weird text problems

may be due to my bad system specs

All the text in the game is just a bunch of incoherent lines and dots. Mostly no text at all. This may be because I am running it on an iMac DVSE. Since the system requirements was a very vague field, I decided to try the game. The game starts up fine and the rest of the graphics are fine. Sorry if this was already posted, but I couldn't find anything.

Actually, we have encountered one other person with this problem, but they seem to have disappeared and we never did find a solution. (For reference, the other topic is here. It's not in the Darwinia forum though, so I don't blame you for not finding it.)

What version of Mac OS X are you running? Are you using a different localization then English? Any custom fonts?

I'd really like to get down to the bottom of this.

I am using OSX 10.2.8. English and no custom fonts. Should I change my settings to something else?

evilpseudoalex, on May 25 2005, 01:51 PM, said:

All the text in the game is just a bunch of incoherent lines and dots. Mostly no text at all. This may be because I am running it on an iMac DVSE. Since the system requirements was a very vague field, I decided to try the game. The game starts up fine and the rest of the graphics are fine. Sorry if this was already posted, but I couldn't find anything.
View Post

Lines and dots? Its in Morse Code. There is a font that does that.
Sorry that I dont know how to fix it.
You could get a Morse Code referance book so you can read it.

Its not Morse code. The text is replaced with lines and dots that are not in a specific order.