The Officer's Club Bar #7

Holy trazer-wielding, five-legged trash cans, batman! I never thought I'd see Cicion here again!

I'll take a Crisis Cocktail, no shaking or stirring.

Great maker! I never thought I'd see the likes of you again either, Sarg. These absences of mine have gotten longer and longer, but it's my hope to stick around for at least a little while this time. Now let's see, I haven't made a Crisis Cocktail in a while...

Ah, yes. Pint of stout, two shots of Irish whiskey and a shot of absynthe, with a grenade in it.

The droids start clearing out the skeletons of former patrons and dusting the tables off. Lights come back on.

Yeah, you are a bit rusty; you forgot to pull the pin (hence the "crisis" part).

pulls the pin, slams the drink, and throws the grenade filled glass towards a lonely corner where Darkk, Pallas and Pharris once lurked.

Anic ducks to avoid the granade filled glass and drains drink.

Place is sure becommin lively again.

Throws empty glass after Sarg's in a burst of enthusiasm.

Sighs and pours himself a dram of scotch. This always happens when someone orders a CC. Cleandroids?

A pair of chrome-plated cleaner droids approaches the blackened, glass-covered corner of the bar and begins sweeping up glass and table fragments. A third droid starts doing the Charleston. Hmm... Well, I suppose it's understandable that some of their programming's gone a bit wonky.

Well, at least it does keep the cleaner bots from rusting away too quickly.

I'll have another whatever it was that I was drinking please.

Here you are. Fixes Anic a whatever-it-was. Hope you enjoy... er... whatever it is. A pair of maintenance droids begin doing the dance to Smooth Criminal. Wow, when did all of this dance programming get into their memory? Guess it serves me right for neglecting the place.

Perhaps they've been moonlighting at cabaret bar somewhere and picked up a dance virus of some kind...
At least they seem to be coping with it alright. I rekon you should reboot them with a memory flush, just to be on the safe side though.

One of the bots danced by in a Santa Claus hat...
Um, may I be the first to say "Merry Christmas", (Looks around) and possibly the last too.

Indeed sir, merry may it be. The droids start hanging Christmas lighting all around the bar, and one wheels in a tree from the storage room, placing it in a corner. Well now, that's a nice touch. Nice to see they're doing their jobs and getting things done around here.

A strand of lights suspended from the ceiling catches fire.

Well, that figures. Pulls the sprayer from the bar, sets it to water and aims it at the light strand. Hey, Anic, would you unplug that thing so I can douse it without electrocuting myself?

Mack breaks up the old guys' club

unplugs light strand There you go. 🙂

Hey, thanks Mack. Good to see you again. Extinguishes the overly cheerful lights. Merry Christmas all! Two drinks on the house for anyone who wants 'em! Lifts a dram of bourbon in toast to the establishment. I never imagined this place'd get any kind of attention when I started it, much less be around this long. Here's to you, me pub.

Legends come as they are needed. On that note, I'll take a Crisis Cocktail and a BlueSteel Martini whilst I dominate the Oracular Net and subvert the Phylidion frontier.

Plotting as always, Sarg. Well, we need someone to keep our counterintelligence forces sharp. You give them all the practice they need. I'll make sure none of my friends inside your space screw with too much; one must maintain an equilibrium, eh? Here are your drinks, old friend.

What, whazzat?
Hic!
LCA wakes up and looks around.
Ah rats, slept through the whole holiday again...

Merry New Year, and I'll have a Pan Galactic Gargleblaster, and hold the slice of lemon.

Coming up, Anic. We're fresh out of lemons anyway; the last citrus shipment was raided in transit. Hey, space pirates get space scurvy just like any other kind of pirates.

And a happy new year and so forth to all. Maintenance and clean droids start the 'prologue' dance from West Side Story. Wow. They're really starting to coordinate their efforts.

Is this some kind of virus or AI Rampancey? They never acted like this before. Maybe they just got really bored. Oh well.

Did you get that shipment of that funky Elejeetian liqueur? I forgot how to pronounce it... you know the one that looks and behaves like mercury but is actually some kind of fermented tuber extract?

This should be renamed to The Veterans Club Bar

Are you a Veteran™ then? 😛

Mack sips his drink

Here, in D'Ares Bar, everyone's a VeteranŽ, no noobs here...

Here, here. This is the place for all the ol´warhorses to swap tales and compare scars.

Two rounds of your choice of beers on the house!

(That´s in honor of the fact that I am currently in Munich with my college a capella group. I may not be around on here for a while because of it, but I trust all of you to keep the place in good merriment while I´m away. I´m not a beer man myself, but I do enjoy the fact that they serve it in liter mugs here.)