Why the blue gun to deactivate the hot rock?

Split from SketchFighter Bugs

Maybe this isn't even an error, but I'll let you guys be the judge. In version 1, in the Volcano level, the glowing red rock that serves as a key to unlock a nearby star requires the blue gun to deactivate it, not the red as I would have thought. Did anybody else have this problem? It's pretty minor anyway, but still irksome.

@d-tastic, on Dec 7 2006, 03:58 PM, said in Why the blue gun to deactivate the hot rock?:

Maybe this isn't even an error, but I'll let you guys be the judge. In version 1, in the Volcano level, the glowing red rock that serves as a key to unlock a nearby star requires the blue gun to deactivate it, not the red as I would have thought. Did anybody else have this problem? It's pretty minor anyway, but still irksome.

It's meant to be that way. Think about it... Lava... ice..... 😉

@andcarne, on Dec 7 2006, 07:22 PM, said in Why the blue gun to deactivate the hot rock?:

I guess so. Maybe I was just frustrated...

@andcarne, on Dec 8 2006, 12:22 AM, said in Why the blue gun to deactivate the hot rock?:

Personally, I found that putting out the fire with ice confused me later on when you don't melt the snowflakes, but make them colder 😕 Took me forever to get that star.

xander

I second that.

I split these posts from the original topic to keep it clean; note I only did so because you had not been told before: future irrelevant posts to the bug topic will just be deleted.

The Ice to cool that lava is the same as the fire to melt the ice to get to the star in that area.

But its not always hot cold, obviously, since most of the keys are color coded. I don't consider it a bug.

@nebuchadnezzar, on Dec 8 2006, 12:48 PM, said in Why the blue gun to deactivate the hot rock?:

The Ice to cool that lava is the same as the fire to melt the ice to get to the star in that area.

But its not always hot cold, obviously, since most of the keys are color coded. I don't consider it a bug.

Yeah, that's what I was going with. It made sense to me, and seems to have been okay for most of the rest of the beta team, since it wasn't pointed out there. I guess it'll just click for some people and not for others, but that's to be expected.

Just to be clear, I wasn't complaining. Once I figured it out, it made sense. I am just a little slow, sometimes. 😕

xander