Whilst David Arthur is still hanging around...

Any chance of a release of MC for Windows?

I know there's at least one person who appreciated having the alpha available.

EDIT: edited in link

This post has been edited by ScratSkinner : 16 February 2017 - 10:33 AM

Really, no. The download link you gave for WA1 still works (surprisingly), but there’s no prospect of anything beyond that. The limitations of the Windows build aren’t a matter of unfinished work; they’re structural gaps, where the Macintosh version relies on things that aren’t available on Windows.

(I literally clicked on the Ambrosia bookmark by accident a couple of days ago, and noticed a MissionComputer-related topic on the front page!)

I'd had the the impression you had a somewhat more recent version that was as good as you were going to get. Even without PICT support and such, would that version not still be an improvement over the alpha?

At any rate, do you have any reservations about sticking a link to the alpha (or that more recent version, if willing) in your sig? I ask because you have a link to Mac MissionComputer there.

Also, I hope I haven't distracted from Guy's request on the other thread.

If I may ask, what were you trying to click?

@scratskinner, on 16 February 2017 - 03:13 PM, said in Whilst David Arthur is still hanging around...:

I'd had the the impression you had a somewhat more recent version that was as good as you were going to get. Even without PICT support and such, would that version not still be an improvement over the alpha?

Actually, I think you’re right. WA2 did have a few more editors filled in over, as well as the bug fixes from version 4.2.1. I’m not immediately sure how I would build and distribute it, though. I don’t even have Windows set up in a virtual machine any more, like I did when I was building WA1.

@scratskinner, on 16 February 2017 - 03:13 PM, said in Whilst David Arthur is still hanging around...:

At any rate, do you have any reservations about sticking a link to the alpha (or that more recent version, if willing) in your sig? I ask because you have a link to Mac MissionComputer there.

Makes sense.

If I may ask, what were you trying to click?

Ars Technica.

Does EVNEW use Quicktime to display Picts?

@willoflava, on 30 May 2017 - 09:14 PM, said in Whilst David Arthur is still hanging around...:

Does EVNEW use Quicktime to display Picts?

I believe so, but there was no obviously practical way for MissionComputer to do the same.