Multiwinia Preview

@shenlon, on Nov 26 2007, 04:53 AM, said in Multiwinia Preview:

- DGs still fight with only lasers and grenades (come on, IV, give 'em some more weapons!)

Meh. I am not sure that more weapons would really be an improvement. They can hardly use 'nades without blowing themselves up, and you want to give them rockets? 😛

- No idea what those colored circle areas are...

If you are talking about the large colored circles, I believe that those are hills to be captured. The particular mode being played in the video is capture the hill, which means maintaining control of the hills for as long as possible.

- Destroy other team's buildings?

Would vary based upon settings, I assume.

Big question, though: Is there any type of plot, or is it just that Dr. Sepulveda got bored one day and wanted to see some DGs go at it?

IV have been very insistent that Multiwinia is not a sequel to Darwinia, and is in no way related, except aesthetically. Multiwinia is meant to be a multiplayer game, so I doubt that there will be any single player campaign, or a story.

xander

@darwinian, on Nov 26 2007, 10:06 AM, said in Multiwinia Preview:

Meh. I am not sure that more weapons would really be an improvement. They can hardly use 'nades without blowing themselves up, and you want to give them rockets? 😛

Yes! That would be sweet. DGs with rockets... could be safer, or more dangerous, depending on how they are used.

IV have been very insistent that Multiwinia is not a sequel to Darwinia, and is in no way related, except aesthetically. Multiwinia is meant to be a multiplayer game, so I doubt that there will be any single player campaign, or a story.

Ah, so no plot then. I guess my next question is: Why are IV so insistent that it's not a sequel? I mainly ask that because it's definitely going to be seen as a sequel, no matter what IV says.

If Introversion says 2+2=5, then 2+2=5.

I've played Darwinia and Darwinia 2. I liked both and I'm really looking forward to seeing this. I remember I spent hours killing red Darwinians with a scout squad and making a huge army of green Darwinians that took over 7 minutes to transfer through the satelite line. I won the battle easily, then before loading them onto the rocket, blew up seemingly hundreds of them with a grenade. It was fun. I can't wait for this to come out.

"Darwinia 2"?

I downloaded something from the games page and the folder says "DarwiniaDemo2" It's definately different from the first time I downloaded a Darwinia game. I think it was the games page, or Download.com. Either way it's a Darwinia game. Maybe not an Ambrosia Software Darwinia game, but still Darwinia. Search for it. You'll find it eventually.

This post has been edited by isword : 01 December 2007 - 11:15 PM

@isword, on Dec 2 2007, 04:13 AM, said in Multiwinia Preview:

I downloaded something from the games page and the folder says "DarwiniaDemo2" It's definately different from the first time I downloaded a Darwinia game. I think it was the games page, or Download.com. Either way it's a Darwinia game. Maybe not an Ambrosia Software Darwinia game, but still Darwinia. Search for it. You'll find it eventually.

When Darwinia was released, IV used "Mine" as a demo level. Before releasing on Steam, they created a new demo. That is Demo2. It is not Darwinia 2, it is just a new demo level. Additionally, when the Vista compatible 1.5 patch came out, a few more levels were introduced in the form of a mod called "Perdition." Perdition introduced many of the new modding features that were added for 1.5. None of these things are "Darwinia 2" -- only extensions of the original game.

xander

DarwiniaDemo2 as in the second demo for Darwinia.

@darwinian, on Dec 2 2007, 01:33 AM, said in Multiwinia Preview:

When Darwinia was released, IV used "Mine" as a demo level. Before releasing on Steam, they created a new demo. That is Demo2. It is not Darwinia 2, it is just a new demo level. Additionally, when the Vista compatible 1.5 patch came out, a few more levels were introduced in the form of a mod called "Perdition." Perdition introduced many of the new modding features that were added for 1.5. None of these things are "Darwinia 2" -- only extensions of the original game.

xander

Then that's what I downloaded. Thanks for clarifying.