Escape Velocity: Collision

That's the actual temperature down here. Since it isn't too humid, I bet the heat index is about the same though. I hope it doesn't rain...

Oh, and I almost forgot... GET BACK TO WORK! :laugh:

I can't help but think about what I have just read in this forum.

Ā• StarBridge is trying to create a TC. He is very enthusiastic about it, but not getting anything done...
Ā• Yet, the forum people are trying to motivate him to do something, and cheerfully 2.

Damn, why isn't this type of support universal? Don't answer that! I'm sure the reason will sicken and disgust me no end.

---------Note for StarBridge:
You're faced with one of these two problems:
Ā• You have the skill to do it, but the tools aren't great.
Ā• You don't have the skill to do it, and no one will help you.

Aside from those pretty much insurmountable problems, I hope to see EV Collision someday, as it definitely sounds interesting and would love to play it!

- From newly created pessimistic Trinix

I can help with planet graphics and outfits. Anything you need PM me and you can be pretty sure I know how to do it.

Your such a nusiance CN! šŸ™‚ I would love it if your help actually got this plugin created, but what are the odds of that?

(Everyone, pull together now to prove me wrong!!!)

(Giggle: I'll have cool TC's to play at the end of this week if everyone pulls together!!! muahahaha)

@trinix, on Aug 16 2007, 06:09 PM, said in Escape Velocity: Collision:

Your such a nusiance CN!

Well, duh. LOL. šŸ˜„

Graphics should really be the one of the last focuses. In fact, they can wait until after beta testing (like mine are about to do). Like I probably recommended earlier, it would likely be best to start setting up ships, weapons, outfits, planets, and systems. Get the core of your gameplay going.

@joshtigerheart, on Apr 29 2007, 01:08 PM, said in Escape Velocity: Collision:

How about EV: The Other Aftermath?

You know, it's the oddest thing, I was jumping randomly around on the EVN Wiki and I saw something that reminded me of this post. Dunno why I remembered this. Anyway, after further investigation, I found that Aftermath was a TC (this I knew) that, very far along in the production process, was abandoned and became vaporware (this I did not know). It only just occurred to me that you may have been implying, way back when, that EVC would become vaporware, just as Aftermath did.

@joshtigerheart, on Aug 15 2007, 05:22 PM, said in Escape Velocity: Collision:

That's the actual temperature down here. Since it isn't too humid, I bet the heat index is about the same though. I hope it doesn't rain...

:huh: "Down here"? Where might that be? šŸ˜‰ Man, that must be hot, but at least you're not running around in all that heat...I assume.

@joshtigerheart, on Aug 15 2007, 05:22 PM, said in Escape Velocity: Collision:

Oh, and I almost forgot... GET BACK TO WORK! :laugh:

Heh, yeah, you're right. Though I don't know whether you're telling me to get to work on my summer school work or Collision....Anyhow, this is just a short break from my schoolwork. I'm almost done.

@trinix, on Aug 16 2007, 06:00 PM, said in Escape Velocity: Collision:

I can't help but think about what I have just read in this forum.

Ā• StarBridge is trying to create a TC. He is very enthusiastic about it, but not getting anything done...

Now, that's only mostly true. Just because I'm not getting any programming done, that doesn't mean I'm not filling in the blanks in the story. And for further clarification, I do still spend a lot of time thinking about Collision.

Ā• Yet, the forum people are trying to motivate him to do something, and cheerfully 2.

Damn, why isn't this type of support universal? Don't answer that! I'm sure the reason will sicken and disgust me no end.

Of course they're trying to motivate me -- they don't want to see Collision become more vaporware any more than I do. Maybe they support me because I've been around since April, and I'm still as enthusiastic about Collision as I was then (if not more so). Maybe It's because they like what they see, or maybe some of them see a little of themselves in me. Or maybe they just love me. Heck, everyone loves me -- how can you not? šŸ˜„ :rolleyes:

---------Note for StarBridge:
You're faced with one of these two problems:
Ā• You have the skill to do it, but the tools aren't great.
Ā• You don't have the skill to do it, and no one will help you.

I don't think it's my "skill" that's the problem (unless you're talking about making graphics...then I definitely don't have the "skill"). It's my experience that is lacking -- I'm sure the tools are fine. And of course no one will help me yet, I haven't even started yet. Though I should certainly hope people will help me once I've gotten somewhere -- the thought of making this entire quasi-TC all by myself is certainly... daunting , if not exactly discouraging.

Aside from those pretty much insurmountable problems,

Sigh...we'll see about that.

I hope to see EV Collision someday, as it definitely sounds interesting and would love to play it!
- From newly created pessimistic Trinix

šŸ˜„ I love to hear things like that. Well, the pessimistic part is right. Forgive me for being so blindly optimistic.

@cosmic_nusiance, on Aug 16 2007, 06:07 PM, said in Escape Velocity: Collision:

I can help with planet graphics and outfits. Anything you need PM me and you can be pretty sure I know how to do it.

I would love that! Thanks! šŸ˜‰ šŸ˜„

@joshtigerheart, on Aug 16 2007, 10:53 PM, said in Escape Velocity: Collision:

Graphics should really be the one of the last focuses. In fact, they can wait until after beta testing (like mine are about to do). Like I probably recommended earlier, it would likely be best to start setting up ships, weapons, outfits, planets, and systems. Get the core of your gameplay going.

I definitely agree that I should make the ships, weaps, etc. before making any graphics. On the other hand, as I myself won't be making any of the graphics, I can delegate that job to someone else -- Cosmic_Nusiance, for example -- so the graphics are being made while I'm making everything else. I can't exactly wait until I've finished everything except the graphics, then start on the graphics, because that's a whole period of time in which I would be doing absolutely nothing. :huh:

Phew! Okay, that was a nice break. Back to AP Chem/Lab.... šŸ˜›

I hear Chemistry is hard, especially the AP courses (which is what I take, and I'll be taking Chem next year). How hard is it? Oh, and, umm... hope to see the TC. Of course, I don't know what it's about since I'm much too lazy to read the entire 6 other pages of posts, but whatever.

@zapp, on Aug 31 2007, 03:17 PM, said in Escape Velocity: Collision:

I hear Chemistry is hard, especially the AP courses (which is what I take, and I'll be taking Chem next year). How hard is it? Oh, and, umm... hope to see the TC. Of course, I don't know what it's about since I'm much too lazy to read the entire 6 other pages of posts, but whatever.

Chemistry? Hard?

Well, yeah, it is, kinda. But if you think Chem's hard, you should see Physics. Physics is like ten times worse; more so if you have to use the abomination that is MasteringPhysics.

@zapp, on Aug 31 2007, 06:17 PM, said in Escape Velocity: Collision:

I couldn't really tell you whether or not Chemistry is hard. Some people think it's hard. Me and Chemistry go together like peas and carrots -- it's a breeze for me.
And you don't have to read six pages of posts to know what Collision 's about -- just read post #1, or if you're even lazier, everything in bold in post #1. That ought to give you a general idea. Or you can read about it on the EVN Wiki -- just go to the page "User:Starbridge21" and it'll have a general outline...soon.

@warlord-mike, on Aug 31 2007, 07:56 PM, said in Escape Velocity: Collision:

Chemistry? Hard?

Well, yeah, it is, kinda. But if you think Chem's hard, you should see Physics. Physics is like ten times worse; more so if you have to use the abomination that is MasteringPhysics.

Woohoo!! I have physics this year, too!!
Yeah, but I love physics. Me and physics go together like corn and lima beans. I pretty much aspire to be a physicist. Hence the interest in space travel. And I take it "MasteringPhysics" is the title of your physics textbook?

I also love math. Algebra, Geometry, Trig -- you name it. I've got pre-calc this year. Math & Science (minus Biology) make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Yeah, yeah, I know, that's the nerdiest thing you've ever heard. I prefer to be called an 'intellectual', for the record.

This post has been edited by Starbridge21 : 31 August 2007 - 08:43 PM

Ahh. Looks cool.

Hmm, I found Chemistry to be mind-bogglingly difficult and physics to be not only very easy to grasp but also much more interesting. I suppose those two things are related though.

When I made that name suggestions, Aftermath still existed as a possible future release. I haven't quite mastered the art of seeing into the future, though I can make some dang good predicitions sometimes.

And trust me, you won't be twiddling your thumbs when getting graphics after beta. Youll have to put them in yourself, figure the exit points on your shans, sometimes convert images to rleDs, make sure they look good in-game, all the while still looking for stuff to tweak.

@starbridge21, on Aug 31 2007, 05:30 PM, said in Escape Velocity: Collision:

And I take it "MasteringPhysics" is the title of your physics textbook?

MasteringPhysics is the God-Forsaken Spawn of some online computer program that your professors may (or may not) assign you work from.

How bad is it?

It's up to the professor to determine how it'll be graded, but my overall experience has been that it almost makes written problems look better.

Physics is my bread and butter, man.

@joshtigerheart, on Sep 1 2007, 12:25 AM, said in Escape Velocity: Collision:

When I made that name suggestions, Aftermath still existed as a possible future release. I haven't quite mastered the art of seeing into the future, though I can make some dang good predicitions sometimes.

Aah, right. It wasn't vaporized until -- what, May? June? And that comment was from April. Whoops!

@joshtigerheart, on Sep 1 2007, 12:25 AM, said in Escape Velocity: Collision:

And trust me, you won't be twiddling your thumbs when getting graphics after beta. Youll have to put them in yourself, figure the exit points on your shans, sometimes convert images to rleDs, make sure they look good in-game, all the while still looking for stuff to tweak.

I also won't be doing half of those things. šŸ˜„ For sure I'll be tweaking things and testing the graphics, but I'll also (hopefully) have a small team of developers and graphic designers for the shans and rleDs -- plus, if that will be as late in the production process as you seem to think it will be, it'll be about time for Beta testing. But that's a long, long time from now.

Oh, and I finished my Chemistry summer work -- mostly. That last question of the chapter 1 review is really messing with my head. I've moved onto finishing my pre-calc. I'd gotten almost halfway through it about a month ago, but my dad kept bugging me (he's excellent at that -- absolutely unbearable sometimes) that it was more important to do my Chem, so I did that.

And I read Owen Meany somewhere in there. Did I mention I got about halfway through Owen Meany, got bored, and looked up the ending on Sparknotes? 'Cuz I did. It was pretty good, but I've read better. The fact that "IT'S A CLASSIC!!" doesn't mean I have to like it. In fact, I don't see how it can be a classic already -- it was published less than 20 years ago, wasn't it? Usually when I think of the word "classic" I think "it must have been written before 1900." " Moby-Dick " -- now that's a classic. šŸ˜„ šŸ˜‰

Okay, now I'm actually a little scared. Based on everything I've told you about Collision , it's sounding awfully similar to EVN: Phoenix. How this happened, I've no idea, as I'd never even heard of Phoenix before today. Anyway, I assure you all that, from what I can gather from the Phoenix site, Collision will be nothing like that.

What ever happened to Phoenix, anyway?

@starbridge21, on Sep 1 2007, 12:46 PM, said in Escape Velocity: Collision:

I also won't be doing half of those things. šŸ˜„ For sure I'll be tweaking things and testing the graphics, but I'll also (hopefully) have a small team of developers and graphic designers for the shans and rleDs -- plus, if that will be as late in the production process as you seem to think it will be, it'll be about time for Beta testing.

Funny, thats what I went into Colosseum thinking.

@joshtigerheart, on Sep 1 2007, 11:10 PM, said in Escape Velocity: Collision:

Oh, you just stop, JT. Give the man a chance.

I'd suggest talking to Ragashingo, EVula, and all those other guys to see if you could use the Aftermath Title. They've got some pretty awesome ship sprites, too.

And 'Bridge: there's someone on the forums who's just as evil as you...

@joshtigerheart, on Sep 2 2007, 02:10 AM, said in Escape Velocity: Collision:

Well, I can say with 200% certainty that I won't make a single graphic for this game. I don't want players to think a cow ate all of the graphics and vomited them back out. Twice.

@warlord-mike, on Sep 2 2007, 10:25 AM, said in Escape Velocity: Collision:

Oh, you just stop, JT. Give the man a chance.

Ditto.

I'd suggest talking to Ragashingo, EVula, and all those other guys to see if you could use the Aftermath Title. They've got some pretty awesome ship sprites, too.

Ah, but I don't wanna use Aftermath as my title! I like Collision! I don't think 'Aftermath' works as a title. It implies that this is whatever happened after what happened before. It sounds too sequel-y. Collision is, rather than a direct sequel, the start of something new. Mostly. For sure, people will remember the Bureau, etc. at the beginning, but everything that happens in Collision will easily blow the Bureau from the peoples' minds: there's a new antagonist in the Galaxy, and it's ten times more dangerous than if the Bureau had controlled the Aurorans and had the Polaris' technology.

And 'Bridge: there's someone on the forums who's just as evil as you...

šŸ˜„ Glad to see I'm not alone in my evil, evil ways.... šŸ˜‰

@starbridge21, on Sep 2 2007, 09:26 AM, said in Escape Velocity: Collision:

šŸ˜„ Glad to see I'm not alone in my evil, evil ways.... šŸ˜‰

P.S.: It isn't me. It's someone else who's working on a expansion of sorts for the Nova-Verse.

I'll just leave it at that. šŸ˜‰