Nebula: Operation High Tide

Plugin Announcement

Now that Nebula: Foundation (D.O.A.) is off to beta, I'm going ahead and creating a topic for the next "expansion", Operation High Tide. I'm feeling really good about this one, folks. This is the one with Kont, and also the one where you decide whether to go along with the Bureau or rebel. I've got a graphics guy who's really good (you know who you are) and a greatly improved knowledge of NCBs (many lessons were learned working on D.O.A.). Now that you can see that I intend to work through all of this (D.O.A. was completed in just over two months, start to finish) and prevent the vaporwareification of the series, I'd like to ask for some help. I don't need help, mind you, but it would make this come out of production that much quicker. Like working spรถbs and sห™sts? Volunteer to make some! Love NCBs? I always need missions strung together. Weapons fanatic? Show me what you've got! Anyway, this is the official announcement, and I hope to have as much interest in this topic as there was in the old D.O.A. one.

Cheers,
Cosmic

The kont thing seems cool I wanna know what's going on there and judging by D.O.A. this is gonna rock. ๐Ÿ™‚

@egroeg, on Sep 2 2007, 04:33 PM, said in Nebula: Operation High Tide:

judging by D.O.A.

I take it you got the beta version I sent you?

Yup.

Do ya like what you see?

Definitely, anyway do you want bug reports etc by PM or email.

@egroeg, on Sep 2 2007, 04:51 PM, said in Nebula: Operation High Tide:

Definitely, anyway do you want bug reports etc by PM or email.

Preferably PM.

Cosmic when I went to download it hotmail said it had an incurable virus what gives?

@egroeg, on Sep 2 2007, 05:02 PM, said in Nebula: Operation High Tide:

Cosmic when I went to download it hotmail said it had an incurable virus what gives?

Hmmm... That's weird. I'll try a file hosting site and giving you the link.

K sounds good but if it is a virus I'm blocking you!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ :blink: :blink:
Also sorry for spamming up your topic you should probably get a mod to delete this.

This post has been edited by egroeg5 : 02 September 2007 - 04:12 PM

@egroeg, on Sep 2 2007, 05:10 PM, said in Nebula: Operation High Tide:

K sounds good but if it is a virus I'm blocking you!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ :blink: :blink:

LOL. I'm not smart enough to make a virus. PMing you the link.

Hmmm... could it be the spaces in the name? Not very web-friendly.

Hotmail is microsoft so maybe it thought the resource fork was a virus.

Could be. I didn't put any virus in it, that's for sure. There's a slim possibility that (I don't even know if this is possible) someone hijacked google and put a virus in there. Don't worry, though. The one at the link was re-uploaded from my desktop.

KK should I report the topic so a mod can delete the unessecary posts?

@egroeg, on Sep 2 2007, 05:19 PM, said in Nebula: Operation High Tide:

KK should I report the topic so a mod can delete the unessecary posts?

Naw, it's fine. This is, after all, an open forum.

Congrats on hitting beta Cosmic! I'm sure you already have enough beta-testers, so I'll wait for release.

You've done a lot of hard (and good!) work on this; I personally can't wait for it to hit release!

Cheers!

I can help with some stuff.

What kind of stuff?

I can do anything. I've got a lot of experience under my belt (I can send you a sample, if you want to check it out) and even if I don't know how to do something, I can usually fiddle (love that word) with it until it works. And if it doesn't work I just beat it until it does ๐Ÿ˜„ My major weaknesses are graphics and missions bits, as I've never really worked with graphics nor taken the time to get a good understanding of NCBs.

@zapp, on Sep 2 2007, 09:31 PM, said in Nebula: Operation High Tide:

I can do anything. I've got a lot of experience under my belt (I can send you a sample, if you want to check it out) and even if I don't know how to do something, I can usually fiddle (love that word) with it until it works. And if it doesn't work I just beat it until it does ๐Ÿ˜„ My major weaknesses are graphics and missions bits, as I've never really worked with graphics nor taken the time to get a good understanding of NCBs.

All right, you're hired! ๐Ÿ˜„ I won't need anything for a few weeks, so make yourself nice and comfy.