Question about the 'shan'

If I wanted to use an existing EV Nova ship as a shan, but I wanted to make the ship visibly longer, can I do that without screwing up the whole thing?

if memory serves then yes you can but keep in mind that you would be better served to keep the proportional ratio of the ship the same to keep it from looking distorted. Also if you make a small sprite large then you will see a drop in quality, the same kind of thing you get from zooming in on a pic. I would think though that you would be safe to make a 15-20% size increase to almost any sprite without a noticeable drop in quality

@arringfray, on 18 August 2011 - 01:32 PM, said in Question about the 'shan':

if memory serves then yes you can but keep in mind that you would be better served to keep the proportional ratio of the ship the same to keep it from looking distorted. Also if you make a small sprite large then you will see a drop in quality, the same kind of thing you get from zooming in on a pic. I would think though that you would be safe to make a 15-20% size increase to almost any sprite without a noticeable drop in quality

Thanks for that.

Next question. Which field(s) do I change?

You'll need to export the rleD resource (not an issue if you use EVNEW,) bring it into an image manipulation program such as Photoshop or The GIMP, then increase the size of the image. You'll need then to re-import it to EVNEW, and you'll need to create a new shan resource with the updated image size values.

@krugeruwsp, on 18 August 2011 - 01:55 PM, said in Question about the 'shan':

You'll need to export the rleD resource (not an issue if you use EVNEW,) bring it into an image manipulation program such as Photoshop or The GIMP, then increase the size of the image. You'll need then to re-import it to EVNEW, and you'll need to create a new shan resource with the updated image size values.

Okay, so more work than I am capable of ATM. Thanks 🙂