How do you add more weapon slots on to a ship.

I dont want to do it by outfits

I have been using Mission Computer (Mission Computer) for a bit now, and I cant find a way to modify the weapon slots on a ship with out using a outfitters item. I know how to do it in evnew, but I use a mac. Is it in the shan resource?
Also, if there is a topic already out there, please link me to it. I did do a few searches, but came up with nothing.
Another less urgent question I have is is there a file that lets me see where different resources are with out searching all of the data files?
One last question, I cant get the live chat to work. I believe I have the most recent version of java installed and I am using a intel mac.

This post has been edited by Ezten : 20 August 2009 - 02:43 AM

There are two types of weapon slots: Gun slots and Turret slots. You can modify how many a ship has in the shïp resource. You can modify what weapons come standard on a ship in the shïp resource. You can modify the exit locations for a ship in the shän resource.

QUOTE (Qaanol @ Aug 20 2009, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are two types of weapon slots: Gun slots and Turret slots. You can modify how many a ship has in the shïp resource. You can modify what weapons come standard on a ship in the shïp resource. You can modify the exit locations for a ship in the shän resource.

Yeah, I figured it was in the shïp resource. But in mission computer, how do I modify the the gun or turret slots. It was so easy in os9 with evedit.

never mind. I found it. I must be blind. Thanks for you help!

There are a lot of parameters in the shïp resource – it took a while to find logical places for all of them, and I still sometimes lose track of them myself.

If anyone else is looking for them, the 'Maximum number of fixed guns' and 'Maximum number of turrets' fields are in the bottom-right corner of the window when the Armaments tab is selected (which it is by default when you open a resource).

QUOTE (David Arthur @ Aug 21 2009, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are a lot of parameters in the shïp resource – it took a while to find logical places for all of them, and I still sometimes lose track of them myself.

If anyone else is looking for them, the 'Maximum number of fixed guns' and 'Maximum number of turrets' fields are in the bottom-right corner of the window when the Armaments tab is selected (which it is by default when you open a resource).

Yeah, I can find most everything. Also do you know if you can make it so you buy more then one missile at a time? Cuz I dont want to click the buy button repeatedly, as my computer mouse is going to die if I keep on doing that. This might be another feature I overlooked when using MC.

QUOTE (Ezten @ Aug 22 2009, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I can find most everything. Also do you know if you can make it so you buy more then one missile at a time? Cuz I dont want to click the buy button repeatedly, as my computer mouse is going to die if I keep on doing that. This might be another feature I overlooked when using MC.

MultiBuy

QUOTE (Qaanol @ Aug 23 2009, 03:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MultiBuy

Ahhhhhhh... so much better. Thanks.