Need Models

Hello some of you have probably seen my post in the other board but I was recommended here anyways...

I am working on a mod for Freelancer that will convert it to the EV:N universe but I need models of the original ships(and if possible weapons), if you have any to spare it would be greatly appreciated(credits for the models/textures will be given to people who help of course).

Edit: Oh and btw the models need to have a 2k or less poly count.

P.S. No posts about how I should use a different game to base it off of.

This post has been edited by Bubb9 : 30 January 2008 - 03:38 PM

You may see my response in the other topic.

I'm sorry you feel that way but I think one is entitled to be a little miffed after 6 different people try to change what game your going to mod(this is not the only forum/game I've asked for some assistance).

Anyways if any of you wish to donate a model or 2 of an EV:N ship please feel free to do so your contribution will be greatly appreciated and will get the project moving faster.

This post has been edited by Bubb9 : 30 January 2008 - 05:38 PM

I think you fail to appreciate the kind of time and effort it would take to do even one ship. Why don't you just ask ATMOS for the models (you can always decrease the poly-count), seeing as they already have them? I'm sure they'd be happy to hand them over to anyone who asks for them. (/sarcasm)

After reading your original post on the Nova forums, I'm highly disinclined to offer assistance. A message titled "Need Models" that reads:

@bubb9, on Jan 28 2008, 02:22 AM, said in Need Models:

Hello some of you may remember me and quite a few of you wont, anyways I need someone to model all the Escape Velocity Nova Ships(or atleast a good portion of them) in a format that 3ds max can use and be aware I need them to have less than 2k poly count.

just doesn't make me want to spend literally full days (more likely weeks/months) of my life working on a project, even if there were much of a chance of it coming to fruition. Not only that, but you will notice that Crusader Alpha's remarks had nothing to do with Spacelancer vs. Freelancer; they were in regard to your manner. Your response to him has nothing to do with what he wrote; all it did was make you seem even more immature and frankly rude, along with having some serious entitlement issues.

I'm giving even odds that you'll reply to this message and any following it by stating that you have a "right to be miffed" after how you've been treated, but I would like to point out that the entire community is generally positive and helpful. You are fighting a monster entirely of your own making. In fact, I highly suggest that you leave these forums, as you are unlikely to receive any positive responses after the manner in which you have conducted yourself.

Have a nice day, and I hope you have better luck with the next community you attempt to exploit.

Source:

View PostBubb9, on Jan 30 2008, 10:37 PM, said:

I'm sorry you feel that way but I think one is entitled to be a little miffed after 6 different people try to change what game your going to mod (this is not the only forum/game I've asked for some assistance).

Ah yes well sorry for bothering you all apperantly asking for help is taboo, sorry I offended you guess I don't have any more business to attend to here so I'll be on my way oh and I'll let you know when the mod is complete.

P.S. Oh and Ambrosia wonderful people you have here very welcoming and understanding.

This post has been edited by Bubb9 : 31 January 2008 - 12:06 AM

Asking for help isn't taboo, but you fail to realize that all new projects are taken with a grain of salt and with much skepticism. The list of vaporware projects is longer than my arm.

And Ambrosia is in no way responsible for the content of the posts. If you have a problem with a post, there's a report button. However, seeing as how none of them broke any rules, that wouldn't get very far right now.

@bubb9, on Jan 30 2008, 11:05 PM, said in Need Models:

Ah yes well sorry for bothering you all apperantly asking for help is taboo, sorry I offended you guess I don't have any more business to attend to here so I'll be on my way oh and I'll let you know when the mod is complete.
P.S. Oh and Ambrosia wonderful people you have here very welcoming and understanding.

This topic makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. :wub:

🙂

@bubb9, on Jan 31 2008, 06:05 PM, said in Need Models:

3d modelling takes a lot of time and skill, most artists don't like to part with their work on a whim. You are asking people to spend hours of their time for your benefit, and they don't want to do that.

If people are being nasty report them and someone will look at it.