Advanced Tutorial stymies me

I'm trying out the game for the first time today, and while trying out the in-game tutorials have run into a bit of a problem. During the advanced tutorial, I don't seem to be able to go further. I connected the radar dish on the island I started on with the center island (seemed most logical) and moved everyone onto the center island. Then I captured the goal point and all of the spawn points.

Now, I can't do anything else. I can't connect any of the radar dishes to anything and I don't get any further advice. I'm sort of at a loss. I'm sure it's something obvious that I'm missing, but any help would be appreciated. None of the video tutorials on the website seemed to cover what I'm up against.

Omaha Sternberg
Host
iGame Radio
http://www.igameradio.com/

Keep hold of that hill zone until the timer runs out 🙂

QUOTE (prophile @ Mar 5 2009, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Keep hold of that hill zone until the timer runs out 🙂

Hey, thanks for your reply. But, the timer is going up, not down. 😞

Okay, I think that maybe I'm doing this tutorial wrong. So, in the advanced tutorial, I start on one of the outer ring islands. Then I aim the dish to the main island. I go to the main island. Then nothing else happens. No crates fall. No enemies come over. I just sit there and watch the timer go up and all is quiet.

My impression from your two comments is that this is not what is supposed to happen.

QUOTE (Omaha Sternberg @ Mar 7 2009, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, I think that maybe I'm doing this tutorial wrong. So, in the advanced tutorial, I start on one of the outer ring islands. Then I aim the dish to the main island. I go to the main island. Then nothing else happens. No crates fall. No enemies come over. I just sit there and watch the timer go up and all is quiet.

My impression from your two comments is that this is not what is supposed to happen.

You didn't get the messages to create an officer, make a formation, and take the center ring? (at which point stuff like yellow coming to the island and crates dropping and stuff happens)

Have you moved your troops into the gray zone with the spinning "fence"? That should trigger the next part of the tutorial.

I also had trouble with the second tutorial. Here is what happened:

I started with sending people across to the main island, then created a formation as told by the game, then moved people into the main circle. After a while a crate dropped and I was given an APC. I then sent people over to some of the vacant islands and took over the respawn points there, then I attacked the main yellow base with around 70 darwinians with my APC.

Then after the yellow player was out of assets, he started spamming me with meteor showers and dark forests 3 times a minute over and over. This never stopped. My APC was destroyed by the first meteor shower, so I had no way of reaching the red base. There was no timer on the level.

1000+ points and around 20 meteor storms later, I just quit.

This post has been edited by God 2.0 : 08 March 2009 - 12:37 PM

It gives you the armor so you can capture the island next to your starting point, then it instructs you to send troops back to the center island from the radar dish there. After that, it basically just wants you to hold the center island until time runs out.

If you do wipe out another player in any game, they basically get crate spawns such as dark forests and meteor showers to harass the players still in the game with, so that's what happened.

Really, once you understand stuff like radar dishes and spawnpoints for more multiwinians, you might find it a lot easier to learn the game by doing singleplayer mode and learning the different gametypes and maps.

I would suggest you retry the tutorial. This time follow all what is being said by the prompts and that will lead you to each point of the game which activates the next section. For instance you have to make formations and learn how to break them before a crate can be dropped. Which you need to gain it's contents to get across to activate the dish, which in turn starts the countdown... No dish activation, no countdown...

So, hope that helps.