Antares 0.5.1 Released

Sounds like Antares is getting a good stress test 🙂

@pallas-athene, on 05 March 2012 - 09:19 PM, said in Antares 0.5.1 Released:

Well, I've got a functional version of "It's War", but Antares is crashing on "In Deep and Sinking Fast". I suspect it's never had to handle so many objects before.

I kept all of my Ares stuff so I could upload a copy of the final versions of my other two plugs: "Audemedon Crisis" and "It's War part 2".

I can also take a look at "In Deep and Sinking Fast" and reduce the number of objects in the level. And I can have a look at other levels to see what the object count on them is.
I have several functioning OS9 machines, so it ought to be easy enough to revamp my Ares plugs to make them Antares-friendly.

Let me know if you would be interested in this.

@lord-commander-anic, on 13 March 2012 - 05:26 PM, said in Antares 0.5.1 Released:

I kept all of my Ares stuff so I could upload a copy of the final versions of my other two plugs: "Audemedon Crisis" and "It's War part 2".

Assuming the versions in "Ares Addons" are final, I have those too, along with most (maybe not all) of those Grenth listed.

I can also take a look at "In Deep and Sinking Fast" and reduce the number of objects in the level. And I can have a look at other levels to see what the object count on them is.
I have several functioning OS9 machines, so it ought to be easy enough to revamp my Ares plugs to make them Antares-friendly.

Let me know if you would be interested in this.

The object count is just a theory, and in any case, Antares needs to not crash when there are lots of objects, so I'll have to fix this anyway.

@pallas-athene, on 14 March 2012 - 07:11 PM, said in Antares 0.5.1 Released:

Assuming the versions in "Ares Addons" are final

They are.

Um, an upgrade to Lion is, er interesting. I tried it, it crashed, I dumped it!

Sorry, only recently got around to doing this. Here are a few to try:

Audemedon-Crisis-1.0.antaresplugin
Its-War-2-1.0.6.80.antaresplugin
The-Rogue-1.0.4.antaresplugin

I haven't been able to test them very much, because frankly, they are above my skill level.

Nice work.

@pallas-athene, on 21 August 2012 - 09:46 PM, said in Antares 0.5.1 Released:

I haven't been able to test them very much, because frankly, they are above my skill level.

I'll give them a spin and see how they go.

Slightly modified versions up. Same links.

+1 for the request to convert Cold Days and Long Nights. I'm the author, and it would be a crazy nostalgia trip to be able to play it again!