Plug in help wanted

I am trying to make a plug in, addig 2 systems in the south of space. I am using mission computer, but I'm befuddled by what coordinates to choose... Is there any listing of the coordinates of the nova Systs?

Not that i know of, but you could open Nova Data 2 and look at the galaxy map.

And if it helps, the southernmost system has the coordinates (-16,300).

@s-s--valor, on Jun 23 2008, 12:04 AM, said in Plug in help wanted:

Not that i know of, but you could open Nova Data 2 and look at the galaxy map.

Aha! Thanks alot.

One more question, is there any way to copy all the systs from Nova Data 2 to another plug in without having to do the 500+ systs one by one?

This post has been edited by aarth : 22 June 2008 - 11:51 PM

If you have MC then that has a bulk copy/paste function. It's under a menu up top, I can't remember which one.

Utilities > Resource Copier. (While MC4 allows you to select multiple resources in the normal document window it can only copy one of them at a time)

This post has been edited by Guy : 23 June 2008 - 12:38 AM

I have a semi announcement...

I plan on making a plug with a friend, continuing the Kontik storyline, the probe find 3 new systems and suddenly ceases signalling, the player will investigate, and find a small galaxy civil war and take sides(Yes there will be a wormhole to transport to the other galaxy...

Anyway, there will be 3-4 new ships, abd the expertise required for graphics is beyond my puny skills. So we are looking for a graphics/sound/video persson, and somone with some more knowledge of bits and crons.

I have a small teaser plug in... But i dont have deluxe stuffit to compress it to .sit... Anything else to use?

@guy, on Jun 23 2008, 01:37 AM, said in Plug in help wanted:

(While MC4 allows you to select multiple resources in the normal document window it can only copy one of them at a time)

That's definitely on the list - I already did it once, but had to abandon it because of text-encoding issues, so the next attempt will follow a different formula. In the mean time, it doesn't hurt for people to get a sense of history by using the Resource Copier, which is based directly on an interface that was standard for a number of Apple programmes right up to System 7.1. 🙂

David Arthur, MC is very impressive. Easy to use and manipulate, for even newbies :laugh:

Thanks!

@aarth, on Jun 23 2008, 10:12 AM, said in Plug in help wanted:

I have a small teaser plug in... But i dont have deluxe stuffit to compress it to .sit... Anything else to use?

If you're on OSX, ctrl-click (right click) on the icon and go to create archive. OSX will then make a .zip file, no app needed.

@guy, on Jun 23 2008, 01:37 AM, said in Plug in help wanted:

Utilities > Resource Copier. (While MC4 allows you to select multiple resources in the normal document window it can only copy one of them at a time)

If you go into the resource copier, you can click on the top one, scroll down, shift-click on the bottom, and everything in between will highlight. Then you hit copy and the whole set will duplicate. You can also apple-click to select multiple items without selecting everything in between.

@erikthered, on Jun 23 2008, 12:29 PM, said in Plug in help wanted:

If you go into the resource copier, you can click on the top one, scroll down, shift-click on the bottom, and everything in between will highlight. Then you hit copy and the whole set will duplicate. You can also apple-click to select multiple items without selecting everything in between.

Correct. The Resource Copier has been able to copy resources in bulk since its inception - in fact, that is its purpose for existing. Guy was referring to the fact that the main document window does not yet allow you to copy multiple resources to the clipboard at once, hence his suggestion of using the Resource Copier instead.

aarth: I'm glad you like it. 🙂

@david-arthur, on Jun 23 2008, 01:38 PM, said in Plug in help wanted:

Correct. The Resource Copier has been able to copy resources in bulk since its inception - in fact, that is its purpose for existing. Guy was referring to the fact that the main document window does not yet allow you to copy multiple resources to the clipboard at once, hence his suggestion of using the Resource Copier instead.

aarth: I'm glad you like it. 🙂

I know, I just figured I'd give the instructions for bulk copying in case he didn't know exactly how, and since Guy didn't really give instructions on that.

And the MC that I downloaded about a week ago is great. I'm not sure if it's your latest version (now with Swedish proverbs!), but it's really easy to use. The one thing I wish it could do is allow you to open multiple resource windows at the same time, or at least allow you to click on other windows while you have a resource open. I know that you can do the latter while a syst resource is open, but I can't seem to do it with any others.

@erikthered, on Jun 23 2008, 02:02 PM, said in Plug in help wanted:

The one thing I wish it could do is allow you to open multiple resource windows at the same time, or at least allow you to click on other windows while you have a resource open.

The 4.0 alpha being discussed in the other topic does exactly that. 🙂 It's more stable than 3.3.3 in my testing, and also adds editors for shďp and wëap resources.

@aarth, on Jun 24 2008, 02:12 AM, said in Plug in help wanted:

No .sit!

@erikthered, on Jun 24 2008, 04:25 AM, said in Plug in help wanted:

If you're on OSX, ctrl-click (right click) on the icon and go to create archive. OSX will then make a .zip file, no app needed.

No create archive!

Use Plugin Archiver 🙂

@david-arthur, on Jun 23 2008, 03:34 PM, said in Plug in help wanted:

The 4.0 alpha being discussed in the other topic does exactly that. 🙂 It's more stable than 3.3.3 in my testing, and also adds editors for shďp and wëap resources.

I hate to get off topic, but what do you mean by "adds ship/weap editors"? I just made a plug with ships and weapons in 3.3.3...and now I'm confused...

I have uploaded the teaser to the ambrosia site.. It will be on soon. The old oner was pretty buggy, so I've removed it.

This post has been edited by aarth : 24 June 2008 - 04:23 AM

@guy, on Jun 23 2008, 03:44 PM, said in Plug in help wanted:

Use Plugin Archiver 🙂

Handy 🙂
😄

I like this idea. 😄 O always wondered where the Kontik storyline was going. what kind of ships do you want? if you outline your general idea, I might be able to whip you up something. ;D

@yamfries, on Jun 24 2008, 07:07 AM, said in Plug in help wanted:

I like this idea. 😄 O always wondered where the Kontik storyline was going. what kind of ships do you want? if you outline your general idea, I might be able to whip you up something. ;D

Well, I need 6 ships,

2 fighters

1 alien warship

1 uber warship #1

1 uber warship #2

1 uber warship #3 (not alien, hybrid of Leviathan and Auroran carrier?)

Colors should be orange for #1 and bluish green for #2.

However i plan on asking Pace if i can recycle the Hy'ngyst for one of the ships, so it might be be only 5 ships 🙂

I just need the graphics, i can make the weapons, outfits etc.

I understand if you can only do one or two... But it would be much appreciated with a place of honor in the credits 🙂

If you want to get involved, pm your email address, so i can email the plug (3 mb ok for your internet speeds?) I have all the systems named, with 3 new systs done these past two days... Its slow work.

Three Races: Zelkons, Maians, and Endorians(Displaced earthlings).

Zelkons:- The Ring builders. They build the rings on Kelar'iy, Kontik and the huge farming ring in another polaris world.

Maians:- The aggressive race. They have been fighting the Zelkons(They are both aliens, evolved from the same species.)

Endorians:- They ventured out into space at the dawn of spaceflight, and were never heard from again. They found a new world, which they named Endor, and were caught in the midst of the perpetual fight between the other 2 races.

What you get: A gigantic galactic Free for all. It will explain why the other ringed worlds were abandoned, with 3 storylines for each race, and new ships for all.

This post has been edited by aarth : 24 June 2008 - 08:13 AM