Interesting Note

I don't know if it's a glitch...

In 2P internet, Co-Op & Compet with my friend who goes by "Lord Bowler" ( <_< ) , my ship always has a bit more power then his. That is, if we pull in opposite directions, my ship wil win over his. We have tested to see if it is just the Red Ship has more power, but no, it's whatever ship i'm in. I don't know if the is a bug or not, which is why i'm not posting it in the SF4KA bugs topic. Any insight would be thanked.

Pi

I've actually noticed this a bit, too. When playing a 2P local game with both ships set to the same keys, one of the ships seems to be able to go faster than the other when telling them both to thrust forward. Not sure why.

This post has been edited by simX : 15 December 2006 - 11:29 PM

Hmm. I've never seen this before, so I'll report this to the beta list with a link to the topic.

EDIT: Lars mentioned it may be because you two have different refresh rates. The speed matches the refresh rate of your monitor.

From what I heard, this is intentional. It means that one player is weaker, so the stronger has to cover and protect the weaker.

This post has been edited by Arion : 16 December 2006 - 08:29 PM

@ Mack: I have my Refresh Rate set to 75 Hz, while his is 90. Would this cause the strength increace in my ship?

@ Arion: That would make sence. But this happens in Compet as well, so maybe not...

PLease excuse any/All spelling errors. Am tired.

@pisketch, on Dec 16 2006, 11:20 PM, said in Interesting Note:

@ Mack: I have my Refresh Rate set to 75 Hz, while his is 90. Would this cause the strength increace in my ship?

Not a strength increase, but a speed increase, if I'm understanding it right.

Hmm. In my case, it's only a noticible increase in my ships "pulling power," if you will. I'll check and see if it goes faster, as well.