Small question about lethal and Non lethal bombs...

No, I'm saying you'd need the fighter's bay to be able to launch the second fighter and self-destruct at the same time, which requires a different ammo-type.

Oh right. Give it a self-destructing weapon of any type and let it 'escape' into the real fighter.

I thought escape ships default to non-aggression.

Fine then, give it two weapons, the fighter bay and a self-destructing weapon and pray that it launches the fighter first 😛

@guy, on Jul 20 2008, 12:28 PM, said in Small question about lethal and Non lethal bombs...:

Fine then, give it two weapons, the fighter bay and a self-destructing weapon and pray that it launches the fighter first 😛

AI ships can fire while exploding, so give the ship a decent death-delay.

@nonconventionally-creative, on Jul 20 2008, 08:50 PM, said in Small question about lethal and Non lethal bombs...:

AI ships can fire while exploding, so give the ship a decent death-delay.

I think AI ships can only fire while exploding if they are a part of a planetary defense fleet, otherwise they'd be disabled before exploding, just like the player.

@bmac, on Jul 20 2008, 02:03 PM, said in Small question about lethal and Non lethal bombs...:

I think AI ships can only fire while exploding if they are a part of a planetary defense fleet, otherwise they'd be disabled before exploding, just like the player.

Oh, right... What if the ship has such a small armor that it can't be disabled (too busy on RezEditor to test this at the moment)?

Still disables on death. Ever try to disable a Defender, Krait, or Dart? Never done the former, the latter, which is extremely rare, will revive if shot by a disable-only weapon while disabled, such as the Ion Cannon.

@joshtigerheart, on Jul 20 2008, 09:27 PM, said in Small question about lethal and Non lethal bombs...:

...the latter, (a Dart) which is extremely rare, will revive if shot by a disable-only weapon while disabled, such as the Ion Cannon.

It shouldn't do that. If it does, that's an extremely wacky "undocumented feature."

I believe it has to do with the fact the Ion Cannon does more damage than Dart has armor left to be disabled. If you try to disable Darts with said weapon, they'll go down to low armor, but never disable or die. It would be the same for any ship with an extremely low armor value.

Does that happen still or was it fixed in some update?

I assume it still happens. I've never heard different.