Happy Second Anniversary

Yes, it's been two years since Ares was open-sourced. I'm not much for speeches, so allow me to point you to the brand-new AresCentral.org. There's not much there now, but I hope to broaden its scope over time. I realize the significance will be lost on some, but AresCentral.com was the original Ares site, ten years ago, and I'm happy to have the opportunity to breathe life into it again.

throws confetti

Yay! May arescentral.org keep Ares alive for many years to come 🙂

Very nice job restoring one more detail. It sure doesn't feel like it has been two years. It seems like a few months at most. Congratulations to everybody working on Antares and Xsera on succeeding where others have failed before.

On a mostly unrelated note, I found that the Wikipedia link to Antares on the Ares page points to the star system of the same name. It does not appear that Antares has a page yet.

QUOTE (gavin83209 @ Nov 4 2010, 02:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On a mostly unrelated note, I found that the Wikipedia link to Antares on the Ares page points to the star system of the same name. It does not appear that Antares has a page yet.

I don't think Antares meets the notability requirements for having its own page on Wikipedia. It would make sense to me to expand the "modern ports" section further. For example, see the Transport Tycoon Deluxe page, which discusses TTDPatch and OpenTTD. I'd make such a change myself, but it comes uncomfortably close to original research.

Note that the licensing of arescentral.org's content is compatible with the Ares media, but not with Wikipedia. Right now, all of the text is my own, and I'd be OK with it being reused there, but I hope to put more game content on the site, at which point it will be more difficult to keep straight.

Are you planning on including links for Netscape and IE people to reach the new (old) Ares site?

QUOTE (Avatara @ Nov 4 2010, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you planning on including links for Netscape and IE people to reach the new (old) Ares site?

Have you tried visiting arescentral.com?

QUOTE (Pallas Athene @ Nov 4 2010, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you tried visiting arescentral.com?

Heh heh!

Yeah. Happy Anniversary - keep that ball rolling.
Pops open a bottle of GreenyBlue to celebrate.

I like it, good work!

I want Ares to have a huge, active fan base!