Zombie Orphans...

... Would be a good name for a band wouldn't it?

But what I am referring to is the four or so EV plug-in projects moldering on my old hard drive.
Anyone here have any interest trying to reanimate a deceased project from the ancient days? (these plugs were written in clay on cave walls.)

What sort of plug-ins? I'm always interested with messing around with plug-ins.

@geek, on 20 July 2011 - 11:57 AM, said in Zombie Orphans...:

What sort of plug-ins? I'm always interested with messing around with plug-ins.

A couple TCs and a couple major expansions. I believe one of the TCs is based on EVO, most are classic EV.
Sorry to be so vague, but I haven't done anything with any of the stuff since about 2005 and most of it was put aside even earlier.

On reflection (still haven't booted up the iMac to see what I got) I believe the EV expansion "New Republic" - which I don't own but am sort of caretaker for — is the nearest to completion. It needs a couple interconnected/entangled mission strings rewritten and lots of testing and tuning to get weapons and ship capabilities in balance. I put a lot of time in rewriting descs, adding graphics, filling out the ship and outfit rosters, and trouble-shooting missions and all the other resources to get it to a near-playable state.

And then there are "The Delta-V Plug-In" and "Mille Terrae."

This post has been edited by Joe Burnette : 22 July 2011 - 12:12 PM

No interest in exhumations then?
Oh, well, when I get caught up a little I may rig up the 'ol lightning rod myself and attempt a little necromancy.
😄

Cheers,

Joe,

I can decisively say that I will not be able to make any progress on your plugs, but I would be interested in just looking at them. If you don't mind that sort of thing, then pm me a link.

I have a kid due in less 2 weeks, and everyone tells me that they take up quite a bit of one's time. I've always thought that I would finish my TC's at some point before EVN no longer has a fanbase, but I'm not so sure if that will happen anymore.

Werhner

@werhner, on 01 August 2011 - 10:48 AM, said in Zombie Orphans...:

Joe,

I can decisively say that I will not be able to make any progress on your plugs, but I would be interested in just looking at them. If you don't mind that sort of thing, then pm me a link.

I have a kid due in less 2 weeks, and everyone tells me that they take up quite a bit of one's time. I've always thought that I would finish my TC's at some point before EVN no longer has a fanbase, but I'm not so sure if that will happen anymore.

Werhner

You have been sadly misinformed.
Kids do not take up quite a bit of one's time.
They take ALL of it — and demand more 😉
But they are one of the few things that really are worth the investment of time. Congratulations to you.

I will try to get the plugs in something resembling a presentable form - at present they are broken into sets of resources - and work out some way to transfer them.

This post has been edited by Joe Burnette : 02 August 2011 - 08:01 PM