Porting from EV/EVO to EVN

What's involved?

So I've got a little bit of knowledge of how plug-ins work and how to do things in Mission Computer, and I was wondering what exactly is involved in porting a plug-in for EV/EVO to work on the EVN game engine. I have the official ports of EV and EVO, and as I said earlier, I have Mission Computer. Is this a mega undertaking or is it possible to do relatively easily? Thanks in advance!

Last I heard from orca he had fixed all the known issues with SpacePort but didn't yet have a new release out.
Orca? Status report. 🙂

Yeah SpacePort 1.1.1 doesn't run on my computer, I have OS X 10.4.7 😞

A new version of SpacePort would be great though, assuming it works on newer macs.

SpacePort 1.2 is mostly done, as I recall. I remember there being a few more things I needed to fix...Guy? What was the last you heard? That was probably as far as I've gotten. 😛

Incidentally, you're probably also wondering about the RLE tools, in which case I have to admit that they were ready for an end-of-year release but I decided to redesign the interface and add more features at the last minute. I'm also investigating the possibility of using the Accelerate framework for vector processing, though that probably won't happen in the next release.

Will SpacePort 1.2 work with the newest versions of OS X?

@phoenixfire, on Feb 10 2008, 07:54 PM, said in Porting from EV/EVO to EVN:

Will SpacePort 1.2 work with the newest versions of OS X?

Most definitely.

@orcaloverbri9, on Feb 10 2008, 08:05 PM, said in Porting from EV/EVO to EVN:

Most definitely.

Most excellent! I look forward to it's release.