the RaceTrack then defeat the Volcano Tank Boss.

I agree 😛 I did first the race track, AND got the II ship. And I only used palets 😛 Between the palets and the beam, I prefer the palets 😛

This post has been edited by FireFalcon : 20 December 2006 - 11:15 AM