MissionComputer 4.0.1 update now available

DA, shouldn't it be possible to link against a Cocoa framework for spell checking (even if it's a custom one) with declares?

@orcaloverbri9, on Nov 9 2008, 04:19 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0.1 update now available:

DA, shouldn't it be possible to link against a Cocoa framework for spell checking (even if it's a custom one) with declares?

Yes, that's what I'm exploring. It looks like I may be able to get some sort of spell check based on the Cocoa dictionaries, but not necessarily the same red underlines and pop-up menus that you see in actual Cocoa applications.

@david-arthur, on Nov 10 2008, 08:25 AM, said in MissionComputer 4.0.1 update now available:

Yes, that's what I'm exploring. It looks like I may be able to get some sort of spell check based on the Cocoa dictionaries, but not necessarily the same red underlines and pop-up menus that you see in actual Cocoa applications.

Apple has sample code that shows how to do spell checking using Cocoa code in a Carbon app.

Unfortunately this is RealBasic.

David, how about a ppat viewer? It seems these aren't supported at all at the moment. Also, what is iβˆ‚le?

@guy, on Nov 10 2008, 08:02 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0.1 update now available:

David, how about a ppat viewer? It seems these aren't supported at all at the moment. Also, what is iβˆ‚le?

Hmm, I'll give it some thought. I don't have any idea what the ppat format is like, but the pixmaps should be similar to what I'm doing at the moment for cicn, which seems to be working so far.

iβˆ‚le is the ID limit table. It's how MissionComputer knows what the maximum and minimum allowed IDs for each resource types are, and which of them vary between the three games.

Not that I care about rle8 support but I tried making one just now for fun and it spectacularly screwed up the colours for double the fun πŸ™‚

@guy, on Nov 10 2008, 11:35 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0.1 update now available:

Not that I care about rle8 support but I tried making one just now for fun and it spectacularly screwed up the colours for double the fun πŸ™‚

I just tried Make RLE in MissionComputer 4.0.1 with one of my sample sprites, and got perfectly valid resources when I loaded the files from disk using the 'Choose ' buttons, but wrong colours when I pasted. Does this match your experience?

Ah I see, the rle8 only works if the source file is already 8-bit. Which is never true for pasted images.

(edit) One other thing: When creating an RLE in an open file, the file doesn't get flagged as dirty.

This post has been edited by Guy : 11 November 2008 - 08:12 PM

I am attempting to create a new Main screen, however, the X coordinates for the Slide Bars continue to default to 238 and the Y coordinates default to 523, 455, and 523.

There's an endian issue with the resource ID field in DITL elements.

@it-000, on Nov 14 2008, 09:36 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0.1 update now available:

I am attempting to create a new Main screen, however, the X coordinates for the Slide Bars continue to default to 238 and the Y coordinates default to 523, 455, and 523.

Fixed, thanks.

@guy, on Nov 14 2008, 10:13 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0.1 update now available:

There's an endian issue with the resource ID field in DITL elements.

Everything I can think of to test seems to be working properly Β– can you give me more details of what you mean?

Open something like the new pilot dialog. In the list on the left some of the entries will display IDs, which are all crazy numbers so it seems to be reading the values without byte-swapping. I think it does byte-swap when saving though: Saving it once will display the correct values when I open it again (though the plug will no longer work) and saving it a second time will put it back to normal.

Btw, did you get that thing I sent you? Had a chance to look at it? πŸ˜‰

@guy, on Nov 15 2008, 01:37 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0.1 update now available:

Open something like the new pilot dialog. In the list on the left some of the entries will display IDs, which are all crazy numbers so it seems to be reading the values without byte-swapping. I think it does byte-swap when saving though: Saving it once will display the correct values when I open it again (though the plug will no longer work) and saving it a second time will put it back to normal.

This is odd: I get the right values when I try on Intel, but the wrong ones using the PowerPC version. What sort of computer are you getting the error on?

@guy, on Nov 15 2008, 01:37 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0.1 update now available:

Btw, did you get that thing I sent you? Had a chance to look at it? πŸ˜‰

Is this a new thing, or the same one we talked about a while ago?

Intel. The CNTL IDs are 500 and 501 but opening the new pilot DITL I see number like -3071 and -2851. If I save and reopen they get toggled to 500 and 501.

A new thing, sent about a week ago. Did it not come through?

@guy, on Nov 15 2008, 07:14 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0.1 update now available:

Intel. The CNTL IDs are 500 and 501 but opening the new pilot DITL I see number like -3071 and -2851. If I save and reopen they get toggled to 500 and 501.

Weird. I'll have to look into this in more detail.

@guy, on Nov 15 2008, 07:14 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0.1 update now available:

A new thing, sent about a week ago. Did it not come through?

No, I'm afraid I haven't received any new things lately.

Ha ha, I suddenly clicked: Checking MC's info window I found it was set to run in Rosetta. Now running natively, the issue is gone :). So yeah, it must be a PPC issue.

@guy, on Nov 16 2008, 03:25 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0.1 update now available:

Ha ha, I suddenly clicked: Checking MC's info window I found it was set to run in Rosetta. Now running natively, the issue is gone :). So yeah, it must be a PPC issue.

Oh, good. I found a fix that made it work for me on PowerPC, so I was worried when you said you were having the problems on Intel. With this confusion resolved, I can slide it over into the 'Fixed, thanks' column. πŸ™‚