Need help with lightwave...

Sorry, first time i join this forum and donno where to post, and if its in wrong place blah.. w/e
just try to help me..

here's what i need help with:
you'll see in the picture that i've uploaded my Glow intensity isnt working...
i accidently pressed on the "E" button..and now cant do nothing,,. please respond fast thx!

Attached File(s)

• Attached File blah.JPG (49.84K)
    Number of downloads: 38

Greeting Kici, welcome to the boards. Your question seems more suited for the EV: Dev boards where people work on plug-ins and other items relating to Escape Velocity. I'll let a admin know that this needs to be moved.

@crow-t--robot, on Feb 10 2008, 02:32 PM, said in Need help with lightwave...:

Greeting Kici, welcome to the boards. Your question seems more suited for the EV: Dev boards where people work on plug-ins and other items relating to Escape Velocity. I'll let a admin know that this needs to be moved.

grrr
but tell me the answer please....
that's why i came on thisforum, if not ban my username and bye..

I'm sure he would if he knew the answer. You're unlikely to get a fast response to a question like this as it's not something everyone who comes by this topic will know anything about. We do have a forum called Just Graphics which is perfectly appropriate for this but you'll just have to be patient and wait for both a mod to move your topic there and for someone in the know to answer it.

This post has been edited by Guy : 10 February 2008 - 03:50 PM

@guy, on Feb 10 2008, 03:49 PM, said in Need help with lightwave...:

I'm sure he would if he knew the answer. You're unlikely to get a fast response to a question like this as it's not something everyone who comes by this topic will know anything about. We do have a forum called Just Graphics which is perfectly appropriate for this but you'll just have to be patient and wait for both a mod to move your topic there and for someone in the know to answer it.

thx a lot guy, but never mind, i found it myself... just simply reinstall the program and create new shapes.. hah..
anyway tell the admins to delete my username bye!

Moving -> Dev board (someone might want to read this some day).

Cham

I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with EV.

Move to 'Just Graphics'?

Yeah, I'm going to move this to Just Graphics. Sorry for the game of musical forums, but this should've been put into Just Graphics to begin with.

BACK ON TOPIC

Kici - I'm not quite fluent in lightwave past version 7.5 (could only afford it once 😛 ) but I'm pretty sure that glow is modified under the "basic" tab not special buffers. The "Luminosity" is the one you want to increase to make the surface bright without the assistance of light.

@kici, on Feb 10 2008, 02:14 PM, said in Need help with lightwave...:

Sorry, first time i join this forum and donno where to post, and if its in wrong place blah.. w/e
just try to help me..

here's what i need help with:
you'll see in the picture that i've uploaded my Glow intensity isnt working...
i accidently pressed on the "E" button..and now cant do nothing,,. please respond fast thx!

Hold down shift while clicking on the E. That's access to the Graph Editor, by the way, which allows you to animate values.

@admiral-zombat, on Feb 11 2008, 12:03 AM, said in Need help with lightwave...:

BACK ON TOPIC

Kici - I'm not quite fluent in lightwave past version 7.5 (could only afford it once 😛 ) but I'm pretty sure that glow is modified under the "basic" tab not special buffers. The "Luminosity" is the one you want to increase to make the surface bright without the assistance of light.

Not sure what he was trying to do, but yes, Luminosity (under the Basic tab) is the one that affects surface brightness. Glow adds a glow effect around the object when you enable glow in Layout through the Image Processing window.

Also, if I remember right, in the lightwave scene editor you'll need to go to image processing and choose a pixel radius and intensity for glow effects.