EV/EVO Chronicles: Escape Velocity Volume One revised version

I took some of you advice and revised this today. Critisism needed. Thank you, and enjoy.

EVula's Note: There is a note from me about the EV Chronicles in general in this topic, should anyone care to read it.

-------------------

Escape Velocity
Volume I

Chapter I
The Beginning

Harper flew his new Shuttlecraft, the S.S. Hairball, into the space Dock of Zaxted Starport. Dark haired, dark eyed, and taller than average 35 year-olds, he looked around, and decided to go to the shipyard and check out the prices for when he would buy a new ship.
He started browsing, and finally after about an hour, he decided that his next step would be either to buy a Scoutship, a Courier, or a Defender, but the reason he took so long was because he spent about 30 minutes dreaming of flying an Argosy. He was about to leave, when he heard a call:
“There’s one! Get ‘im!” Instinctively, he reached for his Proton pistol, but It was too late.
SMACK! He was hit to the floor. He had a few last fleeting glimpses of cops with hand held Neutron Blasters arresting the men, and then fainted. He woke up in the Zaxted Starport hospital a few hours later and was informed that the men had been pirates, looking for his money, and that they had been arrested and were in a jail cell. Satisfied, he got up and started walking toward the Spaceport Bar. When he got there, he walked in, bought a drink, and seated himself at a table. Suddenly, an alarm rang and a voice came on over the intercom saying,
“All hands to ships! Pirate raid approaching!”
He sprinted down the halls of the Space Station; past the Shipyard and Trade Center and found the Outfitter. He bought two Laser Cannons and started to install them onto his ship. Cursing, he threw down the wrench he was holding. He couldn’t do it.
Then a man flanked by two beefy-but-dumb looking body gaurds walked into the Outfitter.
“Need some help there?” he asked. Relieved, Harper just nodded and didn’t even bother to ask the man’s name. Within fifteen minutes there were two serrated spearlike things sticking out of his shuttlecraft: modern Laser Cannons. He dove into his ship with a quick,
“Thank you,” to the man, and blasted off.
There were ships of all sorts including: Defenders, Argosies, a few Corvettes, a Kestrel, and even a few Scoutships, plus himself. Harper figured he looked pretty dumb sitting out there with a shuttle and two Lasers, so he decided to prove himself by destroying a Defender.
Finally, after hours of fighting, the pirates were gone, but the militia had been cut practically in half. He landed.
A group of men rushed at him, thanked him very much, and gave him a credistick for 50,000 credits.
Harper decided to go to the mission computer and start scrapping up money. He had decided that he would buy a Scoutship when he had enough.
He saw: Urgent delivery to Palshife in the Satori system, and immediately accepted it. He went back along the now-familiar path to the Outfitter, and bought two External Fuel Tanks and a Ramscoop. Then he went to the shipyard to find out the price of a Scoutship. It was 60,000 credits.
“I have 15,000 left, and the mission pays 60,000 so I’ll get the ship after this mission.” he said. He left and took off.
He accessed his map, and plotted a course from Zaxted to Satori. Then he hit the jump button, and started going. The ride was bumpy, but he soon got used to it and went to his Captains’ Quarters. After that, the day’s routine was pretty simple: wake up, eat concentrated nutrient pellets for breakfast lunch and dinner, and destroy asteroids in his path.
A few days later, the simulated computer voice made him jump by saying,
-You have arrived at Palshife in the Satori system. -
“Who’s there?!” he demanded before realizing that it was the computer. He sent out a hail to the planet and asked traffic control for clearance to land. Soon a voice crackled over the intercom.
“Ok you’re clear for landing. Welcome to Palshife.” He landed and a group of dockworkers rushed at his ship and unloaded the cargo. Then an important looking official walked up to him.
“Would you like to be paid now, or would you like it directly into your account?” he asked
“Account on Zaxted Starport please.” he answered cooly.
“By the way,” said the official. “You probably know the Confederation hates you by now, or at least they will as soon as they get wind that you helped us. Once you have a better ship; at least a Clipper, you’re welcome to join the Rebel Military.
“It’ll take some time before I get a Clipper, but I’d be honored,” Harper said.
“Well that's OK with me. Just come to the Spaceport Bar when you’re ready to join.” he said and walked away.
Harper walked back to his ship and took off.
“Computer: set the shortest course you can for Zaxted Starport.” he said.
-Affirmative.- He went to his quarters on the ship and decided to eat about 20 nutrient pellets and then sleep the whole time. He did so. He awoke some days later to the sound of the computer voice saying,
-You have arrived at Zaxted Starport in the Zaxted system.-
He jumped out of bed, got dressed and ran straight to the shipyard.
“Hey clerk! CLERK! Over here!” he yelled and bought one with 15,000 credits leftover.
Harper decided to go to the outfitter and buy Proton Cannons instead of Laser Cannons. He did so and then went back to the mission computer. In it was: Rebel delivery to Turin V, and Urgent delivery to Palshife. He immediately went for the Urgent delivery planning on getting an easy 60,000 and start saving up for his Clipper. He accepted it and went back to his ship. He once again plotted a course to Satori. He then was about to hit the jump button when suddenly, His red alert button began to beep, the klaxon on the wall began to wail and his computer repeated:
-Code Red.- -Enemy vessel sighted.- -Code Red.- -Enemy vessel sighted.- -Code Red.-
He jumped to the tactical section of his ship and powered up the Proton Cannons.
“Computer,” he yelled. “Visual on the enemy ship!”
-Acknowledged.- It was a Defender.
“Oh, good, it’s a puny ship,” said Harper. He aimed his hull towards the attacking Defender and started firing. The ship came incredibly quickly firing Laser Cannons, and ran right into the Proton shots. It passed and turned around for another run. He looked at the Defender’s shield reading from his sensors. They were at 37%. He turned to match his hull to the Defender again and fired over and over again. This time the Defender was destroyed. His computer said,
-The enemy ship(s) have been destroyed.-
“Good,” he said. Then he looked at his own shields. Instead of a percentage, it said: “Shields Down.” He then landed.
A group of dockworkers, politicians, and repairmen came rushing at him.
“We saw you on our traffic control sensors having a bad fight with a Pirate Defender.” said the politicians.
“Are you OK?” The dockworkers kept asking. The repairmen started to inspect and fix his ship.
“I’m fine,” Harper said. Then an important looking government official walked down to him accompanied by two security officers. He immediatly recognized him as the man who had helped him with the Laser Cannons.
“I’m a bounty hunter by the name of Stud Beefpile,” he said. “And you are?”
“Harper,” he said. “Jacob Harper.” “We got wind that you just destroyed the long wanted pirate known as “Junkyard Dog,” Stud said.
“Well I did just destroy a Defender, but I never looked at what the ship was named,” he said.
“Whatever you say, but there have been posters for a 400,000 credit reward to whoever destroyed the Junkyard Dog.” Stud said.
“Well it was only a Defen-” Suddenly the repairmen interrupted saying,
“Your ship is now in perfect condition sir.”
“Not a scratch on it” added another.
“Good,” said Harper. “Now as I was saying, it was only a Defender, so I don’t think I deserve 400,000 credits.” Stud said,
“He has been known to attack and raid in all ships including Kestrels.” “Well if you insist...”

Chapter II
The Rebellion

“I do” He then shoved 400,000 credits into Harper’s hand.
Harper took the 400,000 credits completely amazed at his luck.
“It was a Defender,” he said.
“But it was a very long wanted pirate!” objected Stud Beefpile.
“If you say so,” said Harper vaguely. He rushed to the shipyard and bought a Clipper. Then he ran to the Outfitter and bought one more Proton Cannon so he had four, a Ramscoop, two External Fuel Tanks, a Density Scanner, an I.D. Sensor, and more Javelin Rockets so he had 400. He had 70,000 credits left. Then he blasted off from the starport.
Suddenly he remembered that he had a rush delivery. He said,
“Computer, set a course to the Satori system, maximum speed, shortest route.”
- Affirmative. -
He hit the jump button and when he got to there, there was a small dogfight going on between two Confederate Patrol Ships and a Rebel Manta. He ran to the tactical section of his ship and yelled to his new crewman named Bellerophon,
“You! Take the helm. Bring us around to the Patrol Ship that is now threatening the Manta!”
“Aye captain!” He powered up the Proton Cannons, and armed the fore Javelin Rocket Pod.
“Pointing our hull at theirs!” shouted Bellerophon. Harper started firing Javelin Rockets and Proton Cannons.
“Full impulse at the patrol ship!” he yelled.
“Aye captain” Replied Bellerophon. Harper kept firing. Suddenly the alarm began to wail as one of the patrol ships turned to space dust.
“Sir, the other patrol ship is heading for us!” said Bellerophon.
“Computer, visual on the attacking ship!” cried Harper.
-Acknowledged.-
“Bellerophon, get our hull pointing either away from theirs or into theirs!”
“Aye!”
They pointed away from the direction that the Patrol Ship was charging. It came in for a run, and hit their engines with Proton Cannons. They only had to sustain minor damage. When the Patrol Ship had passed, Harper fired. The Patrol Ship was annihilated. Harper powered down the Proton Cannons and disarmed the Javelin Rockets.
“Bellerophon, from now on, call me Harper.”
“Yes sir.” Then he landed.
A group of dockworkers and a few military officials walked towards Harper. He noticed one of them was the Rebel official that had offered him into the Rebel military.
“Would you like to join the Rebel Military? I noticed you have a Clipper now.”
“It would be an honor,” Harper said sarcastically. “Yes,” he added as an afterthought.
The dockworkers shuffled past with boxes of whatever equipment was in them. And that was how Harper became a great asset to the Rebellion.

• Harper and Bellerophon went to the spaceport bar. They bought drinks and settled at a table. They had learned that the military official’s name was Rick Hardslab. He came walking up and started briefing them on their next mission.
                            “Now remember,” he said. “This is a spying mission. If at all possible do not engage the confederation. If you must, use only Proton Cannons in the air, and a very low setting on your Proton pistol on the ground. The mission pays 600,000 credits if completely successful,” he said. “OK, when do we start?” asked Bellerophon. “Tomorrow,” replied Rick.
                            The next day, Bellerophon and Harper sat in the new Clipper.
                            “OK, you’re cleared for takeoff!” said Rick. They blasted off and plotted a course to the planet Earth. When they got there, they put on the disguises that Rick had provided for them. They landed in a place in the outskirts of the continent called Australia. They walked into the bar, and casually started asking about the Confederate Military as if they wanted to join. After a few hours of this, they finally wormed a bit of information out of a security officer. He said that they were making a new weapon that they were going to call the “Particle Beam.”
                            They ran back to the Clipper that Bellerophon and Harper had agreed on calling the Junkyard Dog II. They plotted a course back to Palshife and when they got back, they changed out of the Confederation delivery suites, and ran to the bar looking for Rick.
                            “Find out anything interesting?” asked Rick
                            “Yes,” answered Harper simply. He then told him everything he new about the Particle Beam.
                            Rick quickly assembled a task force of Rebel ships, and paid them each 600,000 credits.

Chapter III
The Attack

Training practice was going hard in Harper’s rented Rebel Destroyer. He was used to being the one pushing the buttons, now he was the one giving orders as he had a crew of 250 people. Furthermore, he was used to cannons, not turrets.
“Warm up Proton Turrets! Fire on that asteroid!” he would yell, only to get a response of,
“Sir, our turrets are designed to target ships, not asteroids.” Eventually though, he got used to it, and reported his progress to Rick. “I think I’ve got the hang of it now.” he said.
“Good,” replied Rick. “I think you’re ready for the surgical strike.”

Meanwhile back at the Confederation HQ, the guard was reporting the “extremely nosy people at the bar.”
“I was at my post and I saw these people talking to everyone in the bar. Then they started asking me questions about ‘anything new going on?’”
“Rebel spies no doubt. Did you tell them about the Particle Beam?”
The guard fidgeted nervously in his seat. “YOU TOLD THEM?” The official demanded. “Hurry, prep the gaurds at the Science Facility; and assemble a fleet of every Confederate ship it the area!”
“Aye sir,” the guard said.

“OK, this is your Wing Commander, Rick Hardslab,” he said. “Does everyone copy?”
“Blue Leader to Wing Commander, copy that,” replied Harper followed by a hail of “copy that”s and “copy”s from everyone else. The Manta squad were called “Red,” the destroyers called “Blue,” and the Cruisers called “Gold.” There were 20 mantas under the command of Red Leader starting at “Red one,” all the way up to, “Red twenty.” There were 10 destroyers under the command of Blue Leader, who was Harper, starting from “Blue one,” all the way up to, “Blue ten.” There were 5 Cruisers under the command of Gold Leader, starting at “Gold one,” up to “Gold five.” When the manta’s were launched, the would keep under the command of Red Leader unless and until a Cruiser called recalled them to the launch bay for repairs and restocks. And then there was Wing Commander in his Rebel Flagship who was Rick, with the leaders under his command.
“Now, if anyone in an original Manta succeeds in launching an escape pod to the surface, notify me and try to look inconspicuous. There was another hail of “copy that”s and “copy”s. “Good. Now, everyone plot a course to Earth, and prepare for mass destruction!!!”

The blockade was coming along very well. Already there were 6 Frigates, 2 Cruisers, a scramble of Patrol Ships and Gunboats, and a Flagship who was the Wing Commander. They weren’t as organized as the Rebels, but they had almost as much firepower.
It happened out of nowhere. Planetary Traffic Control sensors detected multiple hyperspace events and identified the ships as Rebel warships.
“Whoooo hoo hoo!” shouted Rick over the intercom. “Let’s give these ‘feds a piece of our mind! Gold leader, launch all fighters and set them on a route to engage the Patrol Ships and Gunboats. Then meet me at Mars!”
“Copy that!” said Gold Leader.
“Blue leader! Harass the cruisers with missiles, and engage the frigates when your tubes are empty.”
“Copy that!” cried Harper.
“Red Leader, send all fighters to Earth and order them to destroy any fighters or gunboats in their way!”
“Aye, Wing Commander!” replied the Red Leader.
The Destroyers were launching massive vollies of missiles at the Cruisers, and one was already destroyed. Rick came over the intercom again saying,
“When targets are destroyed, regroup at Mars!” There was a hail of “Affirmative, Wing Commander!”s from the fleet.”
The Patrol Ships and Gunboat were now attacking the Rebel Destroyers, but their Proton shots did little more that phaze the shields a bit, or for the Destroyers with their shields downed, send showers of sparks flying of the hull leaving scorch marks.
The Mantas were pursuing the fighters though; their Swivel Laser Cannons were blasting away chunks of metal from the patrol ships’ hulls, and all of the Confederate fighters were soon annihilated.
The original Mantas were now self destructing and launching escape pods for earth. The launched mantas were now streaking at full speed towards Mars.
Soon five out of the six Confederate Frigates were destroyed, both the Cruisers, and all of the fighters. The Rebel Destroyers were engaging the last Frigate with heavy Proton fire and it was soon destroyed.
Now all of the ships were pooled at Mars, and the Confederate Flagship, (the C.S.S. Vengeance) was lumbering towards them firing all it’s torpedoes away at the mess of ships, which had little effect.
Suddenly there was a swarm of shouting voices over the intercom.
“Red 3 to Wing Commander, I have safely landed on the planet!” and,
“Red 7 to Wing Commander, sir I made it, and I’m ready for orders.”
“Stand by!” ordered Rick. “Everyone, launch the best weapons you have at the C.S.S. Vengeance! When you are out, use your next best weapon!. When your secondaries are depleted, move in and blast away with primaries!”
“Copy that Wing Commander!” everyone said at once.
The Mantas immediately swarmed forwards and nibbled away at the shields while the Cruisers and Destroyers swamped it with Torpedo and Heavy rocket fire. Soon it’s shields were gone, and it’s armor was going fast with the vicious amount of Proton and Laser fire it was receiving.
Finally, the engines gave one big flare, and gave out entirely while small explosions were heard and seen outside of it’s hull. All of the ships flew away at top speed as to avoid debris. The surgical strike had been successful.

Chapter IV
The Defectors

The Confederation had suffered heavy losses. Their blockade had been annihilated, along with one of their best flagships, the C.S.S. Vengeance. Also, traffic control was reading several armed Rebels in polarizedAnti - Rad suits coming towards the science facility.
“G 1, this is commander 5. Come in!”
“Copy that commander,” said a guard at the facility.
“Prep all your troops for battle. Our blockade has been defeated.”
“The Vengeance and all?”
“Yes. You have your orders. commander 5 out.”
The guard started walking among his men telling them to set their weapons to the best setting: Gamma Rays.
Suddenly, the guard saw several men it suits running towards them. The men started yelling barbarically and shooting red blasts from their Neutron Rifles. The guards returned thin green beams of fire with their Gamma Rays, having no effect.
“Red Leader, this is Wing Commander! Order your troops to kill all guards and bust into the science facility. Hail me when you’re in.
“Copy that Wing Commander!” yelled Red Leader over the intercom.
The battle lasted about five minutes before all of the guards lay dead or dying, with holes burnt somewhere in their armor.
“Wing Commander, this is Red Leader, come in!” he yelled.
“Copy, Red Leader.” replied Rick calmly.
“We’re ready to bust in. All guards are dead or dying, and the alarm systems have been destroyed.”
“Ready when you are. Maintain radio silence unless you’re in trouble or your objective is completed.
“Copy that. All men, set your rifles to highest setting. On the count of three, fire copiously! One, two, THREE!”
There was an almighty blast of blue light, and a loud explosion, then a slow creaking as the door fell off it’s hinges and fell down.
There were many scientists inside, and one commander. A scientist who looked like the leader was reporting to the commander.
“The Particle Beam is finished,” he said.
Suddenly, the commander fell dead with a hole where his badge should have been, and purple sparks eating away at the uniform. The head scientist was forced up against the wall, along with the other men there.
“We’re here to take the Particle Beam,” said Red Leader. “You will not talk to anyone about this, or you and your men will die.
“My name is Shane Merrol, and you can keep it. I don’t want it; in fact I’m an involantary addition to the Confederation. I want to be a Rebel,” he said simply.
“Should we really trust that potential bucket of lies he just told us?” muttered Red 6 to Red Leader.
“I don’t know, we’ll keep ‘im with us under cover of a gun.” Red Leader replied. “Shane, you will come with us along with your friends and join the Rebellion, fulfilling your dreams, if that was really the truth, and not just a layer of bull.
“Thank you,” he said, before having a Neutron Rifle pointed at his head.
“Wing Commander this is Red Leader, we have captured the scientists, and secured the beam. If you don’t mind, we could all use a lift.”
“Copy tha- wait!, stand by, we’ve got a small squad of Patrol Ships and Gunboats coming our way. We’ll be down in a sec.”
The Gunboats started launching Heavy Rockets, as the Patrol Ships did missiles.”
The Destroyers, led by Harper, swarmed forward and engaged them with heavy Proton fire. The squad was quickly annihilated.
But that proved only to be a distraction. For on the planet, there was a small squad of guards, backed by 2 Heavy Laser Batteries, HLBs for short, and a commander, standing in the doorway of the facility.

Chapter V
The Trap

The Destroyers and Mantas started streaking for Earth, destroying debris, and entering the atmosphere.
“Stay back, or your scientists die!” said Red Leader, flashing a small wink at Shane.
“Oh, we think that you, and all of your little rebel friends would be dead before your brain sent the message to your finger to pull the trigger, should we attack,” said the commander.
“Honorable statement, but it isn’t true, I’m afraid,” replied Red Leader bravely, and opened fire. Five out of the six guards fell dead, with small holes in their chests. The remaining guard was knocked over by a body, and shot. The commander, who was cowardly in dangerous situations, fled, only to be crushed by the wheel of one of the advancing HLBs.
Suddenly, 11 Rebel Destroyers, and 20 Mantas swooped down through the open roof, and opened Proton fire on the HLBs, which were quickly annihilated. Then they extended ramps, scooped up the Particle Beam, and the men, severely radiation poisoned, jumped on and collapsed.
The ships blasted back off of Earth, and jumped back to Palshife. They had succeeded in stealing the Particle Beam.

Chapter VI
The Particle Beam

Everyone was safe and sound, but the ground team back at Rebel HQ on Palshife. They were being treated for the radiation poisoning that the Proton Cannons had caused. They would be all right, but would have to recover in the hospital for about a week each.
Mostly everyone though, was whistling happily in the shipyard or the outfitter, trying to decide how to spend 2,000,000 credits.
Harper had been given the Rebel Destroyer, along with his 2,000,000 credits, as an honor award for leading the Rebellion to the Particle Beam. It was now called the R.S.S. Supernova, outfitted with: four Proton Turrets, four Neutron Blasters, one Manta Bay and three Mantas, An experimental Particle Beam, one Space Bomb Launcher and 10 Space bombs, two Torpedo Tubes and 20 Torpedoes, all of the Speed, Armor, and Shielding upgrades possible, and all of the expected upgrades like a Ramscoop, and a Density Scanner.
Shane, was now Chief Scientist for the Rebellion, and was starting to build something he called a “Tractor Beam.”
The Rebellion was sending Field Testers out in Destroyers to use the Particle Beams on asteroids, and if they were lucky, pirates in the system. It was working beautifully so far, and of course Harper and the R.S.S. Supernova, were first to be asked to test it.
Bellerophon was of course the Tactical Officer on the Supernova, and loved his job.
But little did Harper know, the mission that he was about to be assigned. The Particle Beam could help, but not as much as maneuverable ship, and an obedient crew.
arper was assigned to seek out and destroy the one remaining Alien Battlecruiser from the legendary Alien Wars that had been found.

Chapter VII
The Aliens

“We need you to find that Alien Cruiser,” Rick was saying. “Do you have any idea how much destruction that thing could cause if it is not stopped now? It could destroy entire worlds!”
“Like I said, I’m willing to do the mission, but I just can’t stop thinking about how dangerous it could be,” said Harper. But he accepted the mission nontheless.

To Be Continued...
...in Escape Velocity Volume Two

(This message has been edited by EVula (edited 01-26-2004).)

Some of you may have noticed the change in schedule for the EV Chronicles. I'm running out of (totally acceptable) Chronicle submissions, and as a result, I've stopped posting two a week. This week will be different, since there is this story, which has been posted a couple of other times, and then there is a story that is pending that is too short for a full week, so I'll be posting that Friday.

Next week, I've got a full story to put up, but after that, I'm going to start releasing the dozen different extremely short stories that have been submitted to the Chronicles (and denied due to their length, or lack thereof), probably one a day (depending on what the final count is on them). After that, well... dunno.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.evula.com/")EVula,(/url) your friendly (url="http://"http://www.evula.com/")self-promoting(/url) EV & EVO Boards/Addon/Newswire/Chronicles moderator
(url="http://"http://www.evula.com/")evula.com(/url) | (url="http://"http://www.evula.net/")evula.net(/url) | (url="http://"http://www.evula.org/")evula.org(/url) | (url="http://"http://www.ev-nova.net/")ev-nova.net(/url)
(url="http://"http://pftn.evula.net")pftn(/url) | (url="http://"http://dreamwave.evula.net")dreamwave(/url) | (url="http://"http://davidarthur.evula.net")davidarthur(/url) | (url="http://"http://ucplugs.evula.net")ucplugs(/url) | (url="http://"http://stark.evula.net")stark(/url)
(url="http://"http://forums.evula.com/")forums.evula.com(/url) - (url="http://"http://store.evula.com/")store.evula.com(/url) - (url="http://"http://blog.evula.net/")blog.evula.net(/url)

If things get too desperate, I'll be willing to write another story for the Chronicles.

------------------
Retribution: An Upcoming Plug-in for EVN.
Visit the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number;=20&SUBMIT;=Go")Chronicles(/url) today! Be sure to read the short story ' (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/ubb/newsdisplay.cgi?action=topics &number;=20&forum;=*EV/EVO+chronicles&DaysPrune;=100&article;=000262&startpoint;=")Fiery Descent(/url)'!
(url="http://"http://www.cwssoftware.com")Sephil Saga(/url): An upcoming TC, visit the web page today.| | | Both the best and the worst plug-in editor for Windows! (url="http://"http://www.aznt.com/EVN/EVNEW")EVNEW(/url)!

Originally posted by disco:
**I took some of you advice and revised this today. Critisism needed. Thank you, and enjoy.

EVula's Note: There is a note from me about the EV Chronicles in general in this topic, should anyone care to read it.

I read the first version and I definently think this one is better. the story still seems to proggress too fast though.

------------------

Originally posted by EVula:
**Some of you may have noticed the change in schedule for the EV Chronicles. I'm running out of (totally acceptable) Chronicle submissions.

If it's worth it, you probably read that I wrote my last story on a spu-of-the-moment thing. If it would help at all to not post that, I could revise it, lengthen, edit it

------------------

Well, if it helps, my (rather long) story is almost ready to be posted.

------------------

Bah, I ought to be finishing up a story soon... sometime. Life's being a pain in the ass as of late.

------------------
Man have pity on man

Originally posted by Jas86:
**Bah, I ought to be finishing up a story soon... sometime. Life's being a pain in the ass as of late.

Exactly.

------------------
Ie amh thuh ilitterit rietur.
Kimi wa baka desu.

Better, disco, better. Keep working.

EVula: Back from Saudi Arabia on the 10th, so around then I'll get a few more stories out to you. Would you be interested in posting some "#ev3 in the 23rd Century" to fill in some gaps?

Cheers,
Guapo

------------------
"Quote it, paraphrase it, soak it in peanut oil and set it on fire. I don't mind in the least." - forge
Founding Member of WORRPBOITAMPSH (url="http://"http://www.freeminz.com/php/forum/index.php") FreeminZ.com - a forum with no posts, no users, and no reason for being! Join Today!(/url) (url="http://"http://guapohq.jonpearse.net")GuapoHQ - for all your Guapo needs(/url) (url="http://"http://insanekp.tripod.com")The Insane Klown Posse Website!!!(/url)
(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum10/HTML/002301.html")Darkest Hour – An EV/O Saga(/url) (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/dl-redirect.pl?path=evo/guides&file;=TechFolder.sit")Captain Canardley Ableson's Technical Guide to the EV/O Universe(/url)

Hmm...I was thinking of writing a story anyway. Let's hope I don't get the spotlight three times in a row again. 😛

The issue is a plot...ah, well. I'll come up with something.

------------------
The programmer's code of entomology: there's always another bug.
Windows users: stop asking for plugins. (url="http://"http://www.aznt.com/EVN/EVNEW/")Make one yourself.(/url)
(url="http://"http://www.cwssoftware.com")Sephil Saga Website(/url)
(url="http://"http://www.evula.org/infernostudios/search.html")Add-ons Search Engine(/url)

That's it. I think more Retribution-related material is in order :p.

------------------
Retribution: An Upcoming Plug-in for EVN.
Visit the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number;=20&SUBMIT;=Go")Chronicles(/url) today! Be sure to read the short story ' (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/ubb/newsdisplay.cgi?action=topics &number;=20&forum;=*EV/EVO+chronicles&DaysPrune;=100&article;=000262&startpoint;=")Fiery Descent(/url)'!
(url="http://"http://www.cwssoftware.com")Sephil Saga(/url): An upcoming TC, visit the web page today.| | | Both the best and the worst plug-in editor for Windows! (url="http://"http://www.aznt.com/EVN/EVNEW")EVNEW(/url)!

Originally posted by orcaloverbri9:

The issue is a plot...

You mean you can use PLOTS? No way! 😛

------------------
"Quote it, paraphrase it, soak it in peanut oil and set it on fire. I don't mind in the least." - forge
Founding Member of WORRPBOITAMPSH (url="http://"http://www.freeminz.com/php/forum/index.php") FreeminZ.com - a forum with no posts, no users, and no reason for being! Join Today!(/url) (url="http://"http://guapohq.jonpearse.net")GuapoHQ - for all your Guapo needs(/url) (url="http://"http://insanekp.tripod.com")The Insane Klown Posse Website!!!(/url)
(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum10/HTML/002301.html")Darkest Hour – An EV/O Saga(/url) (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/dl-redirect.pl?path=evo/guides&file;=TechFolder.sit")Captain Canardley Ableson's Technical Guide to the EV/O Universe(/url)

How did you come up with the name Bellerapon? I was wondering because I had a relative as a captain of the HMS Bellerophon in the Napolionic war, is that when you got the name?