intf rescources

How to make 'em with MissionComputer?

How do I link the interface resources to ships using MissionComputer?

Welcome to the boards! 🙂 I'm just going to slide this straight over to the Developer's Corner, where (go figure!) those folks particularly interested in plug-in development tend to hang out.

@cleindori, on Jul 4 2008, 05:10 PM, said in intf rescources:

Welcome to the boards! 🙂 I'm just going to slide this straight over to the Developer's Corner, where (go figure!) those folks particularly interested in plug-in development tend to hang out.

K thx.

@fireball, on Jul 4 2008, 04:33 PM, said in intf rescources:

How do I link the interface resources to ships using MissionComputer?

The process is a bit unintuitive; the key is to remember that interfaces are associated with governments, not with specific ships. So, after you've created your ďntf resource, you open up your government (or create a new one), and change its Interface field (near the bottom left in MissionComputer) to match the ďntf resource. Then, you open your shďp resource, and change the Inherent government field (near the centre right in MissionComputer 4) to match your government. If you don't want this government setting to affect AI combat, you can select 'Use for attributes inheritance only' in the pop-up menu.

@david-arthur, on Jul 4 2008, 08:48 PM, said in intf rescources:

The process is a bit unintuitive; the key is to remember that interfaces are associated with governments, not with specific ships. So, after you've created your ďntf resource, you open up your government (or create a new one), and change its Interface field (near the bottom left in MissionComputer) to match the ďntf resource. Then, you open your shďp resource, and change the Inherent government field (near the centre right in MissionComputer 4) to match your government. If you don't want this government setting to affect AI combat, you can select 'Use for attributes inheritance only' in the pop-up menu.

Wow, that field was staring me in the face the entire time? Lol, thanks.

welcome to the boards fireball! I hope you enjoy your stay!